The Holy Spirit Came UPON People, too

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
When Saul heard their words, the Spirit of God came powerfully upon him [Saul] 1 Sa 11.6

So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the LORD came powerfully upon David 1 Samuel 16.13

Then the Spirit of the LORD came on Jahaziel son of Zechariah 2 Chronicles 20.14

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. Mt 3.16.

So... the questions are:
"Why did the Holy Spirit come upon them?"
"What is that significance?"
"Was this the moment of their indwelling?"
"If it was the moment of their indwelling, then wouldn't that be the same a the moment of their salvation?"

When Saul heard their words, the Spirit of God came powerfully upon him [Saul] 1 Sa 11.6

So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the LORD came powerfully upon David 1 Samuel 16.13

Then the Spirit of the LORD came on Jahaziel son of Zechariah 2 Chronicles 20.14

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. Mt 3.16.

So... the questions are:
"Why did the Holy Spirit come upon them?"
"What is that significance?"
"Was this the moment of their indwelling?"
"If it was the moment of their indwelling, then wouldn't that be the same a the moment of their salvation?"

Good questions. I think everyone knows my answers. I'd like to see some others deal honestly with them.