Taxes done?

HeDied4U

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Finished up ours last night. First time I think we've ever had them done before Jan 31st. Getting almost $1500 back. Sweet!!

8)

Nope, not yet.  I have my done by a C.P.A.  Usually, it is March before I bother with it.

I dread doing them, too complicated this year. If I could take them to a CPA this year, I would. I will muddle through the best I can, I guess.

Waiting for one more 1099 and then on to the tax man. It is worth the $90 to let him do it. ;)

Still waiting on forms but got the needed forms figured out so I'm ready when they get here.

I should start mine this week.  I owed over $1,700 last year, ugh.  Stinking California! :mad:

If you're in the ministry, I highly recommend a CPA that specializes in ministry taxes. It may cost a little bit, but in the long run it eliminates a lot of headaches. PM me if you would like a suggestion. I have a place that has been doing mine for over 10 years. If you are a missionary I believe they give discounts- at least they did when I was a missionary.

Walkin with Jesus said:
If you're in the ministry, I highly recommend a CPA that specializes in ministry taxes. It may cost a little bit, but in the long run it eliminates a lot of headaches. PM me if you would like a suggestion. I have a place that has been doing mine for over 10 years. If you are a missionary I believe they give discounts- at least they did when I was a missionary.

I specialized in that particular business for a number years.  It is a very peculiar kind of tax prep.

I have entered almost every piece of data, but am waiting for my Scottrade statement, which should be available today. I will be so glad to be done with it all.

I have noticed they are asking a lot more questions about child dependents and car for business use this year.

Also, It's Deductible is a great program to use to determine the value of the items you are donating to charity. They valued my donations higher than I expected. Woot!

Still waiting on the last of my husband's 1099s, then doing them myself.

If you don't want to buy That's Deductible, there are lists online that give values for different items (some of the local Salvation Army sites have them). We just use those and put ours in a spreadsheet each year.

HeDied4U said:
Finished up ours last night. First time I think we've ever had them done before Jan 31st. Getting almost $1500 back. Sweet!!

8)

My best friend is one of those H&R Block people.  She did them for me this morning!  Yay!  A personal 'best' for me being early. :)

Raine said:
Still waiting on the last of my husband's 1099s, then doing them myself.

If you don't want to buy That's Deductible, there are lists online that give values for different items (some of the local Salvation Army sites have them). We just use those and put ours in a spreadsheet each year.

eBay is another great free source for such info. It's Deductible came free with our TurboTax program.