United Methodist Group Brings Church Charges Against Jeff Sessions

HereIStand

Elect
Reaction score
This might be one case where the United Methodist Book of Discipline is enforced.  It's been explained away or ignored in cases of gay or lesbian clergy.

http://www.umc.org/church-charges-brought-against-sessions.static.html

Basically, the United Methodist Church is at the point of "everyone did what was right in their own eyes."  The conservatives rule (the African United Methodist Church is 40% of the denomination and they are very conservative in doctrine) but everyone is doing what they want to do in regards to homosexuality.  The Book of Discipline is still orthodox in theology  and John Wesley still is esteemed but both are largely ignored by liberals (sorry, now they're "progressives") and utter chaos seems to reign.  There are many, many good churches and pastors that still cling to the truth of the Word and I have heard numerous times that a split will occur within the next few years.  Some congregations have already dropped out.  With all of this going on someone thinks the priority of the church is to bring charges against Jeff Sessions .  I don't think he'll lose much sleep over that.  Personally, I've retired and am now attending a Baptist Church.  I'm still in the loop as to what is going on but I'm done fighting after 41 years of ministry - I just want to love and serve God without any theological confusion around me.

Edwards said:
Basically, the United Methodist Church is at the point of "everyone did what was right in their own eyes."  The conservatives rule (the African United Methodist Church is 40% of the denomination and they are very conservative in doctrine) but everyone is doing what they want to do in regards to homosexuality.  The Book of Discipline is still orthodox in theology  and John Wesley still is esteemed but both are largely ignored by liberals (sorry, now they're "progressives") and utter chaos seems to reign.  There are many, many good churches and pastors that still cling to the truth of the Word and I have heard numerous times that a split will occur within the next few years.  Some congregations have already dropped out.  With all of this going on someone thinks the priority of the church is to bring charges against Jeff Sessions .  I don't think he'll lose much sleep over that.  Personally, I've retired and am now attending a Baptist Church.  I'm still in the loop as to what is going on but I'm done fighting after 41 years of ministry - I just want to love and serve God without any theological confusion around me.
Thank you for the reply and the insights. God bless.

Edwards said:
There are many, many good churches and pastors that still cling to the truth of the Word and I have heard numerous times that a split will occur within the next few years. 

Another split?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Methodist_Church