What needs to be done?

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
It is obvious that the HAC FFF has slowed down extremely over the past few years.  This forum is operated in a very professional manner.  It is moderated, but not over moderated.  I understand that currently (as far as we know) there are no scandals at FBCH/HAC.  There is no Pastor's School.  The attendance at HAC is down.  Is this the reason the forum is slow?  Has social media taken our thunder?  This is a good and fun place to post.  What is the reason for the slow down, and what can we do to get some traffic pick up?  What say ye, Hacker Nation? 

We're all waiting for Dave Hyles to do something.

Or we're waiting for Schaap to get out of prison.

Or for his ex-wife to start dating again.

Personally I think social media has put the hurt on us.  There are several people that use to post on here on a regular basis that no longer do.  I see them posting all the time on FB.  Teri in NC would be exhibit A.

I post on Facebook, but that is no substitution for the FFF.

Is there a Facebook page that is like the FFF?

Personally, I think the issue is carnality and worldliness. 

Teri in NC would be exhibit A.

I prefer the Fighting Forum, because it is there that I can more effectively exhibit my "devil's advocate" role.  You people are too nice here.  If someone would insult me a bit, I might spend more time posting here.

The lack of HAC related issues are the key. We have beat every FBCH/HAC issue to death. This results in fewer posters and then fewer posters lead to threads monopolized by the few. It is hard to do threads such as first date at HAC or where did you work because there are so few posters. The action is upstairs where you don't need the HAC connection to participate but even that has slowed down.

Another issue is we are all going older and our HAC experience is farther in the rear view mirror so things that may have created discussion at one time doesn't matter to the folks who are left. An example would be the passing of Jim Vineyard. He was a larger than life presence when I was at HAC.  Love him or hate him or think he just went crazy he was a large part of my HAC experience. He was gone from HAC by the time most of the present day posters arrive at HAC.

Everything has a life cycle. What made the Hyles-Anderson part of the forum great was it focused on HAC. After years of intense focus what is there to talk about on something that is singularly focused for the most part?  That single focus made us fun and great will be one of the reasons for our ultimate demise.

Many HACkers cannot handle criticism in any way shape or form . Of course this was taught and hammered into HACkers. To question anything is not in their DNA, typically. Job asked questions and God answered some of them, He can handle it and it didn't shake his throne one bit. If  HACkers could honestly examine what happened while there, after leaving,  what has happened in the intervening years & not be afraid to discuss & even criticize anything that can't be lined up with the Word of God and offer different viewpoints and perspectives then maybe there would be more discussion. 

Hackers loved the humor of JH but often resent it when the man, the men or the system is humorously poked fun of, ever.

But HACkers are HACkers..........they never rest or take a day off.......much less some time off to relax & think outside the HAC box of "convictions".

RAIDER said:
It is obvious that the HAC FFF has slowed down extremely over the past few years.  This forum is operated in a very professional manner.  It is moderated, but not over moderated.  I understand that currently (as far as we know) there are no scandals at FBCH/HAC.  There is no Pastor's School.  The attendance at HAC is down.  Is this the reason the forum is slow?  Has social media taken our thunder?  This is a good and fun place to post.  What is the reason for the slow down, and what can we do to get some traffic pick up?  What say ye, Hacker Nation?

Hacker nation is a system designed to promote those with blind obedience. Its staff are nice people but lack any semblance of divination from the Holy Spirit. They mandate devotions and chapel time as if its attendees were all teenagers. Its a cruel joke to presume to have the authority to  promote or demote those seeking a life of service based on petty grievances.  FFF has declined because normal people don't like to post with angry narrow minded people.

Route_70 said:
I prefer the Fighting Forum, because it is there that I can more effectively exhibit my "devil's advocate" role.  You people are too nice here.  If someone would insult me a bit, I might spend more time posting here.

I would have trouble insulting you because you have posted several great "Most Interesting Hacker" posts.........ah, who cares!  Route_70, you are a worthless hunk of Spam!!!!

RAIDER said:
Route_70 said:

I would have trouble insulting you because you have posted several great "Most Interesting Hacker" posts.........ah, who cares!  Route_70, you are a worthless hunk of Spam!!!!

I believe that's an insult to Spam.  He's more like the jelly junk on top of the Spam when you open the can.

LongGone said:
The lack of HAC related issues are the key. We have beat every FBCH/HAC issue to death. This results in fewer posters and then fewer posters lead to threads monopolized by the few. It is hard to do threads such as first date at HAC or where did you work because there are so few posters. The action is upstairs where you don't need the HAC connection to participate but even that has slowed down.

Another issue is we are all going older and our HAC experience is farther in the rear view mirror so things that may have created discussion at one time doesn't matter to the folks who are left. An example would be the passing of Jim Vineyard. He was a larger than life presence when I was at HAC.  Love him or hate him or think he just went crazy he was a large part of my HAC experience. He was gone from HAC by the time most of the present day posters arrive at HAC.

Everything has a life cycle. What made the Hyles-Anderson part of the forum great was it focused on HAC. After years of intense focus what is there to talk about on something that is singularly focused for the most part?  That single focus made us fun and great will be one of the reasons for our ultimate demise.

While I agree that HAC related issues definitely spike the numbers, I don't agree totally that it is the main reason for a drop in numbers.  I still think social media is doing us in much like what Walmart has done to the mom and pop stores.  People only have so much time to post and they are caught up in FB, etc.  Personally, I think there is time for both if one takes a look at the FFF every couple of days.

I will agree that many of the threads are monopolized by the few (me being in that number).  Other than the "Worthless thread" which is manly 2 posters talking to themselves, there is a topic with most other threads.  Personally, I enjoy the humorous topic threads.  We use to have a multitude of posters on these threads.  If you attended HAC there is almost an endless supply of posts that can be entered.  During my daily life I will see something which will make me think of something a Hacker would do.

You are also correct about our college years getting further in the rear view mirror.  On the other hand, who doesn't like to reminisce!  I text with several of my old HAC friends and 1/2 of the items we send one another have something goofy to do with HAC or something about an old classmate.  If they took the time to get on the FFF they would post.

Lastly, there is a definite lack of younger Hackers on the FFF.  The wide majority of us are from Dr. Hyles' time.  Where are those who attended HAC during the Schaap years.  Again, back to the newer social media.  I believe that's where they hang out.

Twisted said:
RAIDER said:
Route_70 said:

I believe that's an insult to Spam.  He's more like the jelly junk on top of the Spam when you open the can.

He is a stinkin' worthless Hacker!!