What are your views on understanding The Trinity?

You quoted Eph. 5:31 in response to some questions I asked you. You offered no explanation of this verse's connection to the Trinity; in fact, above you basically disclaimed it.

So I will take my questions as still unanswered:
I do not connect the two. That is the only way I can explain how I view it. No connection. So how should I view it? And what are the verses backing that up?

I do not connect the two. That is the only way I can explain how I view it. No connection. So how should I view it? And what are the verses backing that up?
You appear to live in an interesting world where you get to state what you believe, and the onus is on other people to prove you wrong. I don't live in that world. If you think the Trinity came into being at a point in time, it's up to you to defend that view biblically.

You appear to live in an interesting world where you get to state what you believe, and the onus is on other people to prove you wrong. I don't live in that world. If you think the Trinity came into being at a point in time, it's up to you to defend that view biblically.
LOL Thought so

The Bible speaks clearly of God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit, and at the same time it shows just as clearly that it is about one God. This term expresses the truth about God revealed in the Bible that He exists in three "Persons" who share the same essence of divinity.

Some people use human analogies to describe the nature of the Trinity, referring, for example, to the chemical compound H2O, which can take the form of water, ice or steam (these are different forms of the same compound). Another depiction is the egg, which is made up of shells, whites and yolks - but this analogy suggests that God has "parts", and this is not true.

God the Son (Jesus) is fully God, God the Father is fully God and God the Holy Spirit is fully God. But there is only one God. Our temporal, limited human experience does not allow us to fully understand the Trinity, but from the very beginning in Scripture God reveals Himself in this way. Note the plural pronouns "our" and "us" used in Genesis 1:26 -- "And finally God said, "Let us make man in our image, like us. May he rule over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, over the cattle, over the earth, and over all the animals creeping on the earth!"

I am not trying to prove my view of the trinity. I mentioned Eph. 5 because of the marriage and one flesh reference. I want you to prove your view, so I may reject it or accept it.
God. One God, three Persons.

Marriage. One flesh, two persons. (Three, if one counts the Spirit.)

This is as good a picture as one can get. It is what it means to be made in the image of Elohim, Genesis 1:27. The Hebrew root is ALH, meaning, "to swear" and describes those who stand in a covenant relationship ratified by an oath.

Side point: As a student in Catholic school, I was clearly taught that the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, and that the Trinity is a man-made attempt to explain something that God said is unexplainable. The nun made it clear that the Trinity is not a completely Biblical idea.

Right you are, Ekklesian. Despite my strong rejection of Catholicism, I maintain that the word "Trinity" does not appear in the Bible, that "great is the mystery of Godliness," and that the Trinity does not exactly coincide with the Bible's clear teaching of the Deity of Christ.

Right you are, Ekklesian. Despite my strong rejection of Catholicism, I maintain that the word "Trinity" does not appear in the Bible, that "great is the mystery of Godliness," and that the Trinity does not exactly coincide with the Bible's clear teaching of the Deity of Christ.
Do go on ...

The word "BIble" is not in the Bible, and therefore the Bible is a man-made attempt to explain the unexplainable.

Side point: As a student in Catholic school, I was clearly taught that the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, and that the Trinity is a man-made attempt to explain something that God said is unexplainable. The nun made it clear that the Trinity is not a completely Biblical idea.

The word "BIble" is not in the Bible, and therefore the Bible is a man-made attempt to explain the unexplainable.
..and "church" (unless your into the double inspiration of the KJV)

Ekklesian, I am taking an unexpected direction here. Around 50 years ago, I read a short testimony by a Catholic priest who had converted to Russellism (They call themselves "Jehovah's Witnesses") He stated that in seminary, they made it clear to the students that the Bible did not teach the Trinity, and therefore, the Catholic Church was lying to its lay people.
Now, as much as I despise Catholicism (but not Catholics), I also reject idealism--the belief that any evil that helps my cause is good, and any good that weakens my cause is evil. It is not necessary to slander the Catholic Church; both the Bible and history strongly demonstrate the evil of Catholicism.
While many Catholics are unaware of it, the Catholic Church officially teaches that the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, and that the Trinity is a man-made explanation of something that God said is unexplainable.

Ekklesian, I am taking an unexpected direction here. Around 50 years ago, I read a short testimony by a Catholic priest who had converted to Russellism (They call themselves "Jehovah's Witnesses") He stated that in seminary, they made it clear to the students that the Bible did not teach the Trinity, and therefore, the Catholic Church was lying to its lay people.
Now, as much as I despise Catholicism (but not Catholics), I also reject idealism--the belief that any evil that helps my cause is good, and any good that weakens my cause is evil. It is not necessary to slander the Catholic Church; both the Bible and history strongly demonstrate the evil of Catholicism.
While many Catholics are unaware of it, the Catholic Church officially teaches that the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, and that the Trinity is a man-made explanation of something that God said is unexplainable.
What did God say was unexplainable?

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” — 1 Timothy 3:16.

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” — 1 Timothy 3:16.
So is that verse describing the trinity?

I meant 'do go on about' the Trinity, or Who is the Father? Who is the Son? and Who is the Spirit? If God is not three Persons in One, explain the Name, Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

The Bible does teach that God is Three Persons in One. Scripture also teaches that this is a great mystery. The Trinity is a partially successful explanation of this great mystery, but the Trinity is not correct in every point.

The Bible does teach that God is Three Persons in One. Scripture also teaches that this is a great mystery. The Trinity is a partially successful explanation of this great mystery, but the Trinity is not correct in every point.
Who is the Father?

Who is the Son?

Who is the Holy Ghost?