What Apologetics means

I

Ironman

Apologetics (from Greek ἀπολογία, "speaking in defense") is the discipline of defending a position (often religious) through the systematic use of information.

That is why people are scared of Ironman.  ;D

"What Apologetics Is" is an excuse for not doing what Jesus commanded you to do at the end of Matthew, mainly go into the world with the intent of winning souls for Christ.  Instead of doing that, you dabble in this thing called "apologetics, which is a vain and a vague attempt at justifying an untenable position.  The Bible isn't good enough for you.  The scriptures are not authoritative enough.  "Faith" doesn't quite have the ring of "logic."  So you use wishy-washy and paltry arguments to support a position, which Jesus clearly intended to be supported by faith only.

Anyone who relies on "apologetics" to justify his beliefs is someone who is seriously in need of a savior.

And, by the way, the admins have once again relegated me to the basement.  They are afraid of sound doctrine.

admin said:
You know the forum rules. You are a proclaimed athiest. If you consider this the "basement," then make something good of this.

Proclaimed by whom?

Route_70 said:
admin said:
You know the forum rules. You are a proclaimed athiest. If you consider this the "basement," then make something good of this.

Proclaimed by whom?

By you. Are you here to play games or do you want a serious discussion?

[attachment deleted by admin]

FSSL said:
Route_70 said:
admin said:

Proclaimed by whom?

By you. Are you here to play games or do you want a serious discussion?

Play games?  You reference the old FFF?  I thought this was the new FFF!  And how do you know that the Route_70 on this FFF is the Route_70 from the old?  I saw nothing in the registration procedure that singled out any particular belief or lack thereof.  Besides, even if I were an atheist, why would you box me in to a particular section of the forum?  I am, after all, a graduate of HAC.  Why would I not be allowed to participate in that forum?

I quoted from Hebrews 11.  Is that grounds for banishment?  How can that be?

Be that as it may, I do appreciate your handling of that "other" matter.  Thank you for that.

Timothy said:
Really? No atheist allowed?  ???
Why?

Why would you conclude that no atheists are allowed?
Wasn't my post clear enough? I am tired of dealing with this poster behind the scenes.
Besides, this poster wants to play games as if he is or is not an atheist.
Plenty of warning has been given to this poster.

FSSL said:
Timothy said:
Really? No atheist allowed?  ???
Why?

Why would you conclude that no atheists are allowed?
Wasn't my post clear enough? I am tired of dealing with this poster behind the scenes.
Besides, this poster wants to play games as if he is or is not an atheist.
Plenty of warning has been given to this poster.

if I read correctly, Atheist are only allowed in the Apologetics section. Right?

Why?

Timothy said:
if I read correctly, Atheist are only allowed in the Apologetics section. Right?
Why?

This has been a long, established understanding on the old FF and here. Read the subtext of the Apologetics forum. It says, "This forum is for all atheists and nonbelievers. You may post any topic you like but Forum Rules still apply."

This came as no surprise to Route_70. He said, above, "the admins have once again relegated me to the basement."

Do you want a forum flooded by atheists, derailing threads in all of the other sections?

FSSL said:
Timothy said:
Why?

This has been a long, established understanding on the old FF and here. Read the subtext of the Apologetics forum. It says, "This forum is for all atheists and nonbelievers. You may post any topic you like but Forum Rules still apply."

This came as no surprise to Route_70. He said, above, "the admins have once again relegated me to the basement."

Do you want a forum flooded by atheists, derailing threads in all of the other sections?

I am only focusing on the rule - not the specifics regarding Route_70 ... I always thought that rule from the old FFF was kind of silly.

Timothy said:
FSSL said:
Timothy said:
Why?

I am only focusing on the rule - not the specifics regarding Route_70 ... I always thought that rule from the old FFF was kind of silly.

There is a section when you register that says...

"List your denomination or provide a statement of faith. Atheists are welcome but will be restricted to Apologetics forum.".

I agree with the rule. Apologetics is a "defense of the faith". Why would an atheist even desire to discuss the details of Christian beliefs. Unless, they are just looking to ridicule said belief. To me, it falls under the idea of a "troll". A "troll" isn't sincere. I can't see an atheist being "sincere" in trying to discuss beliefs that he, by definition, rejects. Apolgetics is a perfect place for them.

christundivided said:
Timothy said:
FSSL said:
Timothy said:
Why?

There is a section when you register that says...

"List your denomination or provide a statement of faith. Atheists are welcome but will be restricted to Apologetics forum.".

I agree with the rule. Apologetics is a "defense of the faith". Why would an atheist even desire to discuss the details of Christian beliefs. Unless, they are just looking to ridicule said belief. To me, it falls under the idea of a "troll". A "troll" isn't sincere. I can't see an atheist being "sincere" in trying to discuss beliefs that he, by definition, rejects. Apolgetics is a perfect place for them.

I suppose. But, some atheist grew up around fundamentalist. And, in a way, I see the rule as discriminatory when based on the thought atheist are trolls, or one looking to start trouble.

Timothy said:
I suppose. But, some atheist grew up around fundamentalist. And, in a way, I see the rule as discriminatory when based on the thought atheist are trolls, or one looking to start trouble.

I will not reveal all that I have gone through with this poster. As christundivided noted, the rules were clear and Route_70 knew them very well.

Hi Gringo: I will make sure you are treated fairly. I do not boot people lightly. I am confident, in Scripture, to be able to counter objections from atheists and IFBXrs. Of course, I will get things wrong from time-to-time, but so does everyone.

This is not a forum designed for atheists. There are other forums. However, if atheists want to discuss issues with us, here is the open door.

Gringo said:
FSSL said:
Hi Gringo: I will make sure you are treated fairly. I do not boot people lightly. I am confident, in Scripture, to be able to counter objections from atheists and IFBXrs. Of course, I will get things wrong from time-to-time, but so does everyone.

This is not a forum designed for atheists. There are other forums. However, if atheists want to discuss issues with us, here is the open door.

"Like"

So, go ahead and put forth a good debate and I will engage! :D