Wednesday night services?

oldfashionedbrat

Elect
Reaction score
So, I'm gona be driving through Oklahoma City on vacation in a couple weeks, and I'm thinking about dropping by WHBC for a Wednesday night service, just for kicks and morbid nostalgia (and maybe just a dash of superciliousness, lol). I just wanted to make sure they still have enough people to hold a midweek service in the auditorium, or are they held in the college chapel or perhaps even a private home, to save on energy costs?

oldfashionedbrat said:
So, I'm gona be driving through Oklahoma City on vacation in a couple weeks, and I'm thinking about dropping by WHBC for a Wednesday night service, just for kicks and morbid nostalgia (and maybe just a dash of superciliousness, lol). I just wanted to make sure they still have enough people to hold a midweek service in the auditorium, or are they held in the college chapel or perhaps even a private home, to save on energy costs?

You are an ornery booger, no?  They are meeting in the cafeteria on Wed. nights for the Summer months to save on their electricity bill under the OG&E Smart Hours program.

Not so sure I would waste a Wed evening.  Bring an Ice Pick because you will need it to gouge your eyes out before the service ends.

Haha, I actually only asked the question as a joke, I didn't think I would actually be correct about their not using the auditorium. Hmmm, the cafeteria makes it a bit more awkward, cuz it'll be a lot more difficult to sneak in and out and be able to avoid the people I don't want to talk to. Though actually, I just now went through my college yearbook, stalked a few Facebook pages, and determined that there are only maybe four people still living in the OKC area whom I would have the slightest desire to talk to, lol.

oldfashionedbrat said:
Haha, I actually only asked the question as a joke, I didn't think I would actually be correct about their not using the auditorium. Hmmm, the cafeteria makes it a bit more awkward, cuz it'll be a lot more difficult to sneak in and out and be able to avoid the people I don't want to talk to. Though actually, I just now went through my college yearbook, stalked a few Facebook pages, and determined that there are only maybe four people still living in the OKC area whom I would have the slightest desire to talk to, lol.

Glad you were not serious.  They still gave out yearbooks when you were there?  hmmmmm  Thought they quit that years ago. 

Well I am serious about possibly visiting, I was just joking when I asked where the services are held. I'm really surprised they did away with the yearbook, it was one of the very few "normal" aspects of the college, lol. But as of about 10 years ago, yearbooks were still in existence.

oldfashionedbrat said:
Well I am serious about possibly visiting, I was just joking when I asked where the services are held. I'm really surprised they did away with the yearbook, it was one of the very few "normal" aspects of the college, lol. But as of about 10 years ago, yearbooks were still in existence.

uggghh.  Then do bring the Ice Pick as you will thank me later.

As for the year book, I really do not know.  I know they were considering to give all the students a CD with all the pictures on it in place of the year book many years ago to save cost as the yearbook was expensive and they did not have the student body numbers to cover the costs.  This would have been more than ten years ago. So, since you have a yearbook, they obviously scrapped that idea and did the yearbooks.

oldfashionedbrat said:
lol, well thanks for the tip

If you do go make sure to report back some time down the road.  But be cautious as Tom and Adrian do monitor this site.

I hear they shoot visitors.

Be careful.

Haha, I suppose now I will be outing myself as a poster here if they see me at a church service in a couple weeks. I'm ok with that though, cuz I'm sure they've heard a lot worse stuff about me by now anyway. Plus, I  doubt TV even knows who I am, and I always had a decent relationship with AVM.

oldfashionedbrat said:
Haha, I suppose now I will be outing myself as a poster here if they see me at a church service in a couple weeks. I'm ok with that though, cuz I'm sure they've heard a lot worse stuff about me by now anyway. Plus, I  doubt TV even knows who I am, and I always had a decent relationship with AVM.

Yeah you are most likely not even a blip on their radar anymore.