The new Champion Baptist college.

D

DeadEYE

As an alumnist I am shocked at how different the College and the church are now. What do you think?

DeadEYE said:
As an alumnist I am shocked at how different the College and the church are now. What do you think?
What is so different? Did someone move your cheese?

Do you believe the changes are for the betterment of the college?

The changes thus far have been huge but very quietly done. They are no longer KJVO and most staff hires are ESV users in teaching. There has been a HUGE move toward reformed theology. Pastor Capaci took the leadership team to the Village Church in Dallas for 2 or 3 days this summer for organizational training. It's been a quiet transition. Those against the direction have been leaving at a slow pace and students against the KJV/Reformed direction are leaving, telling their pastors, and then the churches are pulling support. Since it's been a slow crawl over the last 2-3 years it's not majorly affected the school. Attendance was down from the average last semester but seems to be up now. Of course they aren't a "fundy" school anymore. Their worship is much more praise focused. Personally, it's a great direction for them to go in. They aren't focused on man made standards and the preaching is Biblical. A look at the handbook for the college is excellent proof of that. Great direction for the school and church.

My time frame was off. They went to The Village earlier this year in the spring not long before the end of the spring semester. Some staff were in Seattle at Mars Hill last year as well. I believe the primary purpose was to check out their worship methods. Interesting to note after viewing Bro. Capaci's twitter feed are the "fundies" he's still associated with. It's been a personal transition dating back several years and in the school it's been moving since around 2011. There are no longer pictures with him and the extreme sides of the spectrum or any post concerning the high legalist or separatist in the "movement". He's obviously deliberate in his post.  Yet there's a fairly recent pic of himself and Kenny Baldwin. My understanding is he's working to bring the younger generation of fundamentalist away from the wrong teachings and graceless approach of the past. He're hoping that's true.

LivingTemple said:
The changes thus far have been huge but very quietly done. They are no longer KJVO and most staff hires are ESV users.

Do you have any proof of this?  Has Capaci also changed his view?

Eric is still KJV.  I know a few staff HAVE an ESV, but not all

SwampHag said:
Eric is still KJV.  I know a few staff HAVE an ESV, but not all
If one teacher is allowed to use the ESV, then Eric is not KJV, he's just using his favorite or the one he is accustomed to an versed in for stage presence's sake.

KJV is a stance, and no one on this forum is ignorant of that.

You can help him half-step, apologizing all the way, but it won't change reality.
Eric sticks his finger in the wind, to determine which way to go next, and as such, cannot be trusted.

Pro 24:21
21 My son, fear thou the Lord and the king:
and meddle not with them that are given to change:

...or we could rejoice that he preaches Christ and reaches the lost.

That is *my* choice.

SwampHag said:

That is *my* choice.

So as long as someone preaches Christ and reaches the lost it doesn't matter what their doctrine is on important topics?????

/
RAIDER said:
SwampHag said:

That is *my* choice.

So as long as someone preaches Christ and reaches the lost it doesn't matter what their doctrine is on important topics?????

Since KJVO is not taught in scripture and is totally man made how can it be considered a doctrine or important topic?

RAIDER said:
SwampHag said:

That is *my* choice.

I don't think what version of the Bible his staff uses is an important topic

SwampHag said:
RAIDER said:
SwampHag said:

That is *my* choice.

It matters, if he ever pretended to be kjvo, that now other is allowed.

RAIDER said:
SwampHag said:

That is *my* choice.

That's what Billy Graham says!

16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
SwampHag said:

That is *my* choice.

And your point is....  There maybe more people in IFB churches reached by Billy Graham ministries than any other single person.  I remember when I was at HAC Jim Vineyard, Johnny Pope and Ray Young all were saved after watching Billy Graham.

prophet said:
SwampHag said:
RAIDER said:
SwampHag said:

That is *my* choice.

It matters, if he ever pretended to be kjvo, that now other is allowed.

As people study the facts of history, many change their minds when the truth is considered without the vitriol and lies of the KJVO.

16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
SwampHag said:

That is *my* choice.

Since Billy Graham led my daddy to Christ, I respect him more than *any* IFB leader today.

What if jim jones led your dad to Christ? Or jack schaap?  :eek:

What if?  He's still be saved.  Sheesh.

ExFundy said:
What if jim jones led your dad to Christ? Or jack schaap?  :eek:

How could anyone not rejoice in God's salvation graciously provided to any of us? We are all simply unworthy selfish creations.