We Can't Really Blame the SBC for this, Can We?

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Yeah, we all know that pimping out kids to save our reputation isn't nearly as bad as personally molesting them. (sarcasm)

You couldn't be a better caricature of a progressive if you came from the Bronx and had unusually large teeth.

So you are criticizing the physical appearance of a congresswoman who was created Imago Dei.

Oh, and the term "leftard" you mention elsewhere? Why do you use the "tard" suffix (which is short for "retarded") in a demeaning way, specifically in lieu of those with physical and mental disabilities? Again, because it is acceptable in the eyes of your Evangelical god to refer to those disabled folks in a demeaning way.

And for what its worth, I would say the same thing to a liberal who refers to Trump supporters as "Dontards". Using mentally handicapped folks as a means to demean someone else is not acceptable in any fashion.

Smellin Coffee said:
So you are criticizing the physical appearance of a congresswoman who was created Imago Dei.

Of you read what I actually wrote, you'll notice I was criticizing you. As for the physical appearance of a public figure, every political cartoonist for the last two centuries attests that it is fair game.

Oh, and the term "leftard" you mention elsewhere? Why do you use the "tard" suffix (which is short for "retarded") in a demeaning way, specifically in lieu of those with physical and mental disabilities?

Because I am demeaning you by suggesting you have mental disabilities.

Did you figure that out all by yourself? Have a trophy!

Smellin Coffee said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Yeah, we all know that pimping out kids to save our reputation isn't nearly as bad as personally molesting them. (sarcasm)

You couldn't be a better caricature of a progressive if you came from the Bronx and had unusually large teeth.

Oh, and the term "leftard" you mention elsewhere? Why do you use the "tard" suffix (which is short for "retarded") in a demeaning way, specifically in lieu of those with physical and mental disabilities? Again, because it is acceptable in the eyes of your Evangelical god to refer to those disabled folks in a demeaning way.

And for what its worth, I would say the same thing to a liberal who refers to Trump supporters as "Dontards". Using mentally handicapped folks as a means to demean someone else is not acceptable in any fashion.

Smellin, YOU and you ALONE are compassionate, loving and giving.
Would you autograph my copy of the Unitarian Universalist non-Creed?

Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
https://baptistnews.com/article/north-carolina-baptist-church-ordaining-trans-woman-to-gospel-ministry/

They are an Independent Baptist Church, so I guess they, along with Schaap, belongest to thou.

Alliance of Baptists is a super-liberal SBC spinoff, 180 degrees from Schaap and his ilk.
AWAB is the gay-friendly flank of the American Baptist Churches.

Twisted said:
Ransom said:
leftists drool based on their feelings, not their knowledge.

You need more than a feeling.

http://youtu.be/SSR6ZzjDZ94
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

T-Bone said:
Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:
brianb said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
https://baptistnews.com/article/north-carolina-baptist-church-ordaining-trans-woman-to-gospel-ministry/

They are an Independent Baptist Church, so I guess they, along with Schaap, belongest to thou.

They are independent but not entirely by choice. They were kicked out of their local convention but voluntarily left the SBC. They are still affiliated with religious organizations so they are not independent in the sense most IFB churches are.

Actually if they were removed by their Association and State Convention they would not be allowed in the SBC.

But hey, if you are a sex predator (like CJ Mahaney), "Welcome aboard!"

Kudos though to Mohler who actually called out the SBs on it.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2019/02/15/mohler-issues-apology-for-embracing-c-j-mahaney/2880505002/

It's always a great thing when a sexual preditor of any kind is called out and dealt with both biblically and legally.  I have personally done this in my ministry, hoping more churches and pastors will do so. I am pushing for a list of these reprobates at the Association, State, and National level.
Amen

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Agent P said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:

Alliance of Baptists is a super-liberal SBC spinoff, 180 degrees from Schaap and his ilk.
AWAB is the gay-friendly flank of the American Baptist Churches.

I was referring to the church in question being identified as an ?independent congregation?.
Therefore, following the logic sometimes applied to SBC churches, it was (like Schaap) the independent?s ?problem? and responsibility. <I typed that with my tongue planted in my cheek>