The Almost Bible - by Dr. Al Lacy

KJVO alert.

Al Lacy was the western novel author that Bro. Hyles brought to our church to indoctrinate us into the KJVO dogma.

We have several of Mr. Lacy's western novels in our HB library, My grand-kids and great grand-kids occasionally read them. He is a decent western author for kids.

He is a bit like that home economics professor Mrs. Ripplinger.

Good western author not so good on the Bible. Wordszzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

We still support him as a Sr. Evangelist.

"If thou be the Son of God" another slur against the deity of Christ like so many in the NIV. 

Love Dr. Lacey.

It sounds like he believed Baptists were way back in the time of Christ, too, after listening to some of his message on "The Book" at FBCH.

Good man.

PappaBear said:
"If thou be the Son of God" another slur against the deity of Christ like so many in the NIV. 

Love Dr. Lacey.

It sounds like he believed Baptists were way back in the time of Christ, too, after listening to some of his message on "The Book" at FBCH.

Good man.

Greetings sir,

thank you for posting this video sermon! I remember when I first saw this video. This is the very first sermon I heard brother Al Lacy preach. After watching this video of Dr. Al Lacy, I searched for more sermons that he preached. And was able to find them at this website:

http://fundamentalbaptistsermons.net/sermonsLacy1.htm

Also, I had been trying to find his one sermon: Burger King Religion. And I was actually able to find it on another site that listed all his sermon tapes and books.

And yeah he is a good man who has faithfully served the Lord. There is a Facebook Fan page for Dr. Al Lacy. You can see it by clicking on this link:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fans-of-Dr-Al-Lacy/214800001875660

And on this fan page, there is a video which a brother in the Lord uploaded of Al Lacy preaching at Baptist church. This was as recent as February of 2010.

The Almost Bible
By Dr. Al Lacy

Sort of the same as how KJV-onlyism is almost Christianity, eh?

PappaBear said:

Love Dr. Lacey.

Good man.

I just noticed Bro. Hyles main squeeze just behind his right shoulder sitting next to Mabel Boardway. 

She always sat there right next to him.

Just across the center choir isle to the right of his main squeeze is his wife Mrs. Hyles.

Brings back memories.

What is his Doctorate in and where did he earn it?

subllibrm said:
What is his Doctorate in and where did he earn it?

And in what library may I find and read the original academic research contained in his dissertation? :)

T-Bone said:
Dr. Al Lacy....bwhahaha

I am a doctor now too. I got it out of one of those claw/crane games.  ;D

In his 1991 book entitled Can I Trust My Bible, Al Lacy wrote:
"In this chapter, I am asking:  CAN I TRUST MY BIBLE'S TRANSLATION?  The answer is plain and simple. .. NOT IF YOUR BIBLE HAS ERRORS!  If it has even ONE error, it is not the Word of TRUTH!  You cannot trust it!  Because I'll guarantee you ... if it has ONE error, it will have a whole lot more.  How can you trust a 'Bible' that is not perfect?  if there are imperfections ... WHO is to identify the imperfections?" (p. 99).

According to a consistent application of Al Lacy's own faulty reasoning, the pre-1611 English Bibles of which the KJV was a revision cannot be trusted and were not the word of Truth since they had some errors.  Therefore, the KJV is based on imperfect, unreliable sources according to his claims.

According to a consistent application of Al Lacy's own faulty reasoning, the 1611 KJV cannot be trusted and is not the Word of TRUTH since it has errors and was not perfect.  According to his own faulty reasoning [based on fallacies], the 1611 KJV is in effect also an "almost Bible."

logos1560 said:
"In this chapter, I am asking:  CAN I TRUST MY BIBLE'S TRANSLATION?  The answer is plain and simple. .. NOT IF YOUR BIBLE HAS ERRORS!  If it has even ONE error, it is not the Word of TRUTH!  You cannot trust it!  Because I'll guarantee you ... if it has ONE error, it will have a whole lot more.  How can you trust a 'Bible' that is not perfect?  if there are imperfections ... WHO is to identify the imperfections?" (p. 99).

According to a consistent application of Al Lacy's own faulty reasoning, the pre-1611 English Bibles of which the KJV was a revision cannot be trusted and were not the word of Truth since they had some errors.  Therefore, the KJV is based on imperfect, unreliable sources according to his claims.

According to a consistent application of Al Lacy's own faulty reasoning, the 1611 KJV cannot be trusted and is not the Word of TRUTH since it has errors and was not perfect.  According to his own faulty reasoning [based on fallacies], the 1611 KJV is in effect also an "almost Bible."

Well if you are going to require consistent application and integrity for bozo's like Lacy, you must be a libtard!  Right Ozzy?

T-Bone said:
logos1560 said:

Well if you are going to require consistent application and integrity for bozo's like Lacy, you must be a libtard!  Right Ozzy?
Just write Westerns Al, it's what you're good at.

Anishinaabe