The Coronation/Crowning of THE King, Jesus Christ

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
Man is always looking at the things around them to find answers. This isn't always a fruitless endeavor. There are many things within nature and society that mimic or pattern Spiritual Truth. However, they are often corrupted by man's imaginations.

An example of this is the Dispensational teachings concerning the coronation/crowning of Jesus Christ as King. A Dispensationalist would often say that the event hasn't happened. They largely do this because they fail to recognize the intent of God in the process. They look for a great grand event wherein "their king" will SLAUGHTER their enemies. I realized a long time ago that when "church folk" start talking about rejoicing in the rule of Christ, they do so thinking their enemies would be mercilessly vanquished. Not realizing they are often just as bad or worse than their so called enemies. They're just like those Jews waiting for the battle to start as Jesus entered Jerusalem...... not realizing they were lowly sinners just like the Gentiles worlds around them.

So just when did Jesus Christ "coronation/crowning" take place? Lets look at the Scriptures and not the imagination of men.

John 18:37 Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.”

With this one verse, we know for absolute certainty that coronation of Jesus Christ is associated with His birth and life in this world. The Incarnation of God in flesh. The glorious Advent of Jesus Christ.

To which, some would deny and point to the previous verse to say that view is incorrect.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

Yet, we must parse this verse correctly. Jesus said very clearly. 'My Kingdom is NOT of this world".... To which I think we all can say Amen. I desire such. I wish it were true. I wish that Jesus sat on a throne.... literally ruling and reigning all men. Yet, this is where the Dispensationalist errors. He believe this verse details how an earthly king would go about accomplishing his goal in humanity. Yet, we know that our KING is not a man that he should lie. Not a man that he should repent.

Which is why Jesus continues the conversation with Pilate by pointing the fact that his servants would be fighting right now to keep Him from being delivered into the hands of his enemies. Yet. Here He is. Beaten. Wounded. Debased like no other king would tolerate.

Jesus wasn't saying "I'm not a king"..... right now. He simply saying he wasn't a wicked king in the line of the man he was talking to (Pilate). A king seeking the death of sinners not realizing they were sinners TOO....

The coronation of Jesus Christ took place right after John the Baptist declared the "Kingdom of God is near"!

Mat 3:16 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him;
Mat 3:17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

The crowning of the King with the Holy Spirit "like a dove".....

A sinner loving, harmless King seeking the hearts and minds of his benefactors.

Luk 22:25 And he said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those in authority over them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves.
Luk 22:27 For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am among you as the one who serves.

Jesus, The King of Kings and Lord of Lords..... just isn't like us. He is so MUCH BETTER.....

If you expect Jesus to be like us? You've got some really big problems understanding God....

Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

The harmless/innocent (Lamb of God) demanding the same from His sheep.

Last edited:
If "treasure_lost" is is lucky, the Lord might let him sweep around His throne during the Millenium.

I know I'd be thrilled with the job.

If "treasure_lost" is is lucky, the Lord might let him sweep around His throne during the Millenium.

I know I'd be thrilled with the job.
Brother, I've heard better mocking than that.... :) but I agree with the job part. ;)