The Case for the Partial Rip Tide

Bob Jones V

Elect
Reaction score
THe most powerful Rip Tide in the world. If it's partial, not as many people die.

Last edited:

THe most powerful Rip Tide in the world. If it's partial, not as many people die.
In spite of the good works that the church at Thyatira had done, Jesus is warning them because iniquity has been found in her for why they had best repent or else be cast into the bed of the great tribulation. Those who are not in that iniquity nor utter the depths of Satan for which they speak ( tongues for private use ) are to hold fast. Sounds like a partial rapture to me as those that do not repent are cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation while those that hold fast... escape.

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

What happens when a disciple that is a saved believer stops abiding in Him & His words?

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

What fire is that? Hellfire? Or that fire that is coming on the earth for not being ready as found abiding in Him? Note how those believers are cut off for not being ready in verse 46 in aligning with John 15:6 above..

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

Now note how verses 47-48 still has the Lord identifying them as servants and how they are going to get stripes per the measure of knowledge they had for not being ready and lesser stripes for the lack of knowledge they had for not being ready BUT stripes they will get.

WHY if they are saved believer albeit left behind for not departing from iniquity? Because they are not going to bring their iniquities into His holiness.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. <--- see how that aligns with Luke 12:46-47 ??

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. <--- that is why.

So saved believers better heed His warning to get ready as found abiding in Him or else a comeuppance is coming from the father with a scourging aka a whipping that will drive your sin out.

How? Hebrews 12:1-2 by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight ( provision for the flesh ) & sin daily in walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son.

I hate to give away the fact that I'm technically challenged but, what is a "bot"?

I hate to give away the fact that I'm technically challenged but, what is a "bot"?
A computer program designed to interact with a Web site in the same way as a human user does, i.e. an Internet robot. Usually they're benign--for example, indexing a Web site for a search engine, or automating responses to certain queries or keywords--but it's possible to deploy malicious ones as well.

I'm not convinced Mr. Bus is a bot. I think he's basically an attention seeker with a hard drive full of copypasta.

A computer program designed to interact with a Web site in the same way as a human user does, i.e. an Internet robot. Usually they're benign--for example, indexing a Web site for a search engine, or automating responses to certain queries or keywords--but it's possible to deploy malicious ones as well.

I'm not convinced Mr. Bus is a bot. I think he's basically an attention seeker with a hard drive full of copypasta.
The only reason I think it might not be a bot is because he made a wisecrack about your avatar in one post. I could be wrong, but I’m doubtful that even the most advanced bot known could do that.

The only reason I think it might not be a bot is because he made a wisecrack about your avatar in one post. I could be wrong, but I’m doubtful that even the most advanced bot known could do that.

Yes, I caught that too. While it might be theoretically possible, there's no reason whatever to deploy such an expensive and advanced bot on our forum. We're not worth the expense.

"Bot" HAC defender, meh, not much difference.

He/it doesn't seem to be in defense of any particular institution; just a particular school of thought.
Yeah, when I say HAC defender, I don't really mean Hyles, just that mind set that defends indefensible things with ad hominem and really bad logic.