What are the most hypocritical actions by jv and staff?

ExFundy

Elect
Reaction score
Slamming college students for quitting. Tom vineyard collected  churches money for foreign missions. He eventually  quits  missions to pastor whbc.  I guess it's only quitting if someone else does it.

I'd dearly love to hear a message someday about the virtues of quitting (I'm tired of the "never quit" philosophy)

It is a good thing to quit from service that is not God's will (anymore).
It is a good thing to quit sinful habits
It is a good thing to quit trusting our works to earn righteousness.

Amen, that's why I kinda quit the I.F.B. I still go occasionally to the IFB church that I am a member of but go more to my girlfriends southern Baptist church.

Walt said:
I'd dearly love to hear a message someday about the virtues of quitting (I'm tired of the "never quit" philosophy)

It is a good thing to quit from service that is not God's will (anymore).
It is a good thing to quit sinful habits
It is a good thing to quit trusting our works to earn righteousness.

Then there is all the preaching and rantings by JAV and staff against all evil music that is not piano or organ music of the old hymns.

Only to travel in JAV's Suburban and see all his CD's of "unapproved WHBC/OBC music" laying on the floor and in the center console.

Raise your hand if you got campused (and almost kicked out of school) for having Kingmen and Gold City cds.

My hand is raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I listened to southern gospel quite frequently just never made an issue with them out of it.

The most hypocritical thing i saw there was them telling people to give until it hurts and sacrifice the wallets ( which isnt all bad we do need to reach the world with the Gospel) but then they take high end fishing trips and i have a pretty good idea where that money came from

Saved by Grace said:
I listened to southern gospel quite frequently just never made an issue with them out of it.

The most hypocritical thing i saw there was them telling people to give until it hurts and sacrifice the wallets ( which isnt all bad we do need to reach the world with the Gospel) but then they take high end fishing trips and i have a pretty good idea where that money came from

...or the members living in trailer homes giving funds that they should be saving, while the MOG builds a high-end custom home in an exclusive area.

I knew the richest man in the church, and he didn't live like that.  The MOG was living far above the wealthiest of the congregation.

calling yourself a "shepherd." Obviously they have a warped picture of Jesus Christ, who was the Great Shepherd and lay down His life for the sheep.  Servanthood, humility,  leading by example and not screaming words seems to be a lost art today. It is said that a church takes on the personality of the pastor....I let this speak for itself.

Saved by Grace said:

This always is and always will be a sticking point. I just heard the guy from Santa Clara (you know who) say that when you come to church the only three books you need are a bible, a songbook, and your checkbook.

You scratch your head after a while when you give money you don't have to see these guys jetting all over the world and staying in nice hotels and spending the day preaching for an hour or two and hobknobbing with their friends. Or when you finally begin to understand that they have retirement accounts and pensions all the while telling you how broke they are.