thanksgiving plans?

View attachment 4945
Perfect pumpkin pie and whipped cream ratio plus good strong coffee...
wow..... i see you like a little bit of pie with your whipped cream..... ;) .....that;s awesome...... :giggle:... .... we made 3 big pumpkin pies last night - but haven;t dished them out yet.... saving them for tonight.... .... we have an 80 bottle wine cooler that is never more than half full... and as it turns out the temperature in a wine cooler.... about 55 degrees.... is perfect for keeping pies fresh..... so they are sitting on 3 of the shelves now..... but if nobody gets hungry again after that huge meal we had then they might stay in there until tomorrow... or this weekend... ... pumpkin pie for breakfast is always good.... :cool:

The house smells like turkey now. This was a good idea.
i think the smell in ours is a combination of turkey - ham - and roast beef... it;s hard to tell.... ... but then i was in the kitchen cooking for so long i probably smell like all that too.... i think i;m nose blind already....

When I was a kid, I loved whipped cream but was always yelled at for putting too much on my pie especially by grandma. So, when I was finally on my own I always went overboard with it because I could. I did that with Cool Whip once. Big mistake. Haven't been able to touch the stuff since. Real whipped cream on the other hand, that's a totally different matter. When Mrs. abcaines and I got married, I discovered that her mother loved whipped cream as much as I did and we both overindulged with dessert! Talk about a dream come true! This is the second Thanksgiving since Mom has passed and I have been faithful to overload my pie with whipped cream in dedication to Mom!

When I was a kid, I loved whipped cream but was always yelled at for putting too much on my pie especially by grandma. So, when I was finally on my own I always went overboard with it because I could. I did that with Cool Whip once. Big mistake. Haven't been able to touch the stuff since. Real whipped cream on the other hand, that's a totally different matter. When Mrs. abcaines and I got married, I discovered that her mother loved whipped cream as much as I did and we both overindulged with dessert! Talk about a dream come true! This is the second Thanksgiving since Mom has passed and I have been faithful to overload my pie with whipped cream in dedication to Mom!
real whipped cream is always the best.... . we had a huge bowl of it in the refrigerator a couple of hours ago... .. but one foray into the pumpkin pie stash by those who got hungry again... (me included).... and the whipped cream got wiped out..... . oh well.... we can always make more.... :cool:

real whipped cream is always the best.... . we had a huge bowl of it in the refrigerator a couple of hours ago... .. but one foray into the pumpkin pie stash by those who got hungry again... (me included).... and the whipped cream got wiped out..... . oh well.... we can always make more.... :cool:
Ah... Therein lies the rub... We were done with all our eating by 3 and that by design. We are no longer accustom eat large meals, especially late in the day. Furthermore, we limit carbs and sugar late in the day. I had to remind myself of this when I was tempted to raid the refrigerator just a little bit ago. Even though we kept the menu simple, we still ate far more than normal... Carbs and sodium in particular. I'm chugging water right now and my mouth is still dry. Oh well...

... pumpkin pie for breakfast is always good.... :cool:

Mission accomplished! 👍🏻

I had to balance the fruit content out and wash it down with one of my favorite desserts, called Cherry Delight. Moderation in everything dontchaknow? 😁

aleshanee said:
... pumpkin pie for breakfast is always good.... :cool:

Mission accomplished! 👍🏻

1000001254.jpg
Ditto.

Have you seen the show "Six"? It's 6 brothers singing acapella. I've seen video clips and they are really good. If I ever make it to Branson, that's a show I'll definitely see.
I noticed their bills all over the place, lol. Not sure if they're new or if I just never noticed the ads before, but I didn't stay to take in any shows this time around.

I noticed their bills all over the place, lol. Not sure if they're new or if I just never noticed the ads before, but I didn't stay to take in any shows this time around.
I first heard of them about 12-13 years ago.

That first piece was so good, I had another for dessert.
we have just enough left for one more pumpkin pie breakfast... .probably shouldn;t eat it coz i am still dizzy and in a state of tryptophanic lethargy from feasting for the past 2 days...... but if nobody else gets up and claims it i am going to eat it anyway...... got just enough whipped cream left to smother it too...:giggle: ....i know i will pay for all this indulgence later - but i already pulled clothes out of the closet a size wider and got them ready..... :sneaky: ...the older i get the less i find myself concerned with that particular issue.... it;s amazing..:unsure:

Had 2 sons here with spouse and gf. 3rd son stayed in Texas. Daughter is in Africa. Had a friend and wife, so 8 of us. Carrot cake, apple pie, pumpkin pie, which I am eating tonight. Of course turkey etc.

Had 2 sons here with spouse and gf. 3rd son stayed in Texas. Daughter is in Africa. Had a friend and wife, so 8 of us. Carrot cake, apple pie, pumpkin pie, which I am eating tonight. Of course turkey etc.
Thanksgiving leftovers are the BEST!!!

what are your plans for tommorrow?...... big day at home?... dinner out?.... travelling to see relatives?... :)

we are doing it all here at home this year.... all 9 members of the household will be here tomorrow..... and maybe a couple of guests.... we don;t know yet about them.... ... but we are cooking up the works.... .turkey...🦃 ... ham... 🐖... roast beast... 🐄 .... maybe prime rib.....shrimp 🦐 .. i went down to meet a fishing boat this morning and rummaged through the hold.. and found 2 really nice juvenile ahi... (shibi)... 🐟. .. .. so we will have seared ahi and wasabi too... ..plus all the usual dressings..stuffings and sides....😋 .. ... but i have a lot of help in the kitchen and it;s actually already underway.... ....ovens are hot getting the first things done....♨️

before the pandemic we spent many years going to the hale kulani for thanksgiving.... always reserved a table on the terrace ocean side of the restaurant... 🏝️ ... we started doing that after sam choys closed - which had been our thanksgiving place for a while after everybody left home but me - and all the room mates were going home to their families for the week.... .but we have not started going back to the hale kulani yet... ... was planning to this year but it would have been too expensive with 9 or more people..... so maybe next year.... :cool:

but anyway.... my break is over.....back to work..... 👩‍🍳

Sounds like an incredible feast at home :) We have enjoyed oahu watch dolphin tours with family :)

Last edited: