Ways to bring out the fundamentalist in a former fundamentalist

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
1. Start preaching against tithing.
2. Start preaching that that the Individual Priesthood of the believer means you don't have to answer to the pastor.
3. Start reminding people deacons don't belong to the pastor.
4. Start pointing out that the preachers family somehow has all become gifted with the same Spiritual gifts and are the best at what they do.....

Feel free to add to the list.

Let them talk to a former embittered fundy who now has committed to use his legalistic powers to prove that every individual associated with IFB movement is evil and the scourge of the earth. It will give a former IFB a picture of what could happen to them if they find themselves unable to move on.

1. Start preaching against tithing.
2. Start preaching that that the Individual Priesthood of the believer means you don't have to answer to the pastor.
3. Start reminding people deacons don't belong to the pastor.
4. Start pointing out that the preachers family somehow has all become gifted with the same Spiritual gifts and are the best at what they do.....

Feel free to add to the list.

5. Let him fail in his effort to be a Pastor.
6. Don't let him be the de facto leader of the congregation.

Haymaaaan!

5. Let him fail in his effort to be a Pastor.
6. Don't let him be the de facto leader of the congregation.

Haymaaaan!

7. Supply numerous counter-examples of fundamentalists which absolutely refute him and demonstrate the silliness of his hobby-horse cherry-picked fallacious arguments.

Well GLORY!!!

7. Supply numerous counter-examples of fundamentalists which absolutely refute him and demonstrate the silliness of his hobby-horse cherry-picked fallacious arguments.

Well GLORY!!!

You're the best cherry picker I know. Just a coward too afraid to place Jesus above your friends.

Self deprecation looks good on you.

I seem to remember you saying that you weren't a leader of anything anymore. Yep. Self deprecation looks good on you.
You are a failed wannabe with a faulty memory.

Failed? Failed trying to be like you? Thank God!

Successfully cheating God's people isn't something I'd brag about, If I were you.

I have served the same congregation for 40 years. You have NO knowledge of me or them. You are like many other one encounters online...a wannabe but couldn’t and can’t. I would doubt you have the leadership ability to lead a sick goat to water much less a church family

Haymaan....

I have served the same congregation for 40 years. You have NO knowledge of me or them. You are like many other one encounters online...a wannabe but couldn’t and can’t. I would doubt you have the leadership ability to lead a sick goat to water much less a church family

Haymaan....

I know what you teach and what you fail to teach. You refuse to engage on that topic because you know I do. How years have we argued?

I have no desire to lead anyone. I refuse to take the place of my Lord Jesus Christ in that area. You can keep getting in the way if you want. I'm sure you will try. At least you have one fan here. Wow. That's a ton of support you've got going for you.

I know what you teach and what you fail to teach. You refuse to engage on that topic because you know I do. How years have we argued?

I have no desire to lead anyone. I refuse to take the place of my Lord Jesus Christ in that area. You can keep getting in the way if you want. I'm sure you will try. At least you have one fan here. Wow. That's a ton of support you've got going for you.

You have no idea of what teach or don’t teach.
In fact you have no idea period.

Haymaaan.

So you are calling him out because of what he's not teaching and what he is teaching. So you do desire to lead if you want to be the one to determine what is and is not taught.

So you are calling him out because of what he's not teaching and what he is teaching. So you do desire to lead if you want to be the one to determine what is and is not taught.

Lead what? I don't have any followers. I appeal to the Scriptures and make every man chargeable to Jesus Christ. You're a liar.

Well admittedly I've been called far worse by folks who were far saner than you.