The Jesuit's Recommended Bible Versions!

Biblebeliever said:
How can anyone recommend the NIV, NRSV, or any other VATICAN VERSION?

As soon as this jackass made a sodomy joke, 20 seconds in, I knew we weren't dealing with any sort of serious Christian interested in God's truth, but yet another ignorant purveyor of sensationalist idiocy.

Why do you commend these ignorant fools to us, Bibleburner? As Obi-Wan Kenobi once asked, who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Of course, everyone already knows that the NRSV is an ecumenical translation that involved both Catholic and Protestant translators, and that very few evangelicals or fundamentalists really pay it much attention to begin with.

But neither you, nor YouTube Fool here, tell us that they recommend only the NIV Psalter. I wonder why they don't recommend the whole NIV Bible? Oh yeah, because the NIV translators never produced an Apocrypha to include in a Catholic edition. So it couldn't receive the imprimatur.

Too bad you KJV liars don't tell us the whole story. Half a truth is still a lie.

Are you unaware of the fact that the makers of the KJV borrowed a good number of renderings approved by a Jesuit Gregory Martin in his 1582 Roman Catholic Rheims New Testament?

The makers of the KJV consulted or made use of a Greek text edited by a Roman Catholic [Erasmus] and dedicated to a pope and praised or recommended by that pope.

The later revisor or revisors of the Roman Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible in the 1700's borrowed many renderings from the KJV and making it more like the KJV, showing Roman Catholic approval of those KJV renderings.

logos1560 said:
Are you unaware of the fact that the makers of the KJV borrowed a good number of renderings approved by a Jesuit Gregory Martin in his 1582 Roman Catholic Rheims New Testament?

The makers of the KJV consulted or made use of a Greek text edited by a Roman Catholic [Erasmus] and dedicated to a pope and praised or recommended by that pope.

The later revisor or revisors of the Roman Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible in the 1700's borrowed many renderings from the KJV and making it more like the KJV, showing Roman Catholic approval of those KJV renderings.
I bet they didnt include all of these verses:

Ezk 8:13-14
13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord 's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

Jer 7:18
18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

Jer 44:25-26
25 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her:ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.
26 Therefore hear ye the word of the Lord, all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt; Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the Lord, that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord God liveth.

1Ti 4:1-3
Chapter 4
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Anishinaabe

I put this in another thread for the benifit of BB in particular but he has never taken me up on it.

I guess the reading is a little difficult for him.

KJV1611 is more Catholic and Ecumenical than most modern versions. It was responsible for bringing English

religion under one common Bible.

Here is a link to an interesting read by Doug Kutilek.

http://www.kjvonly.org/doug/kutilek_kjv_a_catholic_bible_pr.htm

Well if you want more. Danger, danger to KJVO dogma.

Do not read further.  Stop.  Do not read further.

And if you are a KJVO and you think that the KJV1611 did not have thousands of readings taken directly

form the Rheims NT you will not want to read the book by James G. Carleton, called "The part of Rheims in

the making of the English Bible"

This book carefully read will drive a stake through the heart of the KJVO argument.

https://archive.org/details/cu31924029309634

You were warned, do not read the above book, but if you do here is some more original sources you

will need to prove the veracity of what is written therein, that the KJV1611 exhibits Catholic readings from the

Rheims NT.

This is the diglott by Fulke that contains the Bishops and the Rheims in one book.

This is quit easy to read, some are not.

https://archive.org/details/FulkeNewTestamentConfutation1589

This is the Hexapla that is also required to understand the book.

You can not use modern versions of the Rheims such as the Douay-Rheims Challoner edition.

https://archive.org/details/englishhexaplaex00schouoft

If the KJV translators had secretly desired to push RCC dogma, through their work...then they are responsible for one of the most epic fails of all time.

Even their epistle dedicatory, to the King, warned of Papists, and the persecution from them that would ensue.

Anishinaabe

prophet said:
logos1560 said:

13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord 's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

25 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her:ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.
26 Therefore hear ye the word of the Lord, all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt; Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the Lord, that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord God liveth.

Chapter 4
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Anishinaabe

Ok Prophet I'll bite on this one. Ez 8:13 & 14.

What is your point?

Does it have something to do with the god of fertility, Tammuz?

Are you equating Tammuz with the Catholic Church?

Please explain.

I love to compare the Catholic and Anglican renderings of the various editions.

Did you check out the book I mentioned listing the Catholic readings in the Anglican Bible?

prophet said:
If the KJVNIV translators had secretly desired to push RCC dogma, through their work...then they are responsible for one of the most epic fails of all time.

Fixed it. HTH.

bgwilkinson said:
prophet said:
logos1560 said:

Chapter 4

Anishinaabe

Ok Prophet I'll bite on this one. Ez 8:13 & 14.

What is your point?

Does it have something to do with the god of fertility, Tammuz?

Are you equating Tammuz with the Catholic Church?

Please explain.

I love to compare the Catholic and Anglican renderings of the various editions.

Did you check out the book I mentioned listing the Catholic readings in the Anglican Bible?
One would think that the RCC wouldve eliminated any reference to the Origin of the worship of "The Queen of Heaven", had they intended to normalize their dogma through the KJV Translation.

And, no,_I havent read the book.

I was already aware of where the Douy Rheims aligned itself with the AV.
What I dont find, in the KJV, is any support for Catholic doctrine, which would be really strange, if there were any attempt to do so, within the translation.

Anishinaabe

William Carey Taylor, a Bapist, wrote a book that was entitled The New Bible: Pro and Con and was printed in 1955.  It was written about the RSV. This book had more chapters critical of the RSV than favorable.

One "pro" chapter [chapter 2] was entitled "Its elimination of the King James Catholicism" (p. 5).

William Carey Taylor, a Baptist, wrote: "Many Romish inventions are written into the text itself of the King James version" (p. 6).

Taylor mentioned the rendering "Easter" at Acts 12:4 as one example.

Another example mentioned was the use of "church" at Acts 7:38. Taylor asserted: "There never was any Old Testament 'Church in the wilderness'" (p. 6).

After many chapters critical of the RSV, William Carey Taylor asserted in his conclusion: "I love the removal of the Romanism that clutters up the King James, a medieval hangover" (p. 391).

logos1560 said:
William Carey Taylor, a Bapist, wrote a book that was entitled The New Bible: Pro and Con and was printed in 1955.  It was written about the RSV. This book had more chapters critical of the RSV than favorable.

One "pro" chapter [chapter 2] was entitled "Its elimination of the King James Catholicism" (p. 5).

William Carey Taylor, a Baptist, wrote: "Many Romish inventions are written into the text itself of the King James version" (p. 6).

Taylor mentioned the rendering "Easter" at Acts 12:4 as one example.

Another example mentioned was the use of "church" at Acts 7:38. Taylor asserted: "There never was any Old Testament 'Church in the wilderness'" (p. 6).

After many chapters critical of the RSV, William Carey Taylor asserted in his conclusion: "I love the removal of the Romanism that clutters up the King James, a medieval hangover" (p. 391).
One man's opinion.

The word church, referring to the assembly called out of Egypt, is hardly an endorsement of Communion of the Saints, or Maryolatry.

Easter has been debated. 

In Tyndale's day, it was considered a translation of 'pascall', later "Passover".

Mar 14:12
12 And the fyrste daye of swete breed when men offer ye pascall lambe his disciples sayd vnto him:where wilt thou that we goo and prepare that thou mayst eate the ester lambe?
(TyndaleBible)

So that is a moot point, as it is subject of controversy undecided.

More important is this, I'd think:

Luk 11:27-28
27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Anishinaabe

Biblebeliever said:
The Jesuit's Recommended Bible Versions!

Published on Apr 8, 2014
How can anyone recommend the NIV, NRSV, or any other VATICAN VERSION?

Do you use the same criteria when it comes to the Mormon recommended version, KJV?  Of course you don't because it doesn't fit your agenda... Hypocrite!