The SBC and the LGBT Revoice Conference

HereIStand

Elect
Reaction score
Last week, I noticed this article about the Revoice Conference,

http://pulpitandpen.org/2018/07/28/revoice-gay-affirming-karen-swallow-prior-is-still-gay-affirming/

This is a key paragraph,

The stated goals of the conference include, ?Supporting, encouraging, and empowering gay, lesbian, same-sex-attracted, and other LGBT Christians so they can flourish while observing the historic, Christian doctrine of marriage and sexuality.? The conference?s main theme seems to be that so long as homosexuals don?t commit physical acts of sodomy, they are free to keep their LGBT identity and are not pressed to repent of Same-Sex Attraction.

You can't repent of Same Sex Attraction.  You repent of your actions, not your sinful desires.

cpizzle said:
You can't repent of Same Sex Attraction.  You repent of your actions, not your sinful desires.

True. You can't repent of liking chocolate either.  :D

cpizzle said:
The problematic part of the Revoice conference is its advocating of an LGBT identity for Christians. Our identity is found in Christ. LGBT desires (or any other desires) can be encouraged by viewing them as inventible and uncontrollable.

Further adding to the confusion is Dr. Nate Collins (mentioned in the video Ransom posted) who is married (to a woman) and has children, yet identifies as part of the repressed LBGT community. He equates himself in a mournful way with the bearded lady and other circus performers in the movie, The Greatest Showman. What tragicomedy.

HereIStand said:
cpizzle said:
The problematic part of the Revoice conference is its advocating of an LGBT identity for Christians. Our identity is found in Christ. LGBT desires (or any other desires) can be encouraged by viewing them as inventible and uncontrollable.

Further adding to the confusion is Dr. Nate Collins (mentioned in the video Ransom posted) who is married (to a woman) and has children, yet identifies as part of the repressed LBGT community. He equates himself in a mournful way with the bearded lady and other circus performers in the movie, The Greatest Showman. What tragicomedy.

I certainly agree that we should not identify with our temptations (attractions.)  You don't want to know what kind of perverted stuff my sinful heart desires.  I don't think I want to be part of a group that identifies with me.....in fact....I don't want anyone to know about it!