The irony and sadness of having a Bible you don't use.

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
One of the greatest heralded events in modern history was the "common man" receiving the unbound Scriptures in their native language. This largely began with LXX and the collections that ultimately feed such works as we find in Codex Alexandrinus. Yet, it happened again on wider scale with the production of the Geneva Bible. The rest is "history"....

The irony and sadness that came out of that event...... is what God intended to free man from bondage to a few men ONLY having direct access to what God said.....has largely been WASTED.

Yes. WASTED.

In a time, when ALL men should be seeking God directly..... and I mean ALL MEN!.... They would rather seek what men have to say about what God said....

I don't need another man to tell me what God said. I can go directly to the Words of God. I can go directly to what the teachers and apostles that God gave...... taught. I can appeal over and over again to the source.... NOT what some man has to say about that source.

When your pastor tells you they want you to study God's Word.... they don't really mean it. They don't. I can prove it. When you find out what they say God said.... isn't really what God said....and you ask about it.... You're going to get in trouble. You're going to be branded a trouble maker. An outcast. A loaner. A freak. A court jester. The list goes on and on.

As I have opportunity, I tell people they don't have to believe what ANY man says about it. That includes me..... I beg you. Ask God. He will never lie to you. He will never lead you astray. He's never made a mistake.

Its so very sad that we have the Scriptures we have and so very few even try to know them. They're too lazy. They'd rather hire someone else to do it. Pay their "tithe" and ask another to explain what they believe when they can't explain it themselves......

So sad. Pitiful and reckless.

When your pastor tells you they want you to study God's Word.... they don't really mean it. They don't. I can prove it. When you find out what they say God said.... isn't really what God said....and you ask about it.... You're going to get in trouble. You're going to be branded a trouble maker. An outcast....

Your anecdotal evidence is just that, merely anecdotal "proof", and in no way does it prove what you set out to show is the norm. For instance, my HAC trained pastor regularly challenges the church to study the word, all-the-while exhorting us to reason with him from the Scriptures regarding any difference of opinion. I have done just that on more than one occasion and had none of the negative reactions you claim.

Where I do agree with your thread is that there are too many people attempting to live their Christian lives based solely on the pastor's interpretation rather than developing their own convictions from a personal walk/study, or worse yet, not caring what the Bible says at all regarding their belief/practice.

Your anecdotal evidence is just that, merely anecdotal "proof", and in no way does it prove what you set out to show is the norm. For instance, my HAC trained pastor regularly challenges the church to study the word, all-the-while exhorting us to reason with him from the Scriptures regarding any difference of opinion. I have done just that on more than one occasion and had none of the negative reactions you claim.

HI Alayman. Long time.....

Why would they're be any negative reaction when you largely agree with what was talked about. Your experience doesn't negate the very real experience of challenging a long held man made tradition in your IFB culture. You haven't ever done that. You have always been a YES MAN!... an enabler.

Where I do agree with your thread is that there are too many people attempting to live their Christian lives based solely on the pastor's interpretation rather than developing their own convictions from a personal walk/study, or worse yet, not caring what the Bible says at all regarding their belief/practice.

Brother, I've never seen anything in you that would indicate you're not in "lock step" with "tradition". While you're largely more agreeable than than they are, you're still right there with them.

HI Alayman. Long time.....

Why would they're be any negative reaction when you largely agree with what was talked about. Your experience doesn't negate the very real experience of challenging a long held man made tradition in your IFB culture. You haven't ever done that. You have always been a YES MAN!... an enabler.

Brother, I've never seen anything in you that would indicate you're not in "lock step" with "tradition". While you're largely more agreeable than than they are, you're still right there with them.

You regularly over-generalize and stereotype, as you're doing now. You claimed your proof was the fact that when you disagree with the pastor that you would be to "get in trouble" and a host of other negatives. I showed your claim was anecdotal, and different than mine.

What specific areas am I a "yes man"?

You regularly over-generalize and stereotype, as you're doing now. You claimed your proof was the fact that when you disagree with the pastor that you would be to "get in trouble" and a host of other negatives. I showed your claim was anecdotal, and different than mine.

What specific areas am I a "yes man"?

Every area. Which is why you've never experienced what I've and many others... have experienced.

Did Jesus get in trouble with the Pharisees? Yea, all those that live Godly in Christ Jesus......shall what?

You haven't experienced any persecution. You've admit you haven't.

I can't name one you haven't. Hence,,,,,, Every.

Name one you haven't.

You made the claim. I'm simply asking for you to substantiate it with actual proof, not shucking and jiving.

You made the claim. I'm simply asking for you to substantiate it with actual proof, not shucking and jiving.

No shucking and jiving going on. Tell us all one time that you've rejected a traditional value associated with IFB..... publicly to the rejection of your fellow IFB.

Which destroys your retort. You haven't stood against anything.

No shucking and jiving going on. Tell us all one time that you've rejected a traditional value associated with IFB..... publicly to the rejection of your fellow IFB.

Which destroys your retort. You haven't stood against anything.

I will take that as your admission that you can't back your claims up with any specificity. Your credibility suffers when you behave in such manner for all to see/read.

I will take that as your admission that you can't back your claims up with any specificity. Your credibility suffers when you behave in such manner for all to see/read.

Okay. I said you've never rejected any traditional IFB doctrine that put you at odds.... in any meaningful way.... with your caring "life coach". I stick by that. I ask you to name one time that you have and you can't.

Thus, you're a YES MAN. An enabler. You've never "bucked" tradition.

You're claims of challenging your pastor are bogus and you know it.

Okay. I said you've never rejected any traditional IFB doctrine that put you at odds.... in any meaningful way.... with your caring "life coach". I stick by that. I ask you to name one time that you have and you can't.

Thus, you're a YES MAN. An enabler. You've never "bucked" tradition.

You're claims of challenging your pastor are bogus and you know it.
Pants on wimmin. Challenged. Agreed to disagree. You're wrong again. Next.

By the way, how are you doing with your diagnosis? I pray things are well with you!

Thanks. Doing well and recovered, just have to do regular annual follow up with the guys in white coats.