dlq5mu.png

2a4xoc8.png

bitt6t.png

f0dnq9.png

dy2j5k.png

29vnwn6.png

2i88w8w.png

dvfxci.png

This could be an innocent conversation with the exception of the occasional "Can you come and see me?" type of comments it is a way to build up the girls trust and confidence to get closer to him and feel like they have a connection and there is more to their relationship than just friends.

Ted Bundy was not able to get all his victims by being mean or being an authority figure, he was a nice guy needing some help and then took advantage of his victims kindness.

Tommy Boy is in the being nice stage now the victimization would have come later.

Amnon was nice too until he got what he wanted, then he threw the object of his lust away like a piece of garbage.

Then Amnon hated her exceedingly, so that the hatred with which he hated her was greater than the love with which he had loved her. And Amnon said to her, "Arise, be gone!" II Sam. 13:15 

He asked "was that last text a photo? If so show the the picture tonight".  This is not headed in a good direction. 

Tanner said:
He asked "was that last text a photo? If so show the the picture tonight".  This is not headed in a good direction.
Not sure how to respond to not give the wrong impression, if I do I'll try to clarify.

I think generally the texts show an intent, and cross the line, but it is too easy to read things into them as well.

"show the picture tonight" could mean "clandestine meeting" or "after the evening service".

I say this because being suspicious and cynical of everything is not a healthy state of mind. 

Edit: Just took another look at the texts and the dates. "Show me tonight" was sent Sunday afternoon around 3:30

ItinerantPreacher said:
I think generally the texts show an intent, and cross the line.......

...and that's all that should need to be said.  There is no "but"......

ItinerantPreacher said:
Tanner said:
I say this because being suspicious and cynical of everything is not a healthy state of mind. 

I have seen it first hand and I am taking it at face value and this was not headed in a good direction. 

FreeToBeMe said:
ItinerantPreacher said:
I think generally the texts show an intent, and cross the line.......

...and that's all that should need to be said.  There is no "but"......

That is so correct FreeToBeMe.  Unfortunately in the world of preachers we are talking about "BUT" is allowed.  They have built themselves a great system of duck and cover for each other. They allow for the sins of the leaders to be minimized and covered while the sins of the members of the churches to be magnified and chastised broadcasting them simply for their controlling advantage of the people. 

ItinerantPreacher said:
Tanner said:
Not sure how to respond to not give the wrong impression, if I do I'll try to clarify.

I think generally the texts show an intent, and cross the line, but it is too easy to read things into them as well.

"show the picture tonight" could mean "clandestine meeting" or "after the evening service".

There is a healthy level of suspicion as well as an unhealthy level; most of us would agree on the extremes being wrong (thinking a pastor is perfect vs. being suspicious of everything he does), but where to draw the line is difficult to say.  Our experiences filter our perceptions of events.