Woke Up to This

prophet said:
The job I worked through college kept asking me when I was graduating.
They had a policy that mid-level mgt. had to have a Bach. Deg.
They had promoted me as far as legally allowed.

I turned it down, because that wasn't my purpose in life.
But, they never cared about accreditation.

If I was in a field were my education pedigree mattered, I wouldn't have gone to HAC.

My last two jobs, I needed a BS degree, accreditation did not matter. I was turned away from Calumet College about 10 years ago when I looked into enrolling to get a teaching degree. None of my HAC classes would transfer, even English, History, Philosophy, etc. I would have had to start over as a Freshman so since none would be accepted, I went another way with my career.

prophet said:
People make choices.
Some allow others to make their choices.
Some are part of a cult, and don't know better, and I don't blame them.

But, if you were a grown man, and came to HAC of your own volition, and want to blame it cuz you're a flop...
I got news for ya....you were a flop before you came.

earnestly contend

Both my parents and in-laws were 'baby' Christians, living out-of-state when with the advice of their respective pastors, moved to attend HAC. I wouldn't say either were 'flops' but rather blind sheep, wanting to do what God wanted them to do, not realizing they were following man and perhaps not God. (Not my call to make as to God's will for them.)

I believe some attend out of earnest naivety and once eyes have been opened, try to recoup losses. Human nature, just like being burned by a scam artist.

FWIW: I checked a couple of different federal prisons because many of them are looking for full time chaplains. An accredited degree in Bible or related field is required. I know of probably half a dozen teachers who were let go etc. when the recession and the other stuff hit the fan and none of them could teach anywhere else or coach but at another ifb school. (in order to coach most of the schools have policies that said a coach had to be a faculty member)

prophet said:
Same here. Have had zero issues even with acceptance for continuing education. Seems like a good excuse for some folks though.
The job I worked through college kept asking me when I was graduating.
They had a policy that mid-level mgt. had to have a Bach. Deg.
They had promoted me as far as legally allowed.

I turned it down, because that wasn't my purpose in life.
But, they never cared about accreditation.

If I was in a field were my education pedigree mattered, I wouldn't have gone to HAC.

People make choices.
Some allow others to make their choices.
Some are part of a cult, and don't know better, and I don't blame them.

But, if you were a grown man, and came to HAC of your own volition, and want to blame it cuz you're a flop...
I got news for ya....you were a flop before you came.

earnestly contend
[/quote]

B-I-N-G-O!!!

Brethren, it has been over two years since a lawsuit was filed against FBCH over an investment fraud run by a deacon. The last news article I can find is about a year old. Does anybody know if it was ever settled or where it is in the courts?

I am writing a series on another forum about how the scheme worked and how to avoid similar schemes,

To the person who asked where he got the $200,000, his wife died several years ago and I believe her husband died leaving her money.