What is Gossip....

Of course I said such in the context of discussing whether something can be "gossip" if it is true. Which it can't. You convenient leave out such comments in your response because you're an ungodly liar.

You should love it. It is the Truth. Truth isn't slander. Gossip involves slander. You obvious do not enjoy the Truth.

Proverbs 18:7-8
7A fool’s mouth is his ruin,
And his lips are the snare of his soul.
8The words of a whisperer are like dainty morsels,
And they go down into the innermost parts of the body.

Proverbs 18:7-8
7A fool’s mouth is his ruin,
And his lips are the snare of his soul.
8The words of a whisperer are like dainty morsels,
And they go down into the innermost parts of the body.

Fools hate the Truth. They lie. Fools care nothing of the Truth. That isn't Gossip.

Fools hate the Truth. They lie. Fools care nothing of the Truth. That isn't Gossip.
Proverbs 11:12-13

12He who despises his neighbor lacks sense,
But a man of understanding keeps silent.
13He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets,
But he who is trustworthy conceals a matter.

Yep. Less than you.

You utter retard. You added details to my analogy and refuted those. I'm not missing my own point.

Anyway, to reiterate my only point in this thread, which evidence_of_intelligence_unseen has yet to refute: Neither the English word "gossip," nor the Greek word from which it is translated, precludes gossip from being true.

You utter retard. You added details to my analogy and refuted those. I'm not missing my own point.

Anyway, to reiterate my only point in this thread, which evidence_of_intelligence_unseen has yet to refute: Neither the English word "gossip," nor the Greek word from which it is translated, precludes gossip from being true.

You're the one that used the symbol without distinction. Not me. You should reconsider your use of the word "retard". I know Canadians hate that word more than most.....

Why would I refute that. You obvious agree that Gossip is based upon lies. You just like to argue with me. If something is TRUE, it can not be Gossip. Jesus wasn't a Gossiper, yet He certainly would be classified a "Gossiper" by many people's application of the word "Gossip".

You're the one that used the symbol without distinction. Not me. You should reconsider your use of the word "retard". I know Canadians hate that word more than most.....

Why would I refute that. You obvious agree that Gossip is based upon lies. You just like to argue with me. If something is TRUE, it can not be Gossip. Jesus wasn't a Gossiper, yet He certainly would be classified a "Gossiper" by many people's application of the word "Gossip".
Ransom has been clear from the beginning of the thread that gossip can be true or a lie.

For most people involved in a gossip chain whether it was true or not would not even have much relevance. The only person who would even have any idea of the validity of the gossip would be the initial spreader. The hearers would just be relying on a 3rd party.

Had a pastor several years ago who had a policy that nearly eliminated people from coming to him with gossip. If someone told him something derogatory about someone in the church he would say "that's terrible, come on let's go confront him about this right now". He said he never had anyone want to go with him to confront the "offender". Most gossips are not looking for a solution they just want to tear someone else down to feel better about themselves.

So would MacArthur and Todd Friel slamming seeker sensitive false teachers and charismatics and Hillsong/CCM music be considered gossip or is no different than when Hyles/Tony Hutson/Larry Brown/Jack Trieber do it?

You should reconsider your use of the word "retard".

That was "utter retard" . . .

You obvious agree that Gossip is based upon lies.

. . . and I wholeheartedly stand behind both "utter" and "retard," if you haven't grasped by now that I have said repeatedly truth or falsity is not part of the definition of "gossip." How it can be "obvious" to you that I stated the exact opposite is beyond rational comprehension.

Anyway, it's clear this is yet another conversation you can't be honest enough to discuss fruitfully, so I'm not wasting my time on your garbage any further. Have a day.

That was "utter retard" . . .

I'm sure you attend church with someone that you consider to be one. By all means, make sure to shout it load and clear the next time you assemble together with your fellow Canadians.

. . . and I wholeheartedly stand behind both "utter" and "retard," if you haven't grasped by now that I have said repeatedly truth or falsity is not part of the definition of "gossip." How it can be "obvious" to you that I stated the exact opposite is beyond rational comprehension.

You've spoken in circles. The Greek source very clearing indicates evil slander. You have said it does. You then disconnect your self from this conclusion.

Anyway, it's clear this is yet another conversation you can't be honest enough to discuss fruitfully, so I'm not wasting my time on your garbage any further. Have a day.

You've always made your own rules Ransom. When people don't respond in the very narrow way you expect them to respond, you throw such tantrums. Thanks for wish me "a day".

I wish the very best in Christ Jesus.

By all means, make sure to shout it load and clear the next time you assemble together with your fellow Canadians.
Heck, I'll do it right now.

TREASURE_UNSEEN IS AN UTTER RETARD.

Do you think that was loud and clear enough? I don't think the font can get any bigger, but there is still the option of boldface and bright red.

Heck, I'll do it right now.

TREASURE_UNSEEN IS AN UTTER RETARD.

Was that loud and clear enough for you? I don't think the font can go any bigger, but there is still the option of boldface and bright red.

You deceptive quoted me. You do it all the time. I said....

I'm sure you attend church with someone that you consider to be one

You revert to childish rants when you get upset. You always have.

So how many IFB pastors (other than the ones from PCC) are gossiping about Schaap in their sermons?? Is this retribution for Hyles bad mouthing PCC all those years?

I saw where DR Harrison is complaining about "Gossip"..... Of coarse he ignores verses such as.....

Tit 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Please accuse you of things because they are TRUE. When it is TRUE. You can't ignore it.