...what are they among so many?

Citadel of Truth

Elect
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if the half-dozen or so regular posters to this forum are even a passing concern to the powers that be at OBC/WHBC. I mean, if only a handful of people were up in arms about an issue, I'd feel pretty confident that I'd sufficiently smoothed things over.

Has Tom successfully weathered this storm?   

John 6:9 "...what are they among so many?"

If successfully weathering the storm you mean losing over half the church, only having 10 students in the college, losing all but 4 teachers in the school and having 60 students tops, closing down and selling the camp, and having the bank cut their payments for a year in order to help them to be able to pay the bills, dropping a number of missionaries for support, losing a number of missionaries, staff members having to get full time jobs outside of the church then sure he has probably weathered the storm.

However, I don't feel this storm is over it has simply died down a little bit and will like a steady rain in the spring continue slowly but steadily.

JustABigKid said:
If successfully weathering the storm you mean...

By "successfully weathering the storm" I mean that he is still in place as pastor of WHBC. He is still drawing a weekly paycheck. He still has congregants blindly following him. He still has staff members who are unquestioning "yes men." He is still accountable to no one. He still has his reputation intact among the brethren in his circle who worship at the feet of King James Vineyard. He still has access to unsuspecting college girls, etc, etc....

That's what I mean by weathering the storm. And, apparently he has.

I think he might weather the storm this round but when it happens again he will be weakened so much it will be the end of him.

Also once the payments start up again after the year is up things will get worse financially for them. They don't have the money to pay the bills now what are they going to do when the payments are required.

WHBC has a reputation in OKC and it is not a good one, even for people that have no idea what has happened lately.

The ship is still afloat but it is taking on water.

Citadel of Truth said:
JustABigKid said:
If successfully weathering the storm you mean...

By "successfully weathering the storm" I mean that he is still in place as pastor of WHBC. He is still drawing a weekly paycheck. He still has congregants blindly following him. He still has staff members who are unquestioning "yes men." He is still accountable to no one. He still has his reputation intact among the brethren in his circle who worship at the feet of King James Vineyard. He still has access to unsuspecting college girls, etc, etc....

That's what I mean by weathering the storm. And, apparently he has.

He has at that.  I remember when daddy called him home from the field after his head was smashed in by the butts of the guns of those four men over in the Ivory Coast.  We all knew of his past reputation towards the opposite sex and most pretty much figured out why he got his head smashed in over in Africa.  We all sat back and said the real Tom Vineyard will stand up again.  Just give him some time.  It was observed the way he looked at the secretaries and how uncomfortable he made them feel.  It was observed the way he mistreated the married ladies in the church and on staff.  It was again said the real Tom Vineyard will stand up again. Just give him some time. Then he became "pastor" was now in the position of power and we all said the real Tom Vineyard will stand up again. Just give him some time.

Well the real Tom Vineyard did stand up again but unfortunately with daddies support and power he has "weathered the storm"

BUT we all are saying the real Tom Vineyard will stand up again and most likely daddy will not be there to come to his rescue this time.  Just give him some time!!!