Tumblr explains the English language

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rogue Tomato

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Maybe it was just lack of sleep, but I was in tears laughing over some of these.  Warning: Some profanity. 

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/times-tumblr-hilariously-explained-english-language

aleshanee said:
as someone who learned english as a second language i didn;t find it all that funny...... but i do feel somewhat vindicated reading it and remembering all the time i got accused of misusing english..... made fun of for speaking only in short words..... or for coming off as having only a basic understanding of the language .......

i especially liked the quote that said..... "english beats up other languages in dark alleys... then rifles through their pockets for loose grammar and spare vocabulary.." ....... whoever said that hit the nail on the head.....

As a writer/editor, I nearly busted a rib on the "I s.... <FSSL edit: of course you did... keep it clean>

The Rogue Tomato said:
aleshanee said:
as someone who learned english as a second language i didn;t find it all that funny...... but i do feel somewhat vindicated reading it and remembering all the time i got accused of misusing english..... made fun of for speaking only in short words..... or for coming off as having only a basic understanding of the language .......

i especially liked the quote that said..... "english beats up other languages in dark alleys... then rifles through their pockets for loose grammar and spare vocabulary.." ....... whoever said that hit the nail on the head.....

As a writer/editor, I nearly busted a rib on the "I s.... <FSSL edit: of course you did... keep it clean>

What the... I didn't even type the word!  The joke wasn't even ABOUT the untyped word, it was about writing style, and you deleted my comment about that, too.  And you actually deleted the name of a type of dog???  I'm going to play it safe and just post a picture of this bird without saying its name.  Your vendetta is getting the best of you. 

cockatiel2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.