The "Bruce Gerencser" example of abandoning God instead of men

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
I've been reading Bruce Gerencser's website https://brucegerencser.net/. If you don't know him, it is rather interesting read.

Yet, he has something in common with those he references. He has feel into the trap of abandoning God instead of men. Which really is one of the main "trials of faith" that every son of God goes through. Sooner or later, you're going to have to choose God..... if you're going to find peace with Him.

This happens often with intellectual people that rightfully spot problems that Christians just refuse to recognize. People like many of the people here in this forum. I learned a long time that what people SAY about God is much different than what God has said about Himself. I decided to know the difference. He, like many others, doesn't really want to know the difference.

Situations like this fall into the category that Paul referenced in

Rom 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
Rom 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you

The empty twisted teachings that you find among the average "church member" just isn't intellectually sound..... and the average person doesn't have any idea how to change. They keep saying what they've been told and it just keeps failing.

Question, what would you say to a person like this?

Last edited: