What is your church doing for Easter services?

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Meeting in church as usual?
Livestream or Facebook live?
Something else?

We have planned a drive in service in our parking lot.

Meeting in church as usual?
Livestream or Facebook live?
Something else?

We have planned a drive in service in our parking lot.
Our church had planned a Sunday AM Easter service in the parking lot broadcast on an FM signal but changed it to Sat PM because of a bad weather forecast. They are also doing a FB Sun AM Easter service.

The usual YouTube livestream.

Ssshhh!!!!

I just got back from an illegal church service. There were about 36 of us, and it was good to see friends from other churches. The ushers sat us so that we maintained social distancing.

It took away some of the glamor when I saw that some of the folks had parked their cars right in front of the church, though.

We had another of the usual virtual services that we've had for the past month.

Hymn list:

• "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" (of course)
  • "Rejoice, the Lord is King"
  • "Living Hope" (Phil Wickham)
  • "Christ our Hope in Life and Death" (Keith & Kristyn Getty)
  • "Crown Him with Many Crowns"

The sermon was on John 20.

And, of course, I spent a fair bit of time ruminating on the half-dozen or so choir anthems we rehearsed for weeks but never got to sing. (Well, I've still got the music, so I suppose if I wanted, I could sing 'em.)

We planned our service and of course didn’t know what/how many to expect. We had planned to use our main parking lot but placed the ‘platform‘ so that our secondary lot could be used as overflow if needed. This was the overflow lot.

The service was much shorter than usual but our music team did a great job. I found it very awkward preaching to parked cars.

The service was much shorter than usual but our music team did a great job. I found it very awkward preaching to parked cars.

At least it doesn't look like any of them were parked so that they could make a quick getaway.

We had a drive in parking lot service. We watched from facebook.

The government of Chapala put out a notice a few hours ago, urging citizens to report illegal church services.

Obviously, you don't live in Chapala, but be careful what you say on this thread.

Obviously, you don't live in Chapala, but be careful what you say on this thread.
You mean, like, for example . . .
Ssshhh!!!!

I just got back from an illegal church service. There were about 36 of us, and it was good to see friends from other churches. The ushers sat us so that we maintained social distancing.

It took away some of the glamor when I saw that some of the folks had parked their cars right in front of the church, though.
OK, I'll avoid that. We wouldn't want someone, say the Mexican Government, to know you attended an illegal church service in Chapala.