Why do some people prefer Rock n'Roll over good music?

I

Ironman

What is it in Rock n'Roll that pagans like so much?

What is it in Rock n'Roll that some believers think that they have to have it in church?

Is it just preference?  Then why do some get angry when someone says that it is trash?

Hey retard, you do realize that "Iron Man" was a heavy metal song before he was a superhero?  And you know that Bruce Willis is a rock 'n' roll singer, right?  Cast your foul avatar into the abyss whence it belongs!

The stupid, it burns.

Ransom said:
Hey retard, you do realize that "Iron Man" was a heavy metal song before he was a superhero?  And you know that Bruce Willis is a rock 'n' roll singer, right?  Cast your foul avatar into the abyss whence it belongs!

The stupid, it burns.

1.  Ironman is me not your comic book hero.

2.  Bruce Willis is a great actor and a great American.  Every one has their faults. 

Ironman said:

What is it in Rock n'Roll that some believers think that they have to have it in church?

Is it just preference?  Then why do some get angry when someone says that it is trash?

I can't answer the question as posed in your title. It assumes that rock 'n' roll isn't good music, and I reject that assumption. Granted that some of it isn't good, but that's true of any musical genre.

What is there about it that pagans like? I really don't know, I guess you'd have to ask a pagan.  :p

Why do I have to have it in church? I don't have to, but unless we ditch the idea of having music in church completely, the music has to be of some style or other, and that's one of the styles I prefer.

Yeah, it's just preference. Why do some people get angry when you tell them something they like is trash? Um, people do that. It's how we are.

Ironman said:

Yes, it's just preference.

Attention
Although Ironman likes to think he represents all of IFB and speaks for them, he does not. IFB is not a culture - it is merely non-affiliation with a denominational body such as the SBC.
There are people even a few pastors who call themselves IFB who like rock music - whether they prefer it or not I don't know.

brianb said:
Attention
Although Ironman likes to think he represents all of IFB and speaks for them, he does not. IFB is not a culture - it is merely non-affiliation with a denominational body such as the SBC.
There are people even a few pastors who call themselves IFB who like rock music - whether they prefer it or not I don't know.

I only represent the IFB who do not like Stink n'Roll. 

Ironman said:
brianb said:
Attention

I only represent the IFB who do not like Stink n'Roll.

Fair enough but in another thread you got all defensive about people making fun of all things IFB. I don't consider those exclusively IFB things. Some would merely call them fundie  things. The term fundie can apply to any denomination or church even Evangelical or mainline Protestant. Many on here associate fundie with IFB only but that's because that's all they know - I know more than they do because of what I see and read. And it isn't just in the matter of music. There are mainline Evangelicals (not the cults) for example well known ones who believe that women should wear dresses or skirts when they have the option to - and these are women who believe that - most of the men in mainline Evangelicalism don't say anything - it's the women who do most of the talking, just saying  - so you can't blame it all on men. And some of their reasons are surprisingly similar to those of IFB fundies.

Ironman said:
Why do some people prefer Rock n'Roll over good music?

I like getting the best of both worlds and enjoy good Rock n'Roll music.

But that's just me.