The best of times

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
While we all had our individual experiences at HAC/FBCH, I'm sure we can talk of both good times and bad times.  This thread is for us to share the good times we had.  Maybe it was an activity, a class, a ministry, a friend, etc.  Tell us about something you truly enjoyed at HAC/FBCH.

*As always, one story or thought per post.

The pick up basketball games were a blast!  We would get a group of guys to meet at the gym and we would play for hours. 

I always enjoyed Dr. Hyles' Wednesday evening Bible studies at FBCH.

Starting a lifelong journey of living by faith in the provision of Godin good times & tough times .

Eating at the dining hall!  Oops, wrong thread... 8)

Playing ping pong especially on Saturday nights.  One of the staff members was a member of a ping pong club in Chicago.  He would bring different members to play.  Great times!

Usually once a year Dr. Hyles would come to chapel and announce some special upcoming days.  During chapel there were usually skits and a lot of exciting announcements about the next two or three days.  During my HAC days we did not have Spring Break.  I think it was there way of giving us a little mercy. 

One of the most practical classes I took was something called something like, "Practical Writing" taught by Mrs. Barber. It was practical for that time & the low tech printing & document creation of the times (e.g., the early 80's when I graduated).

But the class was most helpful in teaching proper form & format for church stationary,  forms & documents.

Hanging out with friends in the dining hall area during an evening off work. 

I enjoyed watching some of the high strung HACkers have some shouting fits during fiery preaching during chapel in the old chapel building.

I enjoyed Thursday evening during Pastor's School.

Youth Ministry Bible Clubs.

Fellow Busworkers.  Greatest people in the world.

As a couple we had so little extra while at HAC but we were able to save for a trip to Shakey's once in a while.

fishinnut said:
As a couple we had so little extra while at HAC but we were able to save for a trip to Shakey's once in a while.

Oh, just to eat the Shakey's buffet one more time!

RAIDER said:
Oh, just to eat the Shakey's buffet one more time!

4e5f26d6e9b3f.preview-1024.jpg

While the pizza was decent, the fried chicken was fantastic!!