What is your favorite Concealed Carry Weapon?

16KJV11

Doctor
Reaction score
I have a Kel Tec .380 and a Ruger LCR 357, but neither are acceptable.
The Kel Tec simply does not have the fire power or any semblance of accuracy and the Ruger is too bulky.
The Ruger weighs only 17 oz unloaded, but it feels fat when I carry it.
Any favorites here that you suggest?

16KJV11 said:
The Kel Tec simply does not have the fire power or any semblance of accuracy and the Ruger is too bulky.

Glock 27 with the magazine extension. Has a good feel, may have the same feel as your rugar since it is as wide as a normal Glock except for the taper near the discharge end.

That LCR will get the job done and is great for concealed. It's a little hot but put some 38's and its very manageable. Maybe try a different holster or carry style?

Does anyone know much about the S/W model 637 Airweight .38 cal?
For the weight, it would be good for my wife to carry.  Only 15oz.

qwerty said:
16KJV11 said:

Glock 27 with the magazine extension. Has a good feel, may have the same feel as your rugar since it is as wide as a normal Glock except for the taper near the discharge end.

That LCR will get the job done and is great for concealed. It's a little hot but put some 38's and its very manageable. Maybe try a different holster or carry style?
I'll look into some different holsters.

Went to Field and Stream tonight and looked at three guns:
The Ruger LC9, the Glock 43 and the S/W Shield 9MM.
The Glock felt the best, but the Ruger had a crimson trace laser sight.  The Ruger was also used, but in great shape.
I didn't like the feel of the Ruger b/c the hard plastic grip was very uncomfortable.
I did like the fact that the Ruger's magazine held 7 shots as opposed to the Glock's 6.
The Shield was a little bigger than I want for CCW.
Mixed reviews on forums regarding all weapons.
Not sure which one to purchase.
On the bright side, they were willing to give me what I wanted for my S/W model 908.

Not sure if it matters it not, it's personal preference, but check to see if the Ruger has a magazine disconnect. Some people are turned off by that.

qwerty said:
Not sure if it matters it not, it's personal preference, but check to see if the Ruger has a magazine disconnect. Some people are turned off by that.
Today I looked at a Walther PPS 40 but it simply felt too big to be concealable for me.
The Ruger just wasn't a fit for me, the plastic handle was rough and uncomfortable just to hold, let alone rocking in my hand when firing.
The S/W MP Shield 9 was nice, but again, a little bigger than I wanted.
Ended up buying the Glock 43.  Felt the best in my hand and is the most 'concealable' of what I looked at. 
Slim and trim were the bywords of the day for me.
A friend of mine in LE recommended it also, and I trust his judgment.

I have had my Ruger SP101 .357 for quite a few years and chose it because of the combination of power and the ease of using a revolver.  Knowing I would not make time to practice very often, I wanted something that I could easily recall how to load, point, and shoot under duress.  Main drawback for me is that it has no safety so I use a trigger lock when it is in my purse.  I may have to call a time out to fumble with the combination on the lock during an emergency.  I would like to find something as easy to use as the Ruger, but with a safety and lighter weight.
I have custody of a son's Springfield XD .45 while he is at college.  Heavy, difficult for me to cock, but he insists the sound of it being cocked and locked is part of its charm. 

JrChurch said:
I have had my Ruger SP101 .357 for quite a few years and chose it because of the combination of power and the ease of using a revolver.  Knowing I would not make time to practice very often, I wanted something that I could easily recall how to load, point, and shoot under duress.  Main drawback for me is that it has no safety so I use a trigger lock when it is in my purse.  I may have to call a time out to fumble with the combination on the lock during an emergency.  I would like to find something as easy to use as the Ruger, but with a safety and lighter weight.
I have custody of a son's Springfield XD .45 while he is at college.  Heavy, difficult for me to cock, but he insists the sound of it being cocked and locked is part of its charm.
I'd hate to have to try to remove that trigger lock in an emergency... ???

JrChurch said:
... but he insists the sound of it being cocked and locked is part of its charm. 

Sometimes even the sound of the safety being turned off will make you wet your pants.

IFB X-Files said:
JrChurch said:
... but he insists the sound of it being cocked and locked is part of its charm. 

Sometimes even the sound of the safety being turned off will make you wet your pants.

http://youtu.be/-Up1KCc_eEY
I have watched that movie many times, especially the battle scene.  The Army actually gave that reporter a bronze star for his participation in the battle of IA Drang.

Love the new Glock 43.  Making great shots at 15 yards with this sub compact gun.

Conceal?

Nah.

Earnestly Contend

My favorite concealed weapon?

Sarcasm.

Doesn't do much against armed robbers and terrorists, admittedly. 

Just switched recently to the M&P 9 Performance Center..... Nice size and with the compensated barrel, easy shooting.

5 shot S&W .38 snub nose.
Or the hammerless .357
Depends on how it needs to be deployed.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of getting a new compact nine. Something no bigger than the Makarov with the punch of the Browning.  It'll have to wait until I have a few hundred bucks to spare though. The Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield looks like a top candidate.