Temple relocation

Just Ben

Elect
Reaction score
I met a family in Atlanta today whose daughter attends Tennessee Temple. They told me that as far as they know, Temple will relocate their campus in 2016.

Not a whole lot left to move.

Thanks GenX for the link. It looks like a good plan for the campus, and certainly will be a lot safer for the students. On the Temple website I noticed that the buildings are beginning to sell. Perhaps they will be able to raise enough money to build the new campus.

I'm an alum and am excited about this.  I got materials in the mail that explained the relocation along with the artist renderings of the new buildings.  TTU has needed a fresh start for a long time and, to be honest, I assumed they would go out of business at some point.....

The question I have is whether TTU is breaking ties with Highland Park Baptist Church.  It seems like they are, but are not coming right out and saying it.  Can anyone confirm?

eastviewguy, thanks for the update. When I attended Temple my dorm was a house that sat where the library building is now. Those were great days then. I believe the layout of the new campus will be very appealing to the students and the parents, and will be a much safer setting. This may be the beginning of new growth for Temple. I believe the president has a good vision for the school.

Just Ben.....I agree and hopefully Temple will rebound by redefining itself.  The independent fundamentalist movement is behind them and they are making a tough, yet necessary decision to stay true to the Scripture but leave Baptist traditionalism in the past.  Go TTU!