Veteran Forcibly Dragged from Air Force Ceremony for Mentioning "God"

biscuit1953

Elect
Reaction score
The policy was instituted under the Bush administration.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/20/exclusive-video-veteran-forcibly-dragged-air-force-ceremony-saying-god/

biscuit1953 said:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/20/exclusive-video-veteran-forcibly-dragged-air-force-ceremony-saying-god/

Did he even mention God?  It was obvious that they were ordered to not even let him speak at all.

This is typical of the military.  Chaplains can't give the gospel, mention Jesus Christ, etc.  We've all heard the stories.

Just more reasons no Christian needs to go into the military.

He probably would have had the same response if he said "Allah" or "Buddha" in place of God.
I know some servicemen would have been offended if he had said "Allah".  ("one nation under Allah" or something to that effect) Therefore, it follows that some servicemen would be offended if he said "God." Either it's ok to mention a deity or it's not ok.

Twisted said:
biscuit1953 said:

Did he even mention God?  It was obvious that they were ordered to not even let him speak at all.

This is typical of the military.  Chaplains can't give the gospel, mention Jesus Christ, etc.  We've all heard the stories.

I am not making a statement about whether this was handled correctly or not but there would appear to be more to this story. My sons are both in the military and have heard prayers and the mention of God numerous times in military ceremonies.

A chaplain must respect the faiths of all service personnel but there are chaplains who speak of giving the gospel and speaking of Christ. A chaplain in the military is not a pastor of a church so the dynamics are different.

Even if what you were saying was 100% true what would that have to do with going into the military? The military is a paid profession where you are called on to defend your country. I believe we all have reason to be thankful to those who serve and take pride in the service my sons have provided and continue to provide.

LongGone said:
Twisted said:
biscuit1953 said:

Do you believe the government will remove Chaplaincy from the U.S. military?

I am not making a statement about whether this was handled correctly or not but there would appear to be more to this story. My sons are both in the military and have heard prayers and the mention of God numerous times in military ceremonies.

A chaplain must respect the faiths of all service personnel but there are chaplains who speak of giving the gospel and speaking of Christ. A chaplain in the military is not a pastor of a church so the dynamics are different.

Even if what you were saying was 100% true what would that have to do with going into the military? The military is a paid profession where you are called on to defend your country. I believe we all have reason to be thankful to those who serve and take pride in the service my sons have provided and continue to provide.

?I have given more than three decades of service to the military and made many sacrifices for my country,? said Rodriguez in a prepared statement. ?To have the Air Force assault me and drag me out of a retirement ceremony simply because my speech included the word ?God? is something I never expected from our military.?
http://www.wnd.com/2016/06/pentagon-investigating-militarys-crackdown-on-god/#!

It's all Obama's fault because "he" reinforced the policy that Bush instituted.

Smellin Coffee said:
it also explains why Donald Trump is so popular. People are fed up with both parties because there's no difference in them.

biscuit1953 said:
?I have given more than three decades of service to the military and made many sacrifices for my country,? said Rodriguez in a prepared statement. ?To have the Air Force assault me and drag me out of a retirement ceremony simply because my speech included the word ?God? is something I never expected from our military.?
http://www.wnd.com/2016/06/pentagon-investigating-militarys-crackdown-on-god/#!

The Pentagon is investigating what went wrong. The Air Force has already supported religious speech. Are we making one isolated incident into something that it is not?  Is it actually one roque Lt. Col.?

biscuit1953 said:
Smellin Coffee said:
it also explains why Donald Trump is so popular. People are fed up with both parties because there's no difference in them.

My friend, we actually agree on something! :D

Twisted said:
biscuit1953 said:

"... no Christian needs to go into the military."
Are you serious about this? I am so shocked by this comment that I really don't know how to respond.

I'll start by saying that all American  Christians are allowed to witness to their peers and co-workers, even in the military. Would you have all those soldiers to never hear the word of Christ, especially in life-threatening conditions?

Would you trust the safety of this country entirely to "lost"people. Do you not have any comfort in the fact that there are born-again Christians representing you in the safety of this country?

Would God have all Christians dodge the draft, or simply avoid the opportunity to preserve the peace and prosperity of our great nation because they can't preach salvation from a pulpit?

You sound like one of those ignorant sheep who goes to church and hears the preacher talk about all the evils of public schools, so you homeschool your kids without even knowing what really goes on (sure-homeschool if God leads you to it, but not because the preacher says so).

If God leads you in a future outside of the military, so be it. But NO CHRISTIAN SHOULD GO INTO THE MILITARY is one of the saddest "Christian" remarks I have ever heard.

redhead said:
If God leads you in a future outside of the military, so be it. But NO CHRISTIAN SHOULD GO INTO THE MILITARY is one of the saddest "Christian" remarks I have ever heard.

You're new to the forum.  Stick around.  You'll hear far worse, I'm sure.