Standards of dress

cast.sheep said:
Admit it....you can't look away from Bruce Jenner, can you!

913ae4fc1095a58fe88700d06b4ecfdb8bdefcc4a346448d35c7a5f8f702e66b.jpg

subllibrm said:
My BIL would take my girls aside at family events...I honestly believe he used it as a cover story to get some "ogle time" in while appearing to be concerned about their spiritual condition.

I think I'd be having a sidebar conversation with my BIL...that would put a stop to that. ;D

cast.sheep said:
There are people who think sleeveless tops are "inappropriate".  Who decides what is inappropriate what isn't?  Is there a list somewhere that I don't know about?

Actually, a really good question.

It's really a combination of desiring to be modest, not wanting to be a stumbling block, some honest information, men exercising some self-control over eyes and thoughts.

cast.sheep said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
But, he has no right to apply his own rules to someone else's wife and daughters. 

Do you care to expound?

A man, husband, father has the obligation and duty to lead his own family.  And he should!  As this world gets more wicked all the time, it becomes and even more difficult job! But he is commanded to do it. 

He is NOT commanded to apply his own rules, personal preferences, etc. to anyone else's family.  That is THEIR man, husband, father's duty.  Not his.  Now if a man thinks some other family's rules, etc. are detriment to those of his own, he may choose to keep them away.  However, I think it would be better to teach his family how to deal with the differences instead of shunning them.

I used to work with a young lady who was a preacher's daughter; she always dressed in immodest clothing - short skirts, low tops, or tight clothes.  However, she didn't act provocatively - it was like she was completely clueless.

Because I wasn't her husband or father or brother, I didn't believe it was my business to say anything to her.

As I recall, the self-control was always at a higher level around her.

Matthew1323 said:
In honor of one of the sharing HACerettes on this thread.

YMBAH if...

when talking to a man you like or respect and he looks down, you simply believe him to be humble and probably carefully considering what you are saying. If you capture the attention of another man, when he looks down, you insinuate to everyone that he was staring at your "girls" and probably had some evil thoughts.

YMBAH if...

you believe that by simply looking at a man's eyes you can read every thought, intent, and burning desire in his soul. If anyone questions you concerning this amazing power, you simply turn it toward him for daring to contend with someone that possesses such an outstanding ability.

This past week, while I was visiting a bus route, a 13 year old girl would not listten as my friend spoke about the Gospel to the group she was with.  I engaged her in a side conversation, when suddenly she asked me, " Do you wear long skirts all the time? "

"Yes," I replied.  "Do you?" (I had noticed she, too, was wearing a skrt.)

"Yes," she said, "ever since I was born"
She was born here in the USA, but her parents were from the Congo.

Her attitude changed, and she wanted to know what her friends were hearing, and she was saved that evening.

Funny, that my long skirt is what God used to capture her attention. (Actually, it was a normal, knee-length skirt - not s msxi and definitely not a mini skirt. Yikes!

patriotic said:
This past week, while I was visiting a bus route, a 13 year old girl would not listten as my friend spoke about the Gospel to the group she was with.  I engaged her in a side conversation, when suddenly she asked me, " Do you wear long skirts all the time? "

Her attitude changed, and she wanted to know what her friends were hearing, and she was saved that evening.

Funny, that my long skirt is what God used to capture her attention. (Actually, it was a normal, knee-length skirt - not s msxi and definitely not a mini skirt. Yikes!

So there was a 13 year old girl that would not listen to the Gospel message.  Because you were wearing a knee length skirt the girl asked you a question which led to a conversation about Christ.  If you were wearing capris and a pink top would the girl have listened to the Gospel?
Was God not pleased with you because you were wearing a knee length skirt?  I think your unspoken testimony changed that girl's life.  I believe God used you in her life unlike any other woman in the entire world.  It made absolutely no difference whatsoever that you weren't wearing capris and a pink top.

*Sorry, cast.sheep, I couldn't resist.  :)

http://www.independentbaptist.com/2014/11/pants-on-females-is-there-more-to-the-issue/

Don’t tell me that men wore robes in the Bible as your excuse? Trust me, the attire of men and women’s clothing was very distinctive. There was no question as to what was a man’s clothing and what was a woman’s clothing. My challenge to you is not proof of whether pants on women is right or wrong but whether or not you know what it means to you.

RAIDER said:
patriotic said:

So there was a 13 year old girl that would not listen to the Gospel message.  Because you were wearing a knee length skirt the girl asked you a question which led to a conversation about Christ.  If you were wearing capris and a pink top would the girl have listened to the Gospel?
Was God not pleased with you because you were wearing a knee length skirt?  I think your unspoken testimony changed that girl's life.  I believe God used you in her life unlike any other woman in the entire world.  It made absolutely no difference whatsoever that you weren't wearing capris and a pink top.

God used both, just the same.

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
patriotic said:

Absolutely!

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
patriotic said:

Absolutely!

But one of them is not allowed to teach children. But is qualified to wipes the baby's butt.

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
patriotic said:

Absolutely!

But one of them is not allowed to teach children. But is qualified to wipes the baby's butt.

What kind of a liberal church is allowing a lady in capris to wipe a baby's butt?!!!

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:
patriotic said:

Absolutely!

What kind of a liberal church is allowing a lady in capris to wipe a baby's butt?!!!

ROFL!!  Good stuff.

cast.sheep said:

Classic!

This is really going to mess up Frags theology via bathroom signs.  ;)