Tim Trieber and Hillview Baptist Church - 4th Anniversary

IFB X-Files

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I was invited to attend the services today as this is the 4th anniversary of this new church. This was my first time attending and as I appreciate his father, I looked forward to going there today.

I was able to speak to Tim for just a few moments before the service and found him to be a friendly guy, much like his dad. Of course, he looks like his dad and even sounds like him and has similar mannerisms.

They asked if they could use my spaceship for their big day and I gladly obliged. I've posted a photo and did allow them to make some needed changes.

Here are my thoughts on today's visit:

PRO's:
1. Good location - they recently moved to this location and have not finished the auditorium. The building is in a good spot with plenty of parking. The area is in need of a church like this, as is most of the world.

2, Good crowd - By my estimate, they easily had over 150 people there. What was more impressive is the balance in the demographics. There were lots of kids and young couples, with a nice blend of middle-aged and senior folks. This is exactly what a church needs to continue growing.

3. Good standards - All the women who served on the platform/music wore either a skirt or dress. The majority of the women in the congregation wore the same, with a smattering of slacks. There were even a few men/women who wore shorts. Everyone was made to feel welcome.

4. Good message - the message was a continuation of his series in Nehemiah. As far as I could tell, the King James Bible was used.

CON's:
1. Horrible music - no CCM, or at least it wasn't with a CCM "beat". I was not familiar with the lyrics at all. They use a man who, I guess, is the song leader but he doesn't lead the singing. They bring a group on the platform to play and sing with the congregation. No drums. No bass guitar, but there were at least 2 guitars, an electric piano, and a violin. Lyrics were on the screens. IMO, this was the weakest part of the entire service. I think Tim needs to support his dad's printing ministry and buy some songbooks and get a real song leader.

2. OK, Briders, this one's for you. Open communion - the only requirement was to be saved. My long-standing position is to only partake when I am in my own local assembly on my home planet. For you COVID nuts, the elements were sealed together in one container "for your safety".

3. Clapping after a special. It gives my spines chills but what can you do?

4. Horrible sound system. They have very nice QSC speakers and all the trimmings, but they've got it EQ'd so poorly there is no "presence", no "pop". I've heard boom boxes with better sound. It was horrible, but maybe there is a reason.

You can go to their Facebook page and watch the stream of today's service. I did tell Tim I was disappointed that there were not 4 pianos on the platform all playing together. He said to come back in 20 years. I believe that if the Lord tarries, and Tim sticks it out, he'll do that in 20 years.

And for all you Judas' out there, money was not mentioned until the very end, with him telling of the 3 ways they can give. Nicely done.

All in all, I hope this church sticks it out and grows. They have soul-winning/visitation 2 times a week. I would highly recommend a visit.

IMG_0894.JPEGIMG_0894.JPEGIMG_0885.JPEGIMG_0886.JPEGIMG_0887.JPEGIMG_0889.JPEGIMG_0891.JPEGIMG_0893.JPEG

I was invited to attend the services today as this is the 4th anniversary of this new church. This was my first time attending and as I appreciate his father, I looked forward to going there today.

I was able to speak to Tim for just a few moments before the service and found him to be a friendly guy, much like his dad. Of course, he looks like his dad and even sounds like him and has similar mannerisms.

They asked if they could use my spaceship for their big day and I gladly obliged. I've posted a photo and did allow them to make some needed changes.

Here are my thoughts on today's visit:

PRO's:
1. Good location - they recently moved to this location and have not finished the auditorium. The building is in a good spot with plenty of parking. The area is in need of a church like this, as is most of the world.

2, Good crowd - By my estimate, they easily had over 150 people there. What was more impressive is the balance in the demographics. There were lots of kids and young couples, with a nice blend of middle-aged and senior folks. This is exactly what a church needs to continue growing.

3. Good standards - All the women who served on the platform/music wore either a skirt or dress. The majority of the women in the congregation wore the same, with a smattering of slacks. There were even a few men/women who wore shorts. Everyone was made to feel welcome.

4. Good message - the message was a continuation of his series in Nehemiah. As far as I could tell, the King James Bible was used.

CON's:
1. Horrible music - no CCM, or at least it wasn't with a CCM "beat". I was not familiar with the lyrics at all. They use a man who, I guess, is the song leader but he doesn't lead the singing. They bring a group on the platform to play and sing with the congregation. No drums. No bass guitar, but there were at least 2 guitars, an electric piano, and a violin. Lyrics were on the screens. IMO, this was the weakest part of the entire service. I think Tim needs to support his dad's printing ministry and buy some songbooks and get a real song leader.

2. OK, Briders, this one's for you. Open communion - the only requirement was to be saved. My long-standing position is to only partake when I am in my own local assembly on my home planet. For you COVID nuts, the elements were sealed together in one container "for your safety".

3. Clapping after a special. It gives my spines chills but what can you do?

4. Horrible sound system. They have very nice QSC speakers and all the trimmings, but they've got it EQ'd so poorly there is no "presence", no "pop". I've heard boom boxes with better sound. It was horrible, but maybe there is a reason.

You can go to their Facebook page and watch the stream of today's service. I did tell Tim I was disappointed that there were not 4 pianos on the platform all playing together. He said to come back in 20 years. I believe that if the Lord tarries, and Tim sticks it out, he'll do that in 20 years.

And for all you Judas' out there, money was not mentioned until the very end, with him telling of the 3 ways they can give. Nicely done.

All in all, I hope this church sticks it out and grows. They have soul-winning/visitation 2 times a week. I would highly recommend a visit.
Thank you for the report!