The Free Will Challenge

I trust one name and one name only I.e. Jesus try it it brings inner peace and deeper faith than Calvin could ever give.
You, on the other hand, cannot be trusted to tell the truth or back up your false accusations with evidence.

Jesus is embarrassed by you.

You, on the other hand, cannot be trusted to tell the truth or back up your false accusations with evidence.

Jesus is embarrassed by you.
You have way to much Calvin on your heart to presume to speak for Jesus. I believe they call that being hypocritical. ——>Calvin proceeds with the comment: “What God has thus joined, let no man put asunder. To those to whom God is a father, the church must also be a mother.” With this comment, Calvin mixes marital and maternal metaphors by conflating a statement from Jesus about the comprehensive and permanent union involved in marriage (Mark 10:9) with the famous quote from Cyprian (200-258) about the absolute necessity of membership in the visible church for one’s salvation. In Calvin’s view, since the church is the bride of Christ and mother of believers, concrete membership within her is essential to the being, and not merely the well-being, of Christian life. An implication of the visible church’s maternal nature, Calvin argues, is that Christians must glean from her nurture their whole lives. “[It] is always disastrous to leave the church.” https://adfontesjournal.com/church-history/calvins-complex-ecumenism/

Last edited:
I am not so sure Calvi

Still not sure Calvinism did not believe in baptismal regeneration still reading his twisting of scripture and splitting of hairs in his institutes.
In other words, "I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'm going to make excuses!" Typical of you. Thanks.

You have way to much Calvin on your heart to presume to speak for Jesus.
I don't actually study Calvin much. I've read just enough of his own works to know what he believed.

You are too much of a fool to do even that minimal reading, which is why you embarrass yourself with every post.

Still waiting for you to document my "excuses and lies." They're right here on this forum, and you're still unable to find them. LOL, what a loser.

I don't actually study Calvin much. I've read just enough of his own works to know what he believed.

You are too much of a fool to do even that minimal reading, which is why you embarrass yourself with every post.

Still waiting for you to document my "excuses and lies." They're right here on this forum, and you're still unable to find them. LOL, what a loser.
Calvin proceeds with the comment: “What God has thus joined, let no man put asunder. To those to whom God is a father, the church must also be a mother.” With this comment, Calvin mixes marital and maternal metaphors by conflating a statement from Jesus about the comprehensive and permanent union involved in marriage (Mark 10:9) with the famous quote from Cyprian (200-258) about the absolute necessity of membership in the visible church for one’s salvation. In Calvin’s view, since the church is the bride of Christ and mother of believers, concrete membership within her is essential to the being, and not merely the well-being, of Christian life. An implication of the visible church’s maternal nature, Calvin argues, is that Christians must glean from her nurture their whole lives. “[It] is always disastrous to leave the church.” https://adfontesjournal.com/church-history/calvins-complex-ecumenism/

Still letting the Internet do your thinking for you, I see.

My supposed "excuses and lies" are on this site, not that one.

Still letting the Internet do your thinking for you, I see.

My supposed "excuses and lies" are on this site, not that one.
You obviously don’t know what a lie is. I quoted someone who did not do their homework. Even though Calvin held on to much of his Roman Catholic beliefs like infant baptism you place him on a pedestal he does not deserve.Your pope wasn’t what you think he was.

You obviously don’t know what a lie is. I quoted someone who did not do their homework. Even though Calvin held on to much of his Roman Catholic beliefs like infant baptism you place him on a pedestal he does not deserve.Your pope wasn’t what you think he was.
So is that an excuse or a lie? Because it's not one of mine.

Typical MO of the radical Looney Left! Even after their position has been demonstrably pulverized, they stubbornly stand atop the rubble and proclaim their fallacy as TRUTH!

You obviously don’t know what a lie is.

Just to keep our terminology straight, you said the following:

According to the institutes that he wrote he did. You might want to read them for yourself. Good little lemmings believe what they are told to believe wether true or not.

In doing so, you implied that:

• Calvin taught baptismal regeneration in the Institutes;
  • I had not read the Institutes;
  • You had read the Institutes and, supposedly unlike myself, knew what Calvin taught there.

As it turned out, you not only hadn't read the Institutes, but you actually boasted about it. You relied on an inaccurate, third-party tabloid Web site for your information.

So, again, when you said this,

According to the institutes that he wrote he did. You might want to read them for yourself. Good little lemmings believe what they are told to believe wether true or not.

that was a lie.

And when you said this,

I quoted someone who did not do their homework.

that was an excuse

I hope that clears things up for you.

Funny how you accused me of "excuses and lies," but so far the only excuses and lies anyone has demonstrated were your own. You also said to me,

You want to see a lying hypocrite then go look in a mirror.

I suggest you take your own advice.

Last edited:
Typical MO of the radical Looney Left! Even after their position has been demonstrably pulverized, they stubbornly stand atop the rubble and proclaim their fallacy as TRUTH!
Lol, Typical MO of Roman Catholic training is make scripture say what you want it to say then declare everyone else is wrong just like Calvinist do.