The Hyles' 50th Wedding Anniversary

One can learn a lot on that channel if one takes the time...

:D

Bravo said:
Care to enlighten us? :)

For instance, if you are so bored during an evening of insomnia as to watch the entire three hours of raw video from the trip of a lifetime in 89 or 90 you can see interesting stuff i.e. Bro. and Mrs. Hyles interacting with old church members from their Texas days, the absolute fawning man worship that Bro. Hyles cultivated, or perhaps the interactions of the group traveling from Hammond to Texas on the bus, how they stopped at a several churches of high reputation pastored by HAC grads with big reps, and how every single one of those graduates later made hash of his ministry. Stuff like that makes you sad, makes you realize that promoting pragmatism and man worship and numbers almost inevitably results in a bankrupt ministry and a shattered reputation. You sit in your chair, late at night and early in the morning, and wonder about what might have been for those men's ministries, where it all went wrong, and what the final story of your own ministry will be. Hypothetically speaking  :D  it could potentially be a sobering experience...

Wow.  That video took me back.  I stayed and watched a few others.  Didn't see myself in any, or prophet either.  Did see many familiar faces - some family.  Remember when........ 

Binaca Chugger said:
Wow.  That video took me back.  I stayed and watched a few others.  Didn't see myself in any, or prophet either.  Did see many familiar faces - some family.  Remember when........

I just did the same thing.

We were all so full of illusions that we thought were dreams.

What year was the 50th wedding anniversary video taken...I saw chief  8)

That was funny...I saw chief and I know he lost slot of weight ....in the video he was still heavy.my husband said it was in the 90

Baptist City Holdout said:
Sherryh said:
What year was the 50th wedding anniversary video taken...I saw chief  8)

You Can't Be a HACker if......... you ask what year was the 50th anniversary.

Sherryh, what do you have to say for yourself?  ;) ;D :)

I was at college 9 years that's counting my years of marriage... I worked so I missed a lot of church....I wasn't really involved ...thank you for making me laugh

Sherryh said:
I was at college 9 years that's counting my years of marriage... I worked so I missed a lot of church....I wasn't really involved ...thank you for making me laugh

...and you call yourself a HACker... :mad:

I did not watch Jack's video.......

My dad went to Heaven 2.5 years ago after a 59 year marriage. No video about their lives & marriage were produced.......but neither were scandals, rumors or self-promoted legends.

Dad was passionate about his wife and family, a hard-nosed career Marine, the one who gave me a love for fishin. Many a time when he was asked to pray later in life he would weep as he again would tell Jesus how he appreciate His love. He is buried in a country cemetery with a USMC headstone near where Mom lives. She still misses him & seems a little lost without him........but mention him & everyone in the family smiles. His church erected a tall flagpole & laid a marble stone with his name engraved thereon at it's base honoring his humble service & soul-winning.

Fish a wonderful tribute of your dad... priceless

Binaca I never worshipped pastors they are men...so no hacker award for me  8)

Sherryh said:
Binaca I never worshipped pastors they are men...so no hacker award for me  8)

C'mooon....  You know you still slip into those nylons at home when no one is watching, just to feel good about yourself and assure yourself that you really are right with God.    :eek:

I have witnesses ...no nylons for me...that made me laugh out loud.  I applied for some dress up jobs I hope they don't make me wear nylons...Lol
That was funny... 8)

fishinnut said:
I did not watch Jack's video.......

My dad went to Heaven 2.5 years ago after a 59 year marriage. No video about their lives & marriage were produced.......but neither were scandals, rumors or self-promoted legends.

Dad was passionate about his wife and family, a hard-nosed career Marine, the one who gave me a love for fishin. Many a time when he was asked to pray later in life he would weep as he again would tell Jesus how he appreciate His love. He is buried in a country cemetery with a USMC headstone near where Mom lives. She still misses him & seems a little lost without him........but mention him & everyone in the family smiles. His church erected a tall flagpole & laid a marble stone with his name engraved thereon at it's base honoring his humble service & soul-winning.
Excellent legacy.