The infatuation of Israel.

Smellin Coffee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
It seems many conservative Christians have always had an infatuation with supporting Israel. This infatuation has bled into Republican politics, you know the party of "family values".

Well, I guess a "Christian Arab" won Israel's first transgender beauty pageant.

Israel?s first transgender beauty pageant a rare show of tolerance among faiths

Israel?s first transgender beauty pageant, won by a Christian Arab on Friday (May 27), brought together contestants from the Holy Land?s main faiths in an unconventional show of tolerance and coexistence.

In what organizers described as an ethnic ?mosaic,? the 12 vying for the Miss Trans Israel 2016 crown included a Jewish confectioner from an Orthodox Jerusalem family, a Muslim belly-dancer from Tel Aviv and a Christian ballerina from Nazareth.

The Christian, Taleen Abu Hanna, won and will represent Israel at the Miss Trans Star International pageant in Barcelona in September ? a role she will evidently relish.

?Our country deserves to come out on top,? Abu Hanna, 21, told journalists. ?Our country allowed me, a Christian Arab from Nazareth, to end the war between my soul and my body. So if it made peace for me, our country is only a country of peace.?

Unlike elsewhere in the Middle East, Israel has mostly liberal laws on sexual identity, with openly gay and transgender troops in its conscript military.

Seems Christians who are loyal to the Republican party, like the likely nomination of Trump, have another challenge to face...

I don't believe that a Republican support (and Christians' support) of Israel is due to Israel's moral positions. In fact, it is an apostate nation.

Our support of Israel is one that is against the Palestinians who support the killing of gays and trannies (for starts).

Genesis 12:3 clearly prophesies a coming saviour.
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Through Abram & his seed we have the Bible, a Saviour, and a gospel, but some take that promise in a more literal sense. Many believe there is still a curse on any nation that would rise up against Israel & the Jewish people.

Smellin Coffee said:
It seems many conservative Christians have always had an infatuation with supporting Israel. This infatuation has bled into Republican politics, you know the party of "family values".

I'm not sure it's only conservative Christians who strongly support Israel.  After all, there is an obvious and powerful bond between Christianity in general and Judaism and the Jewish State.  It has its faults but still it's an amazing place, a vibrant and reasonably tolerant democracy, a beacon of light in a dark corner of the  globe.  As far as I'm concerned they can hold all the bizarre beauty pageants they want.  May we always be a friend to Israel.

$

Mr. Hall said:
Smellin Coffee said:

I'm not sure it's only conservative Christians who strongly support Israel.  After all, there is an obvious and powerful bond between Christianity in general and Judaism and the Jewish State.  It has its faults but still it's an amazing place, a vibrant and reasonably tolerant democracy, a beacon of light in a dark corner of the  globe.  As far as I'm concerned they can hold all the bizarre beauty pageants they want.  May we always be a friend to Israel.

$

Holy Smoke! We agree on something!

BALAAM said:
Holy Smoke! We agree on something!

Oh no.  Maybe I better rethink my position .....  Nope.  Can't change it.

Let's not make a habit of this though.

$

sword said:
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Through Abram & his seed we have the Bible, a Saviour, and a gospel, but some take that promise in a more literal sense. Many believe there is still a curse on any nation that would rise up against Israel & the Jewish people.

You are correct. Many do believe that. What they can't do is make the modern state of Israel equal to the biblical nation of Israel.

subllibrm said:
sword said:
You are correct. Many do believe that. What they can't do is make the modern state of Israel equal to the biblical nation of Israel.
OK  I'll bite.
WHY?
Was Israel only blessed & protected until the savior or saviour came?
Are they not still the Jews? What was the time limit placed on the promise?