The Declaration of Assent, What the KJV makers were required to believe.

bgwilkinson

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
The Declaration of Assent, What the KJV makers were required to believe.

All Government controlled Church of England ecclesiastical professionals were required to sign the Declaration.

By studying the 39 Articles, The Book of Common Prayer and the Ordering of Bishops, Priests and Deacons

one can gain insight into the minds of the KJV translators since it is what they had to swear that they believed.

Warning to all KJVOs.  Warning. You may not recover your KJVO belief if you read this material.

This material is not filtered by an approved KJVO writter. This stuff is direct from the Church of England

and the British Government and has no bias for or against KJVO, just the facts.

The Declaration of Assent is sworn by all clergy when they are ordained or take up any post in the Church,

affirming their allegiance to the Anglican tradition. This has been in practice since at least 1571.

This comes from my Book of Common Prayer, 1662 edition.

Preface
The Church of England is part of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church, worshipping the one true God,

Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

It professes the faith uniquely revealed in the Holy Scriptures and set forth in the catholic creeds, which faith

the Church is called upon to proclaim afresh in each generation.

Led by the Holy Spirit, it has borne witness to Christian truth in its historic formularies, the Thirty-nine

Articles of Religion, The Book of Common Prayer and the Ordering of Bishops, Priests and Deacons.

In the declaration you are about to make, will you affirm your loyalty to this inheritance of faith as your

inspiration and guidance under God in bringing the grace and truth of Christ to this generation and making

Him known to those in your care?

Declaration of Assent

I,A B, do so affirm, and accordingly declare my belief in the faith which is revealed in the Holy Scriptures and

set forth in the catholic creeds and to which the historic formularies of the Church of England bear witness;

and in public prayer and administration of the sacraments, I will use only the forms of service which are

authorized or allowed by Canon.

So you see if they did not believe the articles, BOCP and the Ordering, they were lairs.

Over the next few days I will post the 39 articles or excerpts, I don't want to bore you.

After that I will get to excerpts from the Prayer Book and the Ordering.

Here is a link to the 39 Articles so you don't have to wait.

http://www.britainexpress.com/History/tudor/39articles-text.htm

Link to more back ground info.

http://shelf3d.com/i/Thirty-nine%20Articles

Here is a link to the UK gov web site so you can see this is controlled from the British parliament.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Vict/28-29/122/enacted

Of course these links are not exhaustive. The information on this in Church history is ubiquitous.

Irrespective of anything one may post, write or say regarding any supposed requirements of belief, or any standards of conduct, or for that matter any apparent failings of character or behavior of those various "learned men" who produced the KJV, the modern KJVO "disciple" is nonetheless guaranteed, indeed required to insist that God somehow produced through them the one and only absolutely perfect Bible, in English; ultimate, incapable of improvement, and altogether final.

8)

SAWBONES said:
Irrespective of anything one may post, write or say regarding any supposed requirements of belief, or any standards of conduct, or for that matter any apparent failings of character or behavior of those various "learned men" who produced the KJV, the modern KJVO "disciple" is nonetheless guaranteed, indeed required to insist that God somehow produced through them the one and only absolutely perfect Bible, in English; ultimate, incapable of improvement, and altogether final.

8)

KJVOs would do well to spend less time worshiping the KJV and more time worshiping KJC.

The Rogue Tomato said:
KJVOs would do well to spend less time worshiping the KJV and more time worshiping KJC.

To which we've seen that certain of them have replied in their confusion that the KJV is effectively KJC.  :(

And of course there's the point that in their apparent zeal to enshrine and emphasize the KJV, they too frequently fail to exhibit any evidence of the fruits of the Spirit, in fact often instead demonstrating attributes of hatred, dishonesty and pride.

In such a case, which holds greater evidential weight for the observer: their words or their actions?

[quote author=The Rogue Tomato]KJVOs would do well to spend less time worshiping the KJV and more time worshiping KJC.
[/quote]

How about KFC?

rsc2a said:
[quote author=The Rogue Tomato]KJVOs would do well to spend less time worshiping the KJV and more time worshiping KJC.

How about KFC?
[/quote]

Too chicken. :D

Smellin Coffee said:
rsc2a said:

How about KFC?

Too chicken. :D
[/quote]

Bird brain.

Original or extra crispy?

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
Original or extra crispy?

Anishinaabe

I guess it is determined by when one wants to kick the bucket.

Smellin Coffee said:
rsc2a said:
[quote author=Smellin Coffee]I guess it is determined by when one wants to kick lick the bucket.

Fixed.

No, the "lickin'" is for the fingers. :)[/quote]

Wrong thread. And that only applies to Casual Burka Fridays.