Standards of dress

patriotic said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
It's really pretty here!  But, don't come calling in a Speedo.  Don't want to scare off the livestock.  Ha!

I can just see the expression on your hus8band's face if I showed up in a Speedo.  :)

TOTALLY being judgmental here, and QUITE PROUD to be so when I emphatically state,

"THERE IS NOT NOR EVER WILL BE AN OCCASION,  EVENT, OR ANY HUMAN ACTIVITY WHERE YOUR WEARING A SPEEDO MIGHT REMOTELY BE CONSIDERED APPROPRIATE!!!!!"

Not even when RAIDER is sumo wrestling?  ;D

Smellin Coffee said:
patriotic said:
RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:
It's really pretty here!  But, don't come calling in a Speedo.  Don't want to scare off the livestock.  Ha!

I can just see the expression on your hus8band's face if I showed up in a Speedo.  :)

TOTALLY being judgmental here, and QUITE PROUD to be so when I emphatically state,

"THERE IS NOT NOR EVER WILL BE AN OCCASION,  EVENT, OR ANY HUMAN ACTIVITY WHERE YOUR WEARING A SPEEDO MIGHT REMOTELY BE CONSIDERED APPROPRIATE!!!!!"

Not even when RAIDER is sumo wrestling?  ;D

Smellin, the Speedo is left in the locker room when I hit the Sumo mat.  I style and profile in my mawashi!

After reading this entire thread nearly 24 hours ago I have three thoughts.

1. Pamela Anderson is in no way an example of an attractive woman to me.

2. The statement, "All men are dogs," though often repeated, does not excuse anyone's bad thoughts or behavior.  That statement is not factual in all Christian circles.

3. If we have a group of bad behaving dogs then someone needs to at least call Cesar Milan.  If that doesn't work, Doctor Pol should be notified, so that he can bring a good sharp set of pruning clippers.

Matthew1323 said:
After reading this entire thread nearly 24 hours ago I have three thoughts.

1. Pamela Anderson is in no way an example of an attractive woman to me.

2. The statement, "All men are dogs," though often repeated, does not excuse anyone's bad thoughts or behavior.  That statement is not factual in all Christian circles.

3. If we have a group of bad behaving dogs then someone needs to at least call Cesar Milan.  If that doesn't work, Doctor Pol should be notified, so that he can bring a good sharp set of pruning clippers.

1.  It was meant as a joke.

2.  "All men are dogs" was not an excuse for bad thoughts or behavior.  It was a reference to the sinful nature on man.

3.  Good advice.

cast.sheep said:
I thought it was "men are pigs"?

You are correct!  The stinkin' (I love that word) Hacker misquoted me!!

In honor of one of the sharing HACerettes on this thread.

YMBAH if...

when talking to a man you like or respect and he looks down, you simply believe him to be humble and probably carefully considering what you are saying. If you capture the attention of another man, when he looks down, you insinuate to everyone that he was staring at your "girls" and probably had some evil thoughts. 

Matthew1323 said:

YMBAH if...

when talking to a man you like or respect and he looks down, you simply believe him to be humble and probably carefully considering what you are saying. If you capture the attention of another man, when he looks down, you insinuate to everyone that he was staring at your "girls" and probably had some evil thoughts.

Hmmmm, this brings up an interesting thought.  Knowing the poster of said "girls" story....I am certain that the "girls" were modestly covered, yet still drew the attention of certain men. What's a girl to do with her "girls" so as not to cause men to stumble??? Bind them up, if possible, so as to hide them? What's a very "blessed" girl to do with hers that are nearly impossible to hide? Apparently "men are pigs", so....what's a girl to do???? (besides band-aids, of course)

Matthew1323 said:

YMBAH if...

It is really awkward when they stare at my "girls" cause I'm a guy.

cast.sheep said:
Matthew1323 said:

YMBAH if...

Hmmmm, this brings up an interesting thought.  Knowing the poster of said "girls" story....I am certain that the "girls" were modestly covered, yet still drew the attention of certain men. What's a girl to do with her "girls" so as not to cause men to stumble??? Bind them up, if possible, so as to hide them? What's a very "blessed" girl to do with hers that are nearly impossible to hide? Apparently "men are pigs", so....what's a girl to do???? (besides band-aids, of course)

Really, really big band aids?

IDK if a lady really wants to be modest and not tempt the godly men in her life, she will find a way to disguise her "attributes" so that she doesn't cause them to stumble.  ???

Or she can just give him a slap upside the head and tell him to get his eyes out of her crumb catcher.  ;D

cast.sheep said:

Is it possible for a lady to be modestly dressed and still have a man lust after her?  Absolutely.  If she is properly covered God is not going to assign any "blame" to her.

RAIDER said:
Is it possible for a lady to be modestly dressed and still have a man lust after her?  Absolutely.  If she is properly covered God is not going to assign any "blame" to her.

I think the issue is what constitutes "properly" covered. A lot of clothing covers the necessary areas but it is so tight that it leaves nothing to the imagination.   

RAIDER said:
cast.sheep said:

I'm hoping that God doesn't EVER assign blame to me for someone else's sin.  I have a hard enough time trying to take care of my own without having someone else's assigned to me. 

Citadel of Truth said:
RAIDER said:

I think the issue is what constitutes "properly" covered. A lot of clothing covers the necessary areas but it is so tight that it leaves nothing to the imagination. 

Women should be thoughtful about this...but men need to control their imagination.  And vice-versa. 

We ALL need to take personal responsibility for our own selves and stop blaming others for our sin.  Period.

Citadel of Truth said:
RAIDER said:

I would not define wearing a tight fitting garment as being "properly" covered.

cast.sheep said:
I'm hoping that God doesn't EVER assign blame to me for someone else's sin.  I have a hard enough time trying to take care of my own without having someone else's assigned to me.

I agree.  That's why modest dress is an important topic.

RAIDER said:
Citadel of Truth said:
RAIDER said:

I would not define wearing a tight fitting garment as being "properly" covered.

I agree.  Applies to skirts and dresses as well.  A very sweet, GODLY woman in our church had a dress on Sunday that was a bit too tight on the backside.  Perhaps she had put on some weight recently.  Who knows. I could see the indention from her thong.  I know she did not realize that.  And if a man looked long enough or had the image running through his imagination causing lust, HE alone is responsible for that.  I am certain that she did not get dressed that morning with the intent of creating lust.  Just because what she had on may have been a bit inappropriate does not make her responsible for a man taking advantage of the situation.  If it was her intent, perhaps so.  But if it wasn't, no.

cast.sheep said:
I agree.  Applies to skirts and dresses as well.  A very sweet, GODLY woman in our church had a dress on Sunday that was a bit too tight on the backside.  Perhaps she had put on some weight recently.  Who knows. I could see the indention from her thong.  I know she did not realize that.  And if a man looked long enough or had the image running through his imagination causing lust, HE alone is responsible for that.  I am certain that she did not get dressed that morning with the intent of creating lust.  Just because what she had on may have been a bit inappropriate does not make her responsible for a man taking advantage of the situation.  If it was her intent, perhaps so.  But if it wasn't, no.

There are women every day that put on immodest clothing that are doing it because it is stylish.  They are not doing it to make a man look and lust.  That does not excuse them from dressing inappropriately.