The Hacker Dictionary Word of the Day!

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
On a recent thread someone asked what a certain word that Dr. Hyles used had meant.  I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we can have a Hacker Dictionary Word of the Day.  Each day I will post a word.  Hacker Nation, it will be your responsibility to post your definition.  I'm sure this thread will be very educational to non-Hackers.  :)

RAIDER said:
Mezzarack

The "hidden" balcony between the balcony and main floor which made a great place to crash during the service.

May I suggest, you have to have a great title thread name for it. You should call it "RAIDER's HACtionary"!

16KJV11 said:
Haaaaaymen

16KJV11, you need to read the OP.  I will post ONE WORD each day.  Follow the rules, you stinkin' Hacker!!!

RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:
Haaaaaymen

16KJV11, you need to read the OP.  I will post ONE WORD each day.  Follow the rules, you stinkin' Hacker!!!

I know, I know...I just wanted to see you rant!

RAIDER said:
Mezzarack

The hidden balcony between the balcony and main floor where you could not see the platform.  The service was watched on tvs.  College students had to take turns sitting in this area based on the first letter of your last name.  The temperature was 18.5 degrees above the auditorium temperature which made for easy "racking" (sleeping) during the service.  A staff member was responsible for keeping an eye on things.  Most of the time the staff member "racked" also. 

16KJV11 said:
I know, I know...I just wanted to see you rant!

You dirty rickanbackapackaloma!!

Smellin Coffee said:
May I suggest, you have to have a great title thread name for it. You should call it "RAIDER's HACtionary"!

I was going to use the word "Hactionary" but I thought it might be a bit confusing to the brethern. :)

RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:

I was going to use the word "Hactionary" but I thought it might be a bit confusing to the brethern. :)

Gotcha. However, I hope the "Hacker Dictionary" doesn't include quit and compromise. I ran out of white-out to wipe them off my screen should they be a couple of the defined words.

Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Gotcha. However, I hope the "Hacker Dictionary" doesn't include quit and compromise. I ran out of white-out to wipe them off my screen should they be a couple of the defined words.

Just be ready for your daily dose of Hackerism!!

At one word a day it will take years for me to earn an honorary doctorate from Raider-U.

In 5 yrs I will only know 1825 words from the Hacker lexicon.

I don't have that kinda time. I need more. 

sword said:
At one word a day it will take years for me to earn an honorary doctorate from Raider-U.

Maybe RAIDER can put them each on a 3 X 5 index card for the front shirt pocket and put them in the mail along with our Wisdom Manual entries.

sword said:

Hang on my friend.  We must allow time for the Hacker Nation to properly define each word.  The night shift needs a chance.  We are not out for a quick 1-2-3 memorize-after-me method.  We want each of these words to become a part of your everyday lingo.

RAIDER said:
sword said:

Hang on my friend.  We must allow time for the Hacker Nation to properly define each word.  The night shift needs a chance.  We are not out for a quick 1-2-3 memorize-after-me method.  We want each of these words to become a part of your everyday lingo.

Burn 'em!!!

Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:
sword said:

Burn 'em!!!

I tried to be gentle.  :)

Word of the Day - March 26, 2014

Haaaaymen