The good ole stories

Saved by Grace

Elect
Reaction score
Brothers and Sisters,

The old stories of JAV and staff are the stuff of legends and were posted on this forum a few years back. I can seem to find them does anyone have the link to access those?

Some of the were funny most were sad!

Remember dont fault Christ for the error of his messengers. We must hold our head up and serve a Worthy King  because we might be the only Christian someone sees today

As a matter of fact, Vernon McGee posted this today on another forum:

I found one of my old, "BUS MEMO'S"! April 21, 1984....
3,033 on the buses that day!
245 Saved!
35 Baptized!
If I remember correctly, there were a total of 5,612 in Sunday school that day!
I believe that we ran 60 buses that day as well.

Vince Massi said:

245 Saved!
35 Baptized!

And this morning  I drove by the ol compound and saw that whey were running a whole whooping ONE bus!!!

How the mighty have fallen.  Pr. 16:18

Vince Massi said:

245 Saved!
35 Baptized!

Numbers like this always make me a bit nervous... I hope that the 245 saved were truly saved and not just victims of wanting high numbers.  It's a fearsome thing to talk someone into saying a prayer and rushing to give them "assurance" when they have not truly been born again.

Walt said:
Vince Massi said:

245 Saved!
35 Baptized!

Numbers like this always make me a bit nervous... I hope that the 245 saved were truly saved and not just victims of wanting high numbers.  It's a fearsome thing to talk someone into saying a prayer and rushing to give them "assurance" when they have not truly been born again.

Absolutely agreed! I think this is why we have so many "saved" people in our world that never attend church or even care to try to attend or even live a somewhat Christian life. Cause they weren't really saved. You can't change the outside if the inside has never been changed and the only one that can change the inside is Jesus.

As close to reality as you can get with these:

http://www.fundamentalforums.org/oklahoma-baptist-college/dr-braveheart/

Theses are crazy ........and very sad too.

Was this the site that JAV and company whipped college students for visiting by accusing them of  not being loyal ?

Saved by Grace said:
Theses are crazy ........and very sad too.

Was this the site that JAV and company whipped college students for visiting by accusing them of  not being loyal ?

Oh yes it was, but an early version of the Fundamentalist Forums.  JAV whipped the college kids as well as the church members all the while directing his staff men to post on the site.  He would even dictate the posts he wanted them to put out there.  Such a pathological lying hypocrite JAV is and the fruit did not fall far from the tree in his family.

when I say whipped  Im not talking literally about being whipped its an emotional and psychological whipping they did to students when I was there.

I def see them in a different view now then when I was there, and sadly I've noticed even other IFB pastors that went there talk how they are so different from JAV then when something happens in their church they expect complete loyalty and without question, and will lie and manipulate facts to get people to do what they want. Just sad that they learned some of this while at OBC.

It did not start with JAV nor will it end anytime soon.  It is a control technique that has been around for ages and will continue, unfortunately.  It is classic in cults and cult like churches such as WHBC and other IFBxer churches.

Be so thankful you are out of there!!!!

My 7th/8th grade football team was on a wining streak with Paul V as coach.  We were small in stature, just barely enough guys to cover the 11 on the field, and we were all light weights (the cheer squad front 5 had a higher weight average than our offensive line)...
But we were fast cause we ran all the time.
Things were great until Pat went on his honeymoon and left us with Mad Murphy and his armchair quarterback budy.  That guy was horrible.  JV Sr actually came down from the stands to deal with his stupidity that was causing us to get penalty after penalty.

The best principal they ever had was Tony Keeton but I digress.

Blaser was leaving and Cronquest was coming in as I first showed up.  My problem was Vice Principle Bruce Ward and his paddle.  Every time I smacked down some rump grabbing deacons kid, I got swats.