What are you listening to right now?

How old is your mattress consider going and getting a new mattress. I did and I go right to sleep something to think about. Take a nap later if you can love you..........

How old is your mattress consider going and getting a new mattress. I did and I go right to sleep something to think about. Take a nap later if you can love you..........
mine is just a little over a year old... . a queen size and super comfortable... .. on average we change the matresses throughout the household every 3 to 4 years... .. but mine get changed out a lot more frequently.... good pillows and quality cotton sheets with a high thread count are important too.... . i usually fall asleep the moment my head the hits the pillow.. . :sleep: .. ....but my sleep patterns are complicated and have been the source of more than one medical study.. .. what wakes me up is not always the same thing... and sometimes it;s hard to explain.... ..i have a lot of tricks to get back to sleep... (making a fist with feet/toes - then spreading them out again over and over... ambient soundtracks etc)... ... and i frequently fall asleep whether i want to or not if i get too comfortable midafternoon on the sofa... . especially after heavy physical activity..... ...... ..but if i wake up suddenly at 3 am or 1 oclock as is sometimes the case... then can;t get back to sleep within a reasonable amount of time - i always get up and get busy until i feel sleepy again... . and that;s usually what is going on when i show up on the forum at 3 am hawaii time... (or midmorning mainland time...). ..my counsellor taught me years ago to never let myself develop the habit of laying in bed and not sleeping... it;s better to have the mind always associate lying in bed with sleep.. ....

thanks for the kind thoughts and well wishes... ... you were among the first people i ever spoke to on the old fff when i first joined years ago... and have been a cherished friend ever since.. .. i will never forget that.... 🤟:cool:

Last edited:
Such talent!
they are one of my favorite bands... when they first started out they were literally
just a quartet - 4 music students playing classical music on the streets and in the
parks - sing traditional wooden/acoustic violins and cello... .. but now they have
around a dozen members and use a wide variety of electronic strings instruments.
.. . pretty awesome..... . :cool:

at 3;34 am it;s back to a rainy night at the mountain-side coffee shop... :coffee:
... but i;m not the only one awake.. . someone else has been in her office
working through the night...... the coffee is for both of us.... 🥱