Why do I have a -1

R

raised2walk

...and no red rep? Is there a sneaky red giver around here?

IDK 

(that stands for "I don't know" for whoever it is who was asking about acronymns) 

Thanks, patriotic.  I was the one asking.  I appreciate the decipher.  :D

raised2walk, I'm not the red giver, but really...Bambi and Thumper? 

...reminds me of Bambi meets Godzilla.  The only thing missing was maple syrup. 

Does the ADMIN read threads on the Suggestions and Comments board?  :D

Well, since you haven't gotten an official answer, yet, I'll take a guess...

My guess is that someone gave you the mystery red and then subsequently quit the forum.  You can't see who did it because they are no longer in the member list.

lnf said:
Well, since you haven't gotten an official answer, yet, I'll take a guess...

My guess is that someone gave you the mystery red and then subsequently quit the forum.  You can't see who did it because they are no longer in the member list.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was the case.

Inf for Admin!!

Inf has the best guess... I had two people in the last week ask me to not only delete their accounts but all of their posts.

Now, you need to contribute to the "Get rid of negative karma fund." :D

admin said:
The reason I showed the karma links on the posts is for everyone to be able to see what is going on behind the negative.

LOVE that!

raised2walk, I see our wonderful admin has reset your reds.  I'm very happy for you! 

Mr. Admin, would you be so inclined as to reset aleshanee's undeserved reds from Recovering IFB?  Whadya say, Mr. Admin?  Check it out.  He gave aleshanee 2 of those reds as he was calling her a liar.  Now, that's just not true, and we all know it.

So are we all going to get reds taken off now if we feel they are undeserved?

admin said:
qwerty said:

From what I know... yours are all deserved! Lol!!!

So you alone are the deciding factor as to whether we have "undeserved" reds?

Is there an application process, or do we have to start a thread to have it investigated?

If a person reds you, but also calls you a liar, do those have a better chance of getting overturned? Even if the that person is handing out negative karma as retaliation?

What an unfortunate turn of events.  I guess the old adage holds true:  no good deed goes unpunished. 

qwerty, I meant my request to be a blessing to aleshanee, to do what I could to help right a wrong I saw.  I'm sorry you were offended by what I meant as a kindness.

aleshanee, I appreciated the fact that you asked Mr. Admin to remove the reds you gave in retaliation.  That was the right Christian thing to do. 

admin said:
aleshanee said:
you know what... just forget it....  leave mine as they are...... i didn;t ask for them to be removed myself...  (though i appreciate the efforts of the person who did)...  and i didn;t start a thread crying about reds i was given either.... .. . but if qwerty is going to start crying now coz admin asked me if i wanted a couple of mine deemed undeserved to be removed....  then just forget about it.. ... considering the nature of both him and the individual that gave them to me ...  and the topic of the thread it happened in... maybe i should be proud of them....... 

need some tissues qwerty?... .. maybe we should add a third option to the red / green karma feature and call it "some cheese to go with your whine"....  ... what a crybaby....

Give this girl some Green!

Done!  I'm just sorry I didn't think to do it before you mentioned it!!

qwerty said:
admin said:
qwerty said:

From what I know... yours are all deserved! Lol!!!

So you alone are the deciding factor as to whether we have "undeserved" reds?

Is there an application process, or do we have to start a thread to have it investigated?

If a person reds you, but also calls you a liar, do those have a better chance of getting overturned? Even if the that person is handing out negative karma as retaliation?

The Joker - Why so serious

aleshanee said:
you know what... just forget it....  leave mine as they are...... i didn;t ask for them to be removed myself...  (though i appreciate the efforts of the person who did)...  and i didn;t start a thread crying about reds i was given either.... .. . but if qwerty is going to start crying now coz admin asked me if i wanted a couple of mine deemed undeserved to be removed....  then just forget about it.. ... considering the nature of both him and the individual that gave them to me ...  and the topic of the thread it happened in... maybe i should be proud of them....... 

need some tissues qwerty?... .. maybe we should add a third option to the red / green karma feature and call it "some cheese to go with your whine"....  ... what a crybaby....

You should not let the Internet get to you.....

If the forum is going to go down this road, there should be some guidelines set as to what constitutes as "undeserved".

All my negative karma was from the same person, and all we ended up doing is just doing a tit-for-tat on each others post. I could care less about karma scores, but if the admin is going to start changing them, what are the rules for this and what is the process.

Changing karma between active users is different than the OP. It appears that she was still being penalized after a user requests all the posts and account removed. Any Karma related to the deleted user should disappear as well.

No one is crying, and there only appears to be one melt down in this thread and has all ready gone down the name-calling trail.

aleshanee said:
qwerty said:
aleshanee said:

You should not let the Internet get to you.....

If the forum is going to go down this road, there should be some guidelines set as to what constitutes as "undeserved".

All my negative karma was from the same person, and all we ended up doing is just doing a tit-for-tat on each others post. I could care less about karma scores, but if the admin is going to start changing them, what are the rules for this and what is the process.

Changing karma between active users is different than the OP. It appears that she was still being penalized after a user requests all the posts and account removed. Any Karma related to the deleted user should disappear as well.

No one is crying, and there only appears to be one melt down in this thread and has all ready gone down the name-calling trail.

really?.... coz it sure seems like you allowed the internet to get to you........ what we were talking about here didn;t even involve you.... it was a civil and even pleasant discussion until you came in and stunk it up..... .. and there was no melt down either....  i just got sick and tired of your petty condescending attitude and told you off on it ....  ..

interesting how you exonerate the op request for negative karma removal... object to it in my case...  then complain about name calling when name calling was the whole reason lnf made her request of admin to remove those negative marks against me in the first place... ...  what.. . is it ok for someone to call me a liar but not ok for me to call you a crybaby?.. .. . ..  or does your sense of fair play only go so far as to what serves you personally?.....

If someone wishes to leave the forum and request all their posts and traces of their existence on the forum be removed, it is only logical that the Karma that the person gave would also be removed. The OP has a valid point since it is a matter fairness.  If you want to leave Karma, good or bad, you should have the guts to stick around and not be a coward and give the finger to someone as you are running out the door.

Again, if we are going down this road, what are the criteria for having negative Karma evaluated?  Is the Admin going to use a poll, the Mod's, other users to evaluate if negative Karma is "undeserved".  If the person giver and recipient agree after a "tit-for-tat" while they remove all the negative Karma given?

If one resorts to name calling, it is generally a result of having a weak argument.