The craziest thing I saw at HAC/FBCH

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I'm sure we all saw some things at HAC/FBCH that made us shake our heads in disbelief.  This is the thread for those stories.  Hacker Nation, tell us about it!!

*As always, one story per post.

I remember a skit (it may have been at PS) where four or five guys used the same toothbrush and spit water back in the same cup.  The guy at the end drank the water. 

RAIDER said:
I remember a skit (it may have been at PS) where four or five guys used the same toothbrush and spit water back in the same cup.  The guy at the end drank the water.
That was 1 sick................the HACker must have gotten paid to do it.................skit.

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
That was 1 sick................the HACker must have gotten paid to do it.................skit.

If I remember correctly the kid got a semester's tuition

YC skit around 85. A bunch of guys rushed into the building yelling & went over the balcony like they were taking over the meeting at g unpoint. One of the guys (a HACKER) could not figure out how to climb down a rope & go over the balcony onto the main level. I was seated on one side of the balcony & had a perfect view. It turned into a comedy act as he'd act like he would go over but then climb back up a number of times.....all the while the rest of them had run up on the platform & were all looking back at this guy.

He finally gave up, ran, while yelling back up to the balcony thru entry doorway, down the stairs & into an auditorium main floor entrance door & to the platform.

fishinnut said:
YC skit around 85. A bunch of guys rushed into the building yelling & went over the balcony like they were taking over the meeting at g unpoint. One of the guys (a HACKER) could not figure out how to climb down a rope & go over the balcony onto the main level. I was seated on one side of the balcony & had a perfect view. It turned into a comedy act as he'd act like he would go over but then climb back up a number of times.....all the while the rest of them had run up on the platform & were all looking back at this guy.

He finally gave up, ran, while yelling back up to the balcony thru entry doorway, down the stairs & into an auditorium main floor entrance door & to the platform.

I bet that brought a laugh!

TheRealJonStewart said:
Jack Schaap demonstrating how to polish a shaft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr0UpQXYkGs

Just as crazy is the group of guys behind him that sat through many of Schaap's off-the-wall sermons.

RAIDER said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

Just as crazy is the group of guys behind him that sat through many of Schaap's off-the-wall sermons.
And wishing they were like him.... To have his vision, his spirituality.... Putting him on a pedestal in their sermons as they preached across the country.

fishinnut said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
YOU WIN.

Can we forgo the video?

I was actually there at that conference. I remember looking around at other youth pastors and we all looked at each other (in our section) with disbelief. One guy however was like chuckling, probably also in disbelief or immaturity.

qwerty said:
RAIDER said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

And wishing they were like him.... To have his vision, his spirituality.... Putting him on a pedestal in their sermons as they preached across the country.

That is still the thing that baffles me the most.  How in the world could so many of these "high profile" guys sit there week after week and listen to the bazaar comments that he made during sermons? 

RAIDER said:
That is still the thing that baffles me the most.  How in the world could so many of these "high profile" guys sit there week after week and listen to the bazaar comments that he made during sermons?

$$$$$$$$$

Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

$$$$$$$$$

I don't know if these guys made decent money or not.  Was it a "comfort zone"?  Was it the status of working for FBCH/HAC?

Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

$$$$$$$$$
Putting up with that for MAYBE 30k  a year?
I think it has more to do with the 'prestige' of working there or the 'fear' of leaving if you were to try.

16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

$$$$$$$$$
I think it has more to do with the 'prestige' of working there or the 'fear' of leaving if you were to try.

And not being able to tell the truth as to why you are leaving to a prospective employer.

Baptist City Holdout said:
16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

$$$$$$$$$

And not being able to tell the truth as to why you are leaving to a prospective employer.

Yes, we won't want to tell anyone that we were leaving because you thought false doctrine was being preached.  ;)

RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

$$$$$$$$$

Yes, we won't want to tell anyone that we were leaving because you thought false doctrine was being preached.  ;)
It's called 'disloyalty'...  :mad:  Phooey!

RAIDER said:
qwerty said:
RAIDER said:
TheRealJonStewart said:

Long lasting & lingering effects of misguided but oft taught loyalty to "men of God" & hammered into submissive minds through the preaching there.

16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

$$$$$$$$$

It's called 'disloyalty'...  :mad:  Phooey!
I think many of them don't think they have anywhere else to go.  No skillset.  Nothing marketable.

Just my opinion, but I think I am right.