Worst class ever

ExFundy

Elect
Reaction score
Which class wins the award for,"complete waste of time?"

Don margarine( book of Isaiah) Did anyone learn anything in that class?

Never took Isaiah.

For me it is a toss up between Bibliology and Church Education both with Bro Finn.  We  had to take 4 Church Ed's and all 4 were exactly the same.    What a waste

Christian Home with Bro. Porter.      blahhhhhhhhhhh

I would be careful calling any class involves God's Holy Word a "waste of time"

but i had to pick the most challenging / one i didnt get as much out of as others it would prob be Christian Home ( bro Porter) "just a big kid" we may have went to school at the same time

Saved by Grace said:
I would be careful calling any class involves God's Holy Word a "waste of time"

but i had to pick the most challenging / one i didnt get as much out of as others it would prob be Christian Home ( bro Porter) "just a big kid" we may have went to school at the same time

Well seeing how he only taught it for 2 maybe 3 semesters I would say so.

I would certainly agree that Finn's Bibliology was a complete waste of time. I was actually interested in studying the different Bible versions and early manuscripts when I took the class, but instead it was just taking worthless notes about different views on Biblical inspiration. I took Christian Home when it was still taught by Vineyard, back when he was still able to brag about the two good sons he turned out and blamed Dave Hyles for ruining his other son. Another huge waste of time. 

oldfashionedbrat said:
I would certainly agree that Finn's Bibliology was a complete waste of time. I was actually interested in studying the different Bible versions and early manuscripts when I took the class, but instead it was just taking worthless notes about different views on Biblical inspiration. I took Christian Home when it was still taught by Vineyard, back when he was still able to brag about the two good sons he turned out and blamed Dave Hyles for ruining his other son. Another huge waste of time.

Yeppers!!  Bro. Finn's Bibliology class just showed me that the KJV only crowd really did not have much to stand upon in the end.  Also that Bro. Finn, despite teaching it for decades really had no knowledge of the subject.  Just note to lean upon.  He could not field the few questions that he actually allowed to be asked.

As for Christian Home, I personally liked it back when I took it.  Like you though, it was long before the various sexual sins of the preacher and his sons came to light and we all were duped in to thinking JAV actually had the home stuff right.

Lol, I'm not sure if I was ever duped into believing he had raised his sons right, even back then. I just figured they were too scared to do wrong, and I determined that, if I ever had my own kids, I'd try to raise them to do right cuz they wanted to, not cuz they were scared of me. And, ya, I was basically proven right eventually.

oldfashionedbrat said:
Lol, I'm not sure if I was ever duped into believing he had raised his sons right, even back then. I just figured they were too scared to do wrong, and I determined that, if I ever had my own kids, I'd try to raise them to do right cuz they wanted to, not cuz they were scared of me. And, ya, I was basically proven right eventually.

I understand your position of figuring him out.  For me I was married and had a family when I started OBC and I looked at Christian Home class different then a single student would have.  Also I was a major drinker of the IFB Kool Aid back then.  Praise the Lord for the scales coming off my families eyes to the reality of WHBC and IFBxerism as a whole.