Submission... What do you do with Paul's statements on the topic?

T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
I believe this word "submit" speaks of properly relating to.  We submit to God as we properly relate to Him and who He is and who we are.  We submit to one another as Paul said, as we properly relate to one another as being part of the body of Christ.  For the wife to submit is to properly relate to her husband, as her husband.

IMO, that hierarchical view of husband and wife is not consistent with the whole of Scripture.

Would you like to show in my statement where I mentioned such a view?

I don't know how else to interpret this:  "For the wife to submit is to properly relate to her husband, as her husband."

Just mark thru it and move on until you find something more agreeable!

Seems to be the "mode of operation" by so many here lately on this forum...I guess believing the Bible is passe.

*sigh*

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or find out where you live and leave a burning bag of dog poop on your porch.

"Jus' beleeb da Bible!  Ya don' gotta interpurt nuttin!  Jus' beleeb it!"

People like that shouldn't be allowed online unsupervised.

Everyone with a double-digit IQ and a picogram of honesty knows and admits that we *all* effectively "mark through" portions of Scripture.  The issue involves the bases on which we do this.

NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
I believe this word "submit" speaks of properly relating to.  We submit to God as we properly relate to Him and who He is and who we are.  We submit to one another as Paul said, as we properly relate to one another as being part of the body of Christ.  For the wife to submit is to properly relate to her husband, as her husband.

IMO, that hierarchical view of husband and wife is not consistent with the whole of Scripture.

I don't know how else to interpret this:  "For the wife to submit is to properly relate to her husband, as her husband."

Who else is she supposed to properly relate to as her husband...you clearly are reading your bias into my statement where it's not there.

No, you are clearly dissembling.  The normal way to understand your phrasing is that "submitting" is the proper way a wife "relates" to her husband.  That is hierarchy, specifically patriarchy.

I said Paul told us to submit, properly related to one another as believers ...do you automatically see a hierarchical system in that statement?

No, because it is inherently mutual and equal.  If you had said, "For the wife to submit is to properly relate to her husband, as her husband; and for the husband, to submit is to properly relate to his wife, as his wife," I would have had no objection.

I don't add, what the Scripture doesn't add. You continue to add to my clear statement...make your own statement and stand by it...I don't need you to add to mine.  Though you clearly have the propensity to that to more than my statements.

NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:

Seems to be the "mode of operation" by so many here lately on this forum...I guess believing the Bible is passe.

*sigh*

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or find out where you live and leave a burning bag of dog poop on your porch.

Everyone with a double-digit IQ and a picogram of honesty knows and admits that we *all* effectively "mark through" portions of Scripture.  The issue involves the bases on which we do this.

Once again, that's your approach to Scripture...its not for you to put that on others.  Sad you are limiting yourself to a double-digit IQ...sadly it shows with your juvenile desire to drop bags of poo on people's doorsteps.

T-Bone said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:

*sigh*

Once again, that's your approach to Scripture...its not for you to put that on others.  Sad you are limiting yourself to a double-digit IQ...sadly it shows with your juvenile desire to drop bags of poo on people's doorsteps.

You know ****** well you ignore portions of Scripture.  You're either an outright liar, or too stupid to walk and breathe at the same time.

[Ahem. - Ransom]

NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:

*sigh*

Don't cry. Your magic marker will bleed....

NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:
NorrinRadd said:
T-Bone said:

*sigh*

You know ****** well you ignore portions of Scripture.  You're either an outright liar, or too stupid to walk and breathe at the same time.

[Ahem. - Ransom]

Well Ransom removed a portion that I didn't see, probably for the better.  You don't know what you are talking about, there you go transferring your self serving approach to the Scripture to others. Which actually makes you the ignorant idiot, who knows nothing about what Bible believing Christians believe.  Go peddle you immature dog poo smelling self some where else!