Those who attended HAC, with what you know of the school

4everfsu

Elect
Reaction score
How many of you would attend it if you had to do it all over again?

If we are going back in time to that same point - Of course I would!  I had all the inside scoop before going, and still chose to go.  My life was changed during my time at Hyles-Anderson.  I completely surrendered my will to God.  I learned what it meant to be a soul winner and see lives changed for Christ.  A burden for helping others find peace in Christ developed within me during those four years that has guided me ever since.  I met my wife who is the greatest friend (aside from God) in my life.  Why would I want none of these things to happen?

Of course there were HACkers there.  But there are goofballs everywhere.  Yes there was some scandal there - some true and some not.  But I learned and grew from it.

If God really is Sovereign, and He knows what is best for you.......  Why are you questioning what God brought you to and through?  Do you claim to know what is better for your life than God does?  Is this not the idolatry of pride?  This questioning is not meant as an arrogant rant, but rather an encouragement to recognize God's Sovereignty in your life.

That's a good question. My first reaction is No way, but back then God clearly showed me it was His will. I was not raised IFB but an 'on fire for the Lord' preacher and his wife from HAC started a church in our town that made a big difference in the lives of my family. When it came time to decide on college I prayed for God to show me if I should go to HAC. Three things had to happen before I could even consider it. First my mom had to accept the idea. She was set against it at the time. Second I needed money and third I needed to be accepted. The day after I prayed for these three things my mom asked me what all we needed to get me ready to move to Indiana, in the mail I received a check for 999 dollars from the IRS (an error had been made on my taxes. A friend's dad had done them for me the previous year) and the school called to say I was accepted (I had no idea at the time how easy it was to get in).

I was on fire when I left but drained and disillusioned by the time I graduated.

My youth director Dusty Cooper encouraged me to go to college.........I was working 2 jobs and knew that I wanted to do something for the Lord. I applied and was accepted I was never a top student so I was in shock!!My uncle Dave Ennis took me to school and dropped me off on Miss Campbell's floor. Debbie Veatch was my college roommate and she was precious!! I would meet my husband in a few years and if I had not gone to hac I would have missed my very best friend!!

you know that statement I made was so true....I don't believe in luck but God had my husband for me....marriage is work!! I didn't go looking for Mr Right he came to me................I was so shy and quite.....and was 100 lbs wet.......LOL!

Caligirl said:
I was on fire when I left but drained and disillusioned by the time I graduated.

That was so true for me also. However, I have to agree with you and Binaca, I know it was God's will for me at the time to attend HAC also. So yes, I would do it over again.
Up until 6, 7 years ago, there were times when I asked the Lord, why did you send me there? Then one day, the Lord seemed to tell me so that I know what "not" to do.
I think HAC meant well, they started out in the Spirit but somewhere along the line it ended up in the flesh. They want to win a lot of people for the Lord, but somewhere along the line, it no longer is God that gives the increase but a lot of gimmicks and all about what they did.

nthanh61 said:
Caligirl said:

That was so true for me also. However, I have to agree with you and Binaca, I know it was God's will for me at the time to attend HAC also. So yes, I would do it over again.
Up until 6, 7 years ago, there were times when I asked the Lord, why did you send me there? Then one day, the Lord seemed to tell me so that I know what "not" to do.
I think HAC meant well, they started out in the Spirit but somewhere along the line it ended up in the flesh. They want to win a lot of people for the Lord, but somewhere along the line, it no longer is God that gives the increase but a lot of gimmicks and all about what they did.
Amen, amen, and amen.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Binaca Chugger said:
If we are going back in time to that same point - Of course I would!  I had all the inside scoop before going, and still chose to go.  My life was changed during my time at Hyles-Anderson.  I completely surrendered my will to God.  I learned what it meant to be a soul winner and see lives changed for Christ.  A burden for helping others find peace in Christ developed within me during those four years that has guided me ever since.  Why would I want none of these things to happen?

Of course there were HACkers there.  But there are goofballs everywhere.  Yes there was some scandal there - some true and some not.  But I learned and grew from it.

If God really is Sovereign, and He knows what is best for you.......  Why are you questioning what God brought you to and through?  Do you claim to know what is better for your life than God does?  Is this not the idolatry of pride?  This questioning is not meant as an arrogant rant, but rather an encouragement to recognize God's Sovereignty in your life.

What he said!!

Binaca Chugger said:
If we are going back in time to that same point - Of course I would!  I had all the inside scoop before going, and still chose to go.  My life was changed during my time at Hyles-Anderson.  I completely surrendered my will to God.  I learned what it meant to be a soul winner and see lives changed for Christ.  A burden for helping others find peace in Christ developed within me during those four years that has guided me ever since.  I met my wife who is the greatest friend (aside from God) in my life.  Why would I want none of these things to happen?

I would agree with Chugger's sentiment. I loved the years I spent at HAC. I don't agree with a lot that is done there, especially under Schaap, but didn't agree with everything as a student either. With that being said, I look back with much fondness on that time in my life and the enduring friendships that were made.

I met my first wife at HAC.  Of course I would do it all over again.
God told me to go, to the last place on Earth that I ever wanted to see again...fbch.  So I went. 

Anishinabe

aleshanee said:
A More Sure Word said:
I would agree with Chugger's sentiment. I loved the years I spent at HAC. I don't agree with a lot that is done there, especially under Schaap, but didn't agree with everything as a student either. With that being said, I look back with much fondness on that time in my life and the enduring friendships that were made.

even my dad says that.... and he was only there a short while in the 1970s.. .. ...  but when someone on the fff made the off hand suggestion several years ago that i might even benefit from by being sent to hyles anderson...  he was the first person to step into the conversation and say "absolutely not!" ... ..

Oh yeah, I could just see that!  You would be bringing in wild boar's meat to the cafeteria and trying to spearfish in Lake Michigan! (And maybe having some of the classics you like to read absconded).  :)

aleshanee said:
Just John said:
aleshanee said:
A More Sure Word said:

even my dad says that.... and he was only there a short while in the 1970s.. .. ...  but when someone on the fff made the off hand suggestion several years ago that i might even benefit from by being sent to hyles anderson...  he was the first person to step into the conversation and say "absolutely not!" ... ..

Oh yeah, I could just see that!  You would be bringing in wild boar's meat to the cafeteria and trying to spearfish in Lake Michigan! (And maybe having some of the classics you like to read absconded).  :)

from what i;ve heard most of my clothes would prbably be absconded too....  dad says he doesn;t know who would be in for the worse time... me or the staff who had to deal with me....  :-\  ...  but even if i could survive for a while at the college i would never make it even a week into the winter...  :eek:... i can;t handle the cold..... i have never been to chicago but i couldn;t handle seattle and i have heard chicago is even colder...  :eek:

Just carry your crossbow on campus and they'd all crap their fundy undies.

aleshanee said:
Just John said:
aleshanee said:
A More Sure Word said:

from what i;ve heard most of my clothes would prbably be absconded too....  dad says he doesn;t know who would be in for the worse time... me or the staff who had to deal with me....  :-  ...  but even if i could survive for a while at the college i would never make it even a week into the winter...  :eek:... i can;t handle the cold..... i have never been to chicago but i couldn;t handle seattle and i have heard chicago is even colder...  :eek:
Seattle isnt cold, at least it didnt seem cold the winter of 92-93, to this Chicago-raised Native.

Anishinabe

aleshanee said:
prophet said:
aleshanee said:
Just John said:
aleshanee said:
A More Sure Word said:

from what i;ve heard most of my clothes would prbably be absconded too....  dad says he doesn;t know who would be in for the worse time... me or the staff who had to deal with me....  :-  ...  but even if i could survive for a while at the college i would never make it even a week into the winter...  :eek:... i can;t handle the cold..... i have never been to chicago but i couldn;t handle seattle and i have heard chicago is even colder...  :eek:
Seattle isnt cold, at least it didnt seem cold the winter of 92-93, to this Chicago-raised Native.

Anishinabe

we flew into seattle to go elk hunting last year in washington....  and the instant i stepped out the doors of the airport the cold grabbed me like it had steel claws... :eek: .  ... my brother picked us up and i sat in the truck between him and my dad with the heater blowing directly on me and still couldn;t get warm.. .. . he drove straight to cabelas from the airport.... (which we had planned to do anyway)..  . walking around there for a couple of hours i finally got warm again... .. and while shopping i bought one of the biggest most wooly bear parkas they had...  . plus snow boots, insulated pants, wool socks, wooly mittens and finger gloves to go under them..plus other thermal stuff... ..  .. they probably thought i packing for the north pole.... but before we left cabelas i was wearing half of the things i bought from them... .  and then after wearing all that for a few days i finally started to get a little bit used to the cold.... .as long as i kept all that on any time i was outside.. .. .

then a couple days before we left we ended up back in seattle  and it didn;t seem all that cold anymore.. .. but there were tons of homeless people all over the waterfront and they looked cold.. . . . . so i told my dad i would probably give that big coat, and maybe even the boots, away to a homeless person that it would fit when we left... coz i couldn;t see myself ever needing it here in hawaii... . .  then on the last day we were there it got even colder than the day we arrived.... and i was shivering so bad i ended up wearing that parka, and boots, to the airport and onto the airplane... ....  i think we were halfway across the pacific before i took it off....  . .... getting off the plane in hawaii felt so good i can;t even describe it... ...    . i give you guys credit that can handle that cold weather.. .  i;m just not made for it... .  i;m a child of the tropics....  8)

Oh aL.  I am watching Hawaii Life on hGTV. Mostly about Kauaii but people moving from the mainland to the islands. Maybe someday..................

I always think of deep six and aleshanee when I see that program................. :)

aleshanee said:
Torrent v.2 said:
aleshanee said:
Just John said:
aleshanee said:
A More Sure Word said:

you must mean my longbow...  coz i don;t own a crossbow...  ??? .. .  but that;s ok... ...
  i could probably scare them with a pig spear and bad hair day too.....  :-

primitivealesh.jpg
Amen, Sister!  No stinking crossbows!  And no cheesy compounds, either!  Real bows.  8)

Anishinabe

aleshanee said:
prophet said:
aleshanee said:
Torrent v.2 said:
aleshanee said:
Just John said:
aleshanee said:
A More Sure Word said:

you must mean my longbow...  coz i don;t own a crossbow...  ??? .. .  but that;s ok... ...
  i could probably scare them with a pig spear and bad hair day too.....  :-

primitivealesh.jpg
Amen, Sister!  No stinking crossbows!  And no cheesy compounds, either!  Real bows.  8)

Anishinabe

yep... ;)... and traditonal hand made arrows too... . no carbon, no aluminum... and no plastic vanes... .:)

although i do use plastic nocks on hunting arrows....  :- .. but all my native american arrows are hand cut self nocked... :)
And Schaap polished? ...sorry, couldn't resist.  ::)

Anishinabe

aleshanee said:
prophet said:
aleshanee said:
yep... ;)... and traditonal hand made arrows too... . no carbon, no aluminum... and no plastic vanes... .:)

although i do use plastic nocks on hunting arrows....  :- .. but all my native american arrows are hand cut self nocked... :)
And Schaap polished? ...sorry, couldn't resist.  ::)

Anishinabe

??? ......  ??? .... no.... ..  but birchwood casey gun stock wax works really well....  :-. ...  that;s what i seal with them with after a few coats of tru oil....
then i fletch them wild turkey feathers, wrapped with natural sinew and attach either flint or obsidian hand knapped broadhead tied on with gut hafting... ..

:-

i don;t get the thing about the schaap polish.....  ??? ... .. .. and i;m almost afraid to ask... . . . is it one of those things you shouldn;t ask about, unless you already know..  coz if you already knew you would never ask about it?... ...  ???
Schaap had a famous sermon about how arrows were handmade, in which he polished an arrow shaft while he spoke.  The last time he preached it, he got a little carried away, and the video has gone viral.  He was kinda going over a cliff at the time, so it is pretty whacky....yeah you wouldn't ask, if you knew.

Anishinabe