The average American watches more than 4 hours of TV each day

I don't watch a set amount each day.  I like old movies, a little Fox News, any old westerns and military documentaries. 

14 hours a day. I'd watch more but I don't want to get addicted to sitting around watching TV all the time.

I mainly watch tv during football season. And pbs sometimes. My time is mostly spent on the phone internet.

Bro Blue said:
I mainly watch tv during football season. And pbs sometimes. My time is mostly spent on the phone internet.

If you are watching Steeler Superbowl re-runs, then you are watching the essence of NFL football history. Nothin' wrong with that my friend!  8)

I'm a Patriots fan. Nuff said. 8)

And yeah, I know they lost the superbowl. There's always next year. And there's a good chance they'll be there.

Bob L said:
Bro Blue said:

If you are watching Steeler Superbowl re-runs, then you are watching the essence of NFL football history. Nothin' wrong with that my friend!  8)

If you are watching football re-runs, since they have already been viewed, they do not count toward your weekly allotment of 28 hours.

What's this thing called "TV" that you all watch?

Walkin with Jesus said:

It's the idol that takes up every idle moment of someones time if they let it.

Winston said:
How many hours do you watch and what do you watch?

I watch less than 1/2 hour per day on average.

Mostly AFV or an occasional sitcom, but laugh tracks are stupid.

Stats are taken from here:
http://www.csun.edu/science/health/docs/tv&health.html

I probably watch anywhere from 2 to 4 hours a day, depending on my schedule and what day of the week it is.

I watch a lot of Fox News, plus one soap opera (no comments please thankyouverymuch LOL), the Biggest Loser and the Big Bang Theory.

Winston said:
How many hours do you watch and what do you watch?

I watch less than 1/2 hour per day on average.

Mostly AFV or an occasional sitcom, but laugh tracks are stupid.

Stats are taken from here:
http://www.csun.edu/science/health/docs/tv&health.html

I'm not an American but there are a couple of shows I watch on Friday right now if they are not reruns. Those are the only shows I watch so it would be less than 4 hours.

Bro Blue said:
Walkin with Jesus said:

It's the idol that takes up every idle moment of someones time if they let it.

I thought that was called 'Facebook'?

I don't do facebook or twitter. This forum is the only social site I go to. And that's only because a good bit of the material is going to be bible based....sometimes.

I keep the TV off all day, but my husband has to have it on when he's home, so I spend about 4 hours a day with it on the room, but usually have my face glued to the laptop rather than the television. I maybe watch 2-3 hours a week, usually whatever he's watching if it happens to interest me. We did switch to Netflix, so at least there's some control over what's on, and I'm spared commercials.