WCBC Featured on Stufffundieslike.com

Someone mentioned Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College. I heard about that college before because I know of someone in British Columbia who went there. Based on what I know of this former student/grad I would recommend it to any one is IFB but doesn't want WCBC style of education and also wants accreditation. There are a few good alternatives in IFB - There is no need to go to an SBC college or a more expensive college/university.

Btw, the students they show in those videos or the ones they don't show are not all what they appear to be. Not every one is  the typical IFBer who was either home-schooled or went to a church run school. There are normal former public school students who are there right now - some are there because they believe they are called into full-time ministry are some are there because their friends or relatives are there and they may only be there for a year - I've seen it more so with girls than guys who only go for a year.

And some of the commenters should just check out the school's website for themselves. Someone even asked if there were Afro-Americans there. Yes there are - one of them is on the girl's Volleyball team. The church even has an Afro-American assistant pastor.

brianb said:
Someone mentioned Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College. I heard about that college before because I know of someone in British Columbia who went there. Based on what I know of this former student/grad I would recommend it to any one is IFB but doesn't want WCBC style of education and also wants accreditation. There are a few good alternatives in IFB - There is no need to go to an SBC college or a more expensive college/university.

Accreditation and being treated like an adult are important things to look for in a college.

PCBBC is now Heartland Baptist Bible College, which is NOT accredited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartland_Baptist_Bible_College

brianb said:
And some of the commenters should just check out the school's website for themselves. Someone even asked if there were Afro-Americans there. Yes there are - one of them is on the girl's Volleyball team. The church even has an Afro-American assistant pastor.

Some did check out their website. That is why they were criticizing Chappell's ridiculous sermonette on accreditation (more like 'why we aren't accredited and will never be accredited and why you are wrong to even ask about it').

I recall a time when interracial dating (black/white) was ...shall I say...not encouraged. I wonder if they have changed their tune on this.  IDK.

Heartland is not accredited but one of the better schools for someone called into the ministry. Not much fluff there and good support for the ones serious. They tolerate the rest which helps pay the freight.

Paul has Sam Davidson in on occassion.

AmazedbyGrace said:
brianb said:

Accreditation and being treated like an adult are important things to look for in a college.

PCBBC is now Heartland Baptist Bible College, which is NOT accredited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartland_Baptist_Bible_College

I didn't know that it no longer exists. That's too bad.

AmazedbyGrace said:
brianb said:

Some did check out their website. That is why they were criticizing Chappell's ridiculous sermonette on accreditation (more like 'why we aren't accredited and will never be accredited and why you are wrong to even ask about it').

I recall a time when interracial dating (black/white) was ...shall I say...not encouraged. I wonder if they have changed their tune on this.  IDK.

Probably last century. We know that was the case with Bob Jones. My knowledge and opinion of WCBC is based on students who went there since 2000. Although they didn't agree with everything there it was in their experience not bad - in other words they didn't experience or witness any abuse. This may be because they were getting students from other churches especially from other countries where the pastors don't think exactly like PC and others. If WCBC was still doing the same things they did then they would lose big time - the pastors I know would not tolerate that.

I have stated before and still believe that Paul Chappel is the best of the current Fundamentalist lot.
I was in a book distribution center last week and noticed that his books are being 'mainstreamed' by being placed on their 'mailing list'.
I have personally found some of his materials to be very helpful.

Tarheel Baptist said:
I have stated before and still believe that Paul Chappel is the best of the current Fundamentalist lot.
I was in a book distribution center last week and noticed that his books are being 'mainstreamed' by being placed on their 'mailing list'.

Did you find this helpful too?

WCBC Eagle 

Tarheel Baptist said:

Based on what I've been reading from him and the negative things that fundamentalists like David Cloud have said about him or the things he has said in recent days I think Paul Chappell has changed in the past 10 years more so in the past year. Years ago he had a better relationship with fundamentalists like Cloud - now his church is not even listed in the wayoflife.org church directory (in fact there aren't many churches listed in that directory). Also the practice of shunning is not something he teaches anymore - I know this because one of  the daughters of one of his key men on staff is now a Southern Baptist and he has a good relationship with her. There may be old school members who still do this but they do not represent the present views of Paul Chappell or his staff.

I was doing a search for Lancaster related matters from former members when I found this news article from last December - wow.
http://www.dailynews.com/antelopevalley/ci_19556329

1. Don't steal.
2. Don't cheat the IRS - That's how Capone got caught.

This guy was a high level NASA employee so he wasn't poor.

AmazedbyGrace said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Did you find this helpful too?

WCBC Eagle

All I see is bad acting. I can do better than that. To me it's an indication that they are NOT like that. This is just for laughs.

Tarheel Baptist said:

I haven't checked to see if the LBC bookstore has the Purity Principle by Randy Alcorn but I noticed that is recommended by one of the contributors on his ministry127.com site. Many fundies wouldn't recommend any book by Randy Alcorn because of who he is. The fact that a contributor would recommend it and that Paul Chappell would approve of it. Also Paul Chappell has recommended a contemporary book by a non-IFB called The Janitor. You find this on many fundie book recommendation lists. Paul Chappell at least in recent years as relatively hip compared to other IFB's especially those of the old school.

brianb said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

Based on what I've been reading from him and the negative things that fundamentalists like David Cloud have said about him or the things he has said in recent days I think Paul Chappell has changed in the past 10 years more so in the past year. Years ago he had a better relationship with fundamentalists like Cloud - now his church is not even listed in the wayoflife.org church directory (in fact there aren't many churches listed in that directory). Also the practice of shunning is not something he teaches anymore - I know this because one of  the daughters of one of his key men on staff is now a Southern Baptist and he has a good relationship with her. There may be old school members who still do this but they do not represent the present views of Paul Chappell or his staff.

I was doing a search for Lancaster related matters from former members when I found this news article from last December - wow.

1. Don't steal.

He lived in his pastor's neighborhood, so he was definitely well off. Almost $300k in about  5 years... and no one at the church figured it out until NASA did. Wow.

NASA suspected him, set the trap, and caught him. A more recent member told me LBC denies filing charges. *Why wouldn't they file charges?* Weird.

Comparing him with the more backward IFBx does not make him mainstream. He still micromanages people's lives and judges members who leave to go to other churches...SBC included. He does not overtly criticize the key  staff daughter who left because he knows her family will do their best to sway her back. I have used many words to describe him, but stupid was never one of them.

brianb said:
All I see is bad acting. I can do better than that. To me it's an indication that they are NOT like that. This is just for laughs.

Former students say this is how they were treated (minus the chase into the desert and beating). Here are some of their comments on Stufffundieslike in response to this video:

Austin-

As a former student of that college I can personally vouch for the fact that this video is almost perfect of how things actually happen. I spent 3 of my 3 1/2 years at this fundy u mainly in that office and this video is scarily accurate to one of our many

AmazedbyGrace said:
brianb said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

1. Don't steal.

He lived in his pastor's neighborhood, so he was definitely well off. Almost $300k in about  5 years... and no one at the church figured it out until NASA did. Wow.

NASA suspected him, set the trap, and caught him. A more recent member told me LBC denies filing charges. *Why wouldn't they file charges?* Weird.

Comparing him with the more backward IFBx does not make him mainstream. He still micromanages people's lives and judges members who leave to go to other churches...SBC included. He does not overtly criticize the key staff daughter who left because he knows her family will do their best to sway her back. I have used many words to describe him, but stupid was never one of them.

I purposely left out the identity of the key member to protect her identity the best I could.
From what I understand she didn't leave IFB she left that particular church and if I'm not mistaken moved out of town and out of state so if her family were to try to sway her back it would not likely be to her old church but to another IFB church in her area - it may be that there are no good IFB churches in her area.

brianb said:
I purposely left out the identity of the key member to protect her identity the best I could.
From what I understand she didn't leave IFB she left that particular church and if I'm not mistaken moved out of town and out of state so if her family were to try to sway her back it would not likely be to her old church but to another IFB church in her area - it may be that there are no good IFB churches in her area.

I amended my post to remove the clue. Please amend your quote of my post.

AmazedbyGrace said:
brianb said:

Former students say this is how they were treated (minus the chase into the desert and beating). Here are some of their comments on Stufffundieslike in response to this video:

Austin-

As a former student of that college I can personally vouch for the fact that this video is almost perfect of how things actually happen. I spent 3 of my 3 1/2 years at this fundy u mainly in that office and this video is scarily accurate to one of our many