Swamp Draining

Unequally yoked is unequally yoked. I choose not to be yoked to anyone but my Savior (and my wife 😉).

FWIW I have made the same argument with my friends of the “progressive” Christian mindset. God is a jealous God and does not share His glory with anyone.
and - out of context is out of context.... your 2 word scripture reference "unequally yoked" is just as misapplied and irrelevant in this latest thread as it was the first time you used it in the very first thread you started on this same subject weeks ago.......

..... but i wonder if you even know what it means... which old testament scripture paul was referring to when he said that to the church in corinth... and even more specifically why it was so important for farmers to follow that prinicple concerning their beasts of burden in the field..... :unsure:

you keep telling me i;m missing the point but the point you appear to be trying to make is the same unscriptural misapplication of text that fringe cults use to isolate themselves from society.. . ..not only resfusing to be the salt of the earth but literally hiding their lights under bushels... .... ... explain to me how living in such a way contributes to the glory of God..... and how refusing to attempts to steal from it.... i;ve already point out how it brings about the exact opposite results of what you claim you support and live for....

and - out of context is out of context.... your 2 word scripture reference "unequally yoked" is just as misapplied and irrelevant in this latest thread as it was the first time you used it in the very first thread you started on this same subject weeks ago.......

..... but i wonder if you even know what it means... which old testament scripture paul was referring to when he said that to the church in corinth... and even more specifically why it was so important for farmers to follow that prinicple concerning their beasts of burden in the field..... :unsure:

you keep telling me i;m missing the point but the point you appear to be trying to make is the same unscriptural misapplication of text that fringe cults use to isolate themselves from society.. . ..not only resfusing to be the salt of the earth but literally hiding their lights under bushels... .... ... explain to me how living in such a way contributes to the glory of God..... and how refusing to attempts to steal from it.... i;ve already point out how it brings about the exact opposite results of what you claim you support and live for....
Your explanation of what yoked means only bolsters my point. Put another way, would you go into a business partnership with Mr. Trump? Why or why not?

Me: Explain how Biden has done better.

You: Biden didn’t promise to do anything about the “swamp”.
That’s a campaign?

Again you are refusing to engage with the points Mr. Stossel (hardly a left winger) made regrading Mr. Trump expanding the “swamp”.

Honestly you would think that I was talking to a bunch of IFBxers busily pointing out all the good things Jack Hyles did. 😉

Your explanation of what yoked means only bolsters my point. Put another way, would you go into a business partnership with Mr. Trump? Why or why not?
voting for a presidential candidate is not the same thing as going into a business partnership... it;s far from it... . .supporting a candidate and voting is simply saying we believe he will be the viable candidate most able to support christian values ...and also run the country - keep the united states strong... economically sound... and safe from attack by other countries <--- don;t forget that in addition to your concerns about his lack of piety that underlined part in bold print is the real duty/responsibilities of a u.s. president.....

however... according to your own logic... .... if you have a drivers license... or if you have health insurance... life insurance... property insurance... if you have taken out a mortgage to buy a house.. .. even if you are simply a member of facebook or any other social media platform operated by non-believers... .. then you have already entered into true unequal partnerships and lop sided business agreements that you pay a fee for and in which you will be expected to abide by certain conditions the non-believers set down...(definition of yoked)... or you will face penalty... possibly even prosecution... the rewards are all theirs.... and the cost is all yours....

have you entered into any such unequal partnerships or agreements with non-believers?..... ...and you are in really big trouble if what you say is what you really believe - and you have ever been in the military or currently collecting a military pension....(supporting murder and collecting blood money)... i hope for your sake this has all just been a joke on your part to see if you could stir the pot and ruffle feathers here.... ....according to what you say going against your own conscience could be a near unpardonable sin.... i hope you haven;t already done it in a big way while chiding the rest of us for something small or not even proven to be an unequally yoked with non-believers situation --> (supporting a presidential candidate)

now.... as far as your theoretical business partnership with donald trump goes - would it be wrong for a christian to enter a business deal with trump on equal terms?.. with equal power and equal levels of responsibility?... equal risk and equal reward?........ if he really is a non-christian as you claim then that would consitute being equally yoked with a non-believer... ..where does scripture forbid a union ..an business agreement ..or a contract with a non-believer where all parts of the deal are equal?.....

Last edited:
Honestly you would think that I was talking to a bunch of IFBxers busily pointing out all the good things Jack Hyles did. 😉
you just can;t resist trying to compare the office of a president to that of a preacher can you ... ..... take my advice and don;t even go there..... you will not come out the other side intact..... if you are really that bent on showing your ignorance choose some other way to do it.....

Last edited:
That’s a campaign?

Again you are refusing to engage with the points Mr. Stossel (hardly a left winger) made regrading Mr. Trump expanding the “swamp”.
stossel is a journalist... and when he left fox news he became an unemployed non-entity journalist.... his questionable politics aside - like all other journalists - his primary goal in life is to make himself more visible and his writings more widely read... in other words he is out for ratings.. ...and he will do or say whatever it takes to get them... even if it means resorting to yellow journalism. ...... if you trust him then you are hardly the one to be lecturing the rest of us about trusting a former president who had a good record while in office....

Last edited:
Trump Promised To 'Drain the Swamp.' He Did the Opposite.

Total spending under Trump nearly doubled. New programs filled Washington with more bureaucrats.

JOHN STOSSEL | 5.8.2024 1:20 AM

Trump launched a $6 billion "Farmers to Families" Food Box Program to bring food from farmers to families.
"Last I checked," jokes Stringham, "we have an industry for that. It's called the supermarket industry. It exists for a reason. Markets are good at getting things from farmer to consumer."

Trump pandered to women, signing a Women, Peace, and Security Act, the Woman Entrepreneurship and Empowerment Act, the Women's Global Development and Prosperity Initiative, a Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative.

That just made the swamp bigger.

Probably permanently.

"Once government implements a program," Stringham points out, "it becomes very difficult to roll that back. You've created a whole new constituency of lobbyists who love their new income."

Seventy years ago, Congress feared America wouldn't have enough mohair for soldiers' uniforms. So they subsidized mohair production.

Today, the military doesn't use mohair. But the subsidy continues.

"We're stuck with it," says Stringham, "because now there's a whole group of new people on the payroll who like what they have."

At least Trump acknowledges his failure to drain the swamp.

"When I said it, it sounded very easy and it was going to happen real fast," he says. "I didn't know the swamp was this dirty and this deep."

Elect me again, he promises, and "we will drain the swamp once and for all."

I doubt it.

Trump doesn't understand the source of the swamp.

When a reporter called him out, saying, "You didn't drain the swamp like you said you would," Trump replied, "I did. I fired Comey. I fired a lot of people."

"He fired a couple people," replies Stringham, "but hiring additional people for government jobs—that's not draining the swamp; that's making things worse."

Much worse, because once you hire government employees, it's nearly impossible to fire them.

They "can show up late, not show up at all, show up drunk," says popular YouTuber Armand Curet, who works for the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Instead of hiring more bureaucrats, Trump could have turned to the private sector.

"Privatize!" exclaims Stringham. "Government doesn't need to be doing all these things. We have markets."

Markets work better. They even create things people assume can only be done by government.

When I ask people, "Who built NYC's subways?" everyone answers, "Government."

But it's not true. Private companies built most of them.

Politicians then forbade the entrepreneurs to raise prices from a nickel to a dime, driving them out of business. The city took over the subways and, guess what—raised the price much more.

Private enterprise is simply more efficient.

America doesn't need the Labor, Agriculture, Commerce Departments. Those things just happen. They work better if government gets out of the way.

Trump didn't privatize any department.

"He did do some deregulation," I say to Stringham.

"Government spending increased dramatically," Stringham replies. "I don't see that as draining the swamp. I see that as making the swamp a lot bigger."

There's only one way to drain it, he adds: "Don't have the government in control of so many things."

COPYRIGHT 2024 BY JFS PRODUCTIONS INC
Trump Promised To 'Drain the Swamp.' He Did the Opposite.

Trump launched a $6 billion "Farmers to Families" Food Box Program to bring food from farmers to families.

The farmer to famlies program was intended to use the size and buying power of the federal government to purchase food directly from large farms and major distributors at a significant discount and ship it directly to large food charities. Instead of paying farmers not to plant crops we would contract to buy the food directly from them.

Over 50 million food boxes were delivered to homes under the Trump Administration and President Joe Biden continued the program until May of 2021 delivering a total of 197 million food boxes to needy fam,ilies during the pandemic shutdown. The program was praised by both sides of the isle.

Trump pandered to women, signing a Women, Peace, and Security Act, the Woman Entrepreneurship and Empowerment Act, the Women's Global Development and Prosperity Initiative, a Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative.

These were all bipartisan bills aimes to throw money at proplems during the pandemic and were hugely popular in congress. Big wastes of money in many cases.

I do agree with the writer that in most cases prvate industry can do it better. Try to privitize a prison, outsource government work or reduce the number of postoffices or eliminate Sat delivery and see what party pushes back. Th entire VA medical program could be rolled into Medicare or Medicade and the entire VA healthcare program could go away. The highly specilized PTSD, Physical Therapy and Prosthic dept could continue to give care directly to Veterans and injured servicman.

I do agree with the writers implication government needs to shrink and the private setor is more efficient.

Our resident Trump Troll has convinced me not to vote Trump.
As soon as he gives me a viable, morally pure candidate as an alternative.

I can feel myself becoming more pious with Sub’s every post.
Hallelujah!

If I had to guess, Donald Trump isn’t born again! But I don’t believe either of the Bush’s were either.

There was not much inflation with Trump other than that not much difference, well no wars, that’s a big deal! Trump is as crooked as they come. His son n law made a BILLION dollars being, I believe his chief advisor.

I’ll vote for him. The main reason I like him is that he’s a gangster and he doesn’t hide it nor does he apologize for who he is. At least we know who we are getting. Kinda like, Sammy the Bull.

Our resident Trump Troll has convinced me not to vote Trump.
As soon as he gives me a viable, morally pure candidate as an alternative.

I can feel myself becoming more pious with Sub’s every post.
Hallelujah!

I’m thinking of writing in Ben Sasse.

Last edited:
I’m thinking of writing in Ben Sasse.
"Sasse resigned from the Senate on January 8, 2023, to succeed Kent Fuchs as president of the University of Florida."

You're endorsing a quitter?

"Sasse resigned from the Senate on January 8, 2023, to succeed Kent Fuchs as president of the University of Florida."

You're endorsing a quitter?
Well Pat Paulson is dead. What’s a fella supposed to do? 🤷‍♂️