The Corrupt Christian Music Industry

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
His tattoo bothers me but he speaks to that in his pinned comment.

Sorry, but me and his 12 other followers are waiting for Salter Saluder McGruder Mctavish Dundee to weigh in on this weighty subject matter...in King James-eth English.

What he is bothered with is the lack of separation among those in the CCM movement & that they make money from their tunes & concerts.

These singers do make a living from their music & preachers make a living preaching. That does not bother me nor do I consider them corrupt.

Many of them know little about separation. But IMHO, that is because their preachers & pastors do not get nor do they preach, practice or teach them about any kind of Biblical separation. I can enjoy listening to many of the CCM tunes & yet not make these artist my spiritual leaders.

BTW, as I skimmed through that video I did not hear him use a single verse from the Bible or teach any of it's principles. I did hear a lot of stuff like, bad-bad-wicked-wicked. But are they? Or are they very talented believers with an excitement about having been saved.........putting that excitement to music? They then find fellowship with like-minded singers where they find encouragement and a bond many of us never experience. Howbeit, they, like all of us, are in need of strong Biblical teaching

I do not know that I would call that corruption.

When I was in Bible college we had a young guy with a very good singing voice & different style of delivery. Our pastor at the time made a comment, "That young man has some real talent & if he stays right with God, he has some real potential for the Lord's work." He did not try to make him a big-name. He was more interested in the singer being discipled & growing in the Word. That "singer" has been a pastor of a local church since the early 80's. But there is a tendency to make young talented but many times immature believers into Christian STARS before they know much about the Bible.

Just some thoughts of mine.

His youtube channel even has videos condemning the MacArthur/Todd Friel/Todd Peters crowd for "endorsing" liberal and carnal churches including Blaine Bartel's (of Fire By Nite fame).

I'm a follower of Lauren D,

Tony Hutson might be better sounding than someone dragging their feet through a puddle of diarrhea.

I'm still thinking that over.

To some, he‘s the best preacher in ‘fundamentalism’...
Haymaaan

Boy did she fail to take a stand against LGBT. She might have said "I'm not going down that road".... but she didn't.

Wonder if she'll pull an Amy Grant and "Crossover" to secular mainstream. There were some in the CCM industry as well as many churches who were upset by that even Tony Hutson. Hutson still throws shade at Grant every once in a while in his sermons.

Wonder if she'll pull an Amy Grant and "Crossover" to secular mainstream. There were some in the CCM industry as well as many churches who were upset by that even Tony Hutson. Hutson still throws shade at Grant every once in a while in his sermons.

I like her music. As long as you can understand the words to a song and it glorifies God in Truth, the genre doesn't really mean much to me.

Having said that, the Truth is the Truth. If you're going to compromise your integrity so you can still sell music or remain relative, then you need to admit your mistake. Hopefully, she will change.

Has anyone heard the sermons on how the "beat" to songs are ungodly based on Scripture?

He probably still ‘throws shade’ at the Beatles...he’s so up to date.

Well to be fair to Tony, unlike most IFB preachers, he actually kept up with modern music only these days he's claiming kids shouldn't listen to Bon Jovi, MTV, Michael W Smith etc while he mocks Stevie Ray Vaughn and George Jones. Bro. Tony had a strong disdain for Willie George (Gospel Bill) and his young partner Blaine Bartel (Fire By Nite) but if you weren't IFB or liked Chick Fil-A, then you had heat with Dr. Hutson....HAY-MAN