TDS and The American Church

subllibrm

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Social media  is a pretty interesting innovation. It allows us to see each other in ways that we would likely never experience over a life time of lunch breaks, pot lucks and wedding receptions. Observing the actions and reactions of my friends on the left and right of the political spectrum, I have come to the conclusion that TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) is alive and well on both sides of the aisle. I am amazed at how quickly Christians will drop any pretense of grace or peace to make a point for or against Mr. Trump.

Politics is poisonous to the gospel call.

Love him or hate him, Billy Graham understood this. He was able to stay above the fray and provide biblical guidance to leaders of both parties. Today, I am more likely to hear phrases like Killary, Oblahblah, Moochelle, etc. from christian leaders than calls for living peaceably among men.

There was a time when the great minds of the church debated scriptural interpretation. Now they divide over tax rates and regulatory positions. The devil loves the fruit of what he has son.

You may quote me:

The church in America has sold her spiritual birthright for a bowl of political pottage.

subllibrm said:
Social media  is a pretty interesting innovation. It allows us to see each other in ways that we would likely never experience over a life time of lunch breaks, pot lucks and wedding receptions. Observing the actions and reactions of my friends on the left and right of the political spectrum, I have come to the conclusion that TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) is alive and well on both sides of the aisle. I am amazed at how quickly Christians will drop any pretense of grace or peace to make a point for or against Mr. Trump.

Politics is poisonous to the gospel call.

Love him or hate him, Billy Graham understood this. He was able to stay above the fray and provide biblical guidance to leaders of both parties. Today, I am more likely to hear phrases like Killary, Oblahblah, Moochelle, etc. from christian leaders than calls for living peaceably among men.

There was a time when the great minds of the church debated scriptural interpretation. Now they divide over tax rates and regulatory positions. The devil loves the fruit of what he has son.

You may quote me:

The church in America has sold her spiritual birthright for a bowl of political pottage.

You do make valid points, but paint with a broad brush.
To save time, just tell us your balanced, intellectual position on how to handle this issue so we can agree and move on.  ;)